Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
In Training
Jun 28, 2008

#WatchTheTruth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

In Training posted:

#WatchTheTruth

#WatchTheFire #FeelTheTruth

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

#WatchTheTruth

Lord Hood: Isolate that signal! Master Chief, mind telling me what you're doing on that ship?
The Master Chief: Sir. Finishing these feels.

Unexpected Raw Anime
Oct 9, 2012

This game but it's Kazuhiro Miller in his Alaskan cabin and ends with liquid murdering him

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

First, the game said I had a girlfriend despite being outrageously drunk and goony. Then... it let me do this:

G O T Y

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Benny D posted:

This game but it's Kazuhiro Miller in his Alaskan cabin and ends with liquid murdering him

He had every reason to do it

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

Black Baby Goku posted:

Liquid Did Nothing Wrong

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Black Baby Goku posted:

I watched some cutscenes from V again recently and I have the urge to play through the game again

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Liquid was right all along. Snake was a patriots pawn.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Ocelot was the only admirable character in all of Metal Gear.

Dec 26, 2012

Lumpy the Cook posted:

The ending feels like a 'fake ending' you'd get if you didn't get the prerequisites for a 'real ending' but it actually is the real ending and the devs said there's nothing hidden.

There's a bunch of stuff that never gets explained at all, like what was that suspicious phone call you can eavesdrop on about? Why did Delilah not respond at all when you tried asking her what was up with the burned down cabin? What was up with those 'details about your wife that you never talked about over the radio' and how did that guy know about them? How was a hermit on the missing persons list able to actually fake being a government doctor to get a bunch of high tech equipment out into the middle of the woods and fence it off? None of it is ever explained and you're supposed to just roll with it. There's also those numbered books all over that never lead anywhere.

Of course the devs could be lying and there might actually be a real ending hidden away. I guess my point is, someone should make the Firewatch version of r/NeverBeGameOver

a gay man's rear end

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

In Training posted:

The Boss

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Well, that goes without saying.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

In Training posted:

Johnny Sasaki

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Ocelot is the hero of the series though which just proves Kojimas genius. I love Metal Gear

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

I gotta admit V was pretty good for a fanfiction. Can't wait until the real story comes out though.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

I gotta admit V was pretty good for a fanfiction. Can't wait until the real story comes out though.

This. Spinoffs are usually fun and interesting, and V was great, but it's time we actually saw the full picture of what REALLY happened. My body is ready, Kojima-san! Bring on Peace Walker 2!

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Hate to derail this further but I was eating dinner and thought about the shot where Venom "Punished" Snake is walking through the ranks of Mother Base soldiers and turns around to see Skull Face donning his iconic cap before the camera pans back aground to the other side of his face to simultaneously reveal Skull Face wasn't there as Miller walks into frame and replaces Skull Face's position 1:1 and peed a little in my pants.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

Hate to derail this further but I was eating dinner and thought about the shot where Venom "Punished" Snake is walking through the ranks of Mother Base soldiers and turns around to see Skull Face donning his iconic cap before the camera pans back aground to the other side of his face to simultaneously reveal Skull Face wasn't there as Miller walks into frame and replaces Skull Face's position 1:1 and peed a little in my pants.

It's so mysterious... I was really excited to find out what was going on with that when it appeared in that E3 preview.

my morning jackass
Aug 24, 2009

Is this game like dear Esther where you basically just move around to some dialogue or is it have some gameplay?

It was not easy to tell from the trailer.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Black Baby Goku posted:

Liquid was right all along. Snake was a patriots pawn.

THis

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
🔥👀

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm also watching for Kanyes new album op

Punished Chuck
Dec 27, 2010

In Training posted:

Sometimes I randomly have the shot where Big Boss and D-Dog hop into the helicopter for the first time and stop to look back at the camera and then there's a sick freeze-frame with a lens flare and poo poo pop into my head apropos of nothing and I whisper "hell yeah" under my breath.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

just finished this. i would've liked more content and honestly wouldn't mind playing a 60 hour game about a fat guy reporting fires and cleaning up beer bottles in the forest and mountains.

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

just finished this. i would've liked more content and honestly wouldn't mind playing a 60 hour game about a fat guy reporting fires and cleaning up beer bottles in the forest and mountains.

worth 20 big ones?

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

This.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

I feel like the feels aspect of this game was superfluous to the hiking around aspect (which invoked some major abstract fee fees of its own, but that's neither here nor there.)

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

tumor looking batty posted:

worth 20 big ones?

there are some great moments that are rly tense and make U question things but they seem to be front-mid loaded and the ending was a little disappointing.

Only recommended for godtier Feelsgamers. otherwise wait for a 50% sale

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

The part where you discover Brian's hideout and then 5 mins later his corpse was a major feels rollercoaster.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Dlc that fills in the days in between the main game would be cool.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

I feel like the feels aspect of this game was superfluous to the hiking around aspect (which invoked some major abstract fee fees of its own, but that's neither here nor there.)

As someone who hikes a lot I was hoping this game would be a good way to experience similar feels without having to spend 6 days sleeping in dirt without bathing.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Knuc U Kinte posted:

Dlc that fills in the days in between the main game would be cool.

yeah like i would've gladly paid 40$ more if it was actually 80 days long or w/e

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I played Day 1 and like it a lot.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

In Training posted:

I played Day 1 and like it a lot.

Thank you.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

In Training posted:

I'm kinda interested in this. I watched a few minutes of the first time you are at your job and the writing seemed really bad. Does it get better?

There ended up being a reason the opening dialogue was off and that's neat. I hope nothing happens in this game and I just wander around the woods cleaning up trash for months.

NickRoweFillea
Sep 27, 2012

doin thangs

01011001 posted:

a gay man's rear end

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

frank.club posted:

I'm also watching for Kanyes new album op

wasn't it supposed to come out yesterday. where's the drat album ye

Retarded_Clown_
Feb 18, 2012

Yeezy always brings the fire beats. I actually have one of those iPod Alarm clock things and for the past 8 years I've woken up up to Good Morning, (one of his finest IMO). it's an amazing way to wake, just laying in bed singing and rapping along until I have to get up and start the day.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Sophistication
May 16, 2014

I know this wasn't your original avatar but I just love this game. Cheers, rediscover.

Retarded_Clown_ posted:

Yeezy always brings the fire beats. I actually have one of those iPod Alarm clock things and for the past 8 years I've woken up up to Good Morning, (one of his finest IMO). it's an amazing way to wake, just laying in bed singing and rapping along until I have to get up and start the day.

Now that's paper

• Locked thread