Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I think the US is dumb for not using Celsius

Guyver posted:

I just kind of find it insulting they think you need two people for 165 lbs.

Unless one of the people is a woman, in which case it becomes a three man lift. That never made sense to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

wesleywillis posted:

I think that Racism was around since long before 'murica popularized it.

Sort of, but it didn't really take off until white people needed a reason to justify why they could own black people.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Apparently this was the gender reveal plane. Maybe you could fit another person in there.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Pigsfeet on Rye posted:

dump sterno on the crowd and then drop flares for the finale.

Ok everyone, apply your celebration jelly.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
if that guy died, you should probably remove that one.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Bees on Wheat posted:

Hmm yes this looks very safe, indeed. :hmmyes:

Not pictured: the scorched outlet that was somehow like this before someone plugged this in.

How did you get a picture of my nephew's phone charger?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I don't care how many precautions someone takes, I don't like any youtube channel that makes it look like they are about to kill themselves. At least the electro boom guy is knowledgeable in electricity. The backyard scientist guy always looks like he just found out about something on the internet and now he's trying it with reckless abandon because "lol i f*cking love science"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
At least the train was going slow enough that the driver didn't have to worry about killing the person.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Nenonen posted:

With all that flag waving, are we sure this isn't a political ad? It just needs commentary/labels :patriot:

I guess if the message is that you're the big tough train and your opponent is the idiot in the car.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Varkk posted:

Looks like you are the car hating opponent who wants to railroad our freedoms.

Well you're the train hating opponent who wants to car road our traindoms (being dominated by a train).

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

DrBouvenstein posted:

Which reminds me, has Cody from Cody's Lab died of mercury or some other heavy metal poisoning yet?

I think he slowed down when his girlfriend left him

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Why not just put it down and try again?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Booourns posted:

I'm impressed, don't those things only support like 500 lbs when fully extended like that?

I assume he cheaped out and got the cheaper one, so yeah, that's a quarter ton in the farthest setting. With a safety factor of three, it would be able to lift 1500 pounds before failing. Assuming that car is around 3000 pounds with a weight bias towards the front, that thing is moments from failing.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I stopped watching his videos because he went from sort of interesting projects to "WOOOW I'M SO WACKY! Here's something dangerous! This week's video brought to you by some huge brand, they gave me thousands of pounds to make a gun that shoots flame throwers at orphans!"

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

Megillah Gorilla posted:

I stopped watching Furze after the beach hut video.

For me, that's when he moved from "interesting ideas done with skill and enthusiasm" to "that's loving stupid, someone is going to die"

Video in question:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yox9CKYh7EU

Yeah this type of video was fun. An interesting build with fun punk music playing during the timelapse bits.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006

LifeSunDeath posted:

It's almost like there's a term for this...some kind of machine...only rube's would make...dunno, got nothing.

Rube Steve Austin machine?

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
I still don't get where they guy expected that tree to go. Into the street? into someone else's house? That was way too tall to just chop down like a loving lumberjack in the middle of a neighborhood.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
WTF is it with people in this thread not tagging things.

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
It's to give firefighters ptsd as they frantically bash at the window in a desperate bid to save the person burning inside.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cojawfee
May 31, 2006
Everyone's a cyberfuckler until it's time to fuckle online