Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

As a longtime fan of Robot Wars I shall be following this. I didn't play any actual Robot Wars games but I did try out Robot Arena 2 with that big mod, whatever it was called. It had some interesting physics going on at times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

So I just watched the new episode 3 and the talk of the series 4 finals reminded me how I on reviewing that found Chaos 2 winning was kinda bullshit. It even seemed to me that Stinger should have won against it, but Pussycat losing was even weirder.

Man, Stinger was such an interesting robot. Unless you could puncture one of its wheels (which were quite strong), throw it out of the arena or drop it into the pit, there was basically no way to deal with it. Not counting their first appearance where they drove themselves down the pit in their first round. It kinda declined after series 4 but fighting the reigning champion to a standstill has to count for something.

KennyMan666
May 27, 2010

The Saga

Captain Fargle posted:

The version we saw on TV was edited down considerably and if you watch the full match (which is available on Youtube if you want to look it up) there's a bunch of points where Pussycat gets stuck in the "flailing mode" I talk about in the episode and the only reason they were still in at the end was that Chaos 2 ran out of enough CO2 pressure to toss them OotA.
Yeah, that's fair, but the version that actually was shown I can only remember as containing more of Pussycat hurting Chaos 2 than the other way around. I'll blame the editors for that one.

• Locked thread