Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010
All things considered, these game modes that are not elimination types are skewed against the player. TheMcD had shown what bullshit Demolition Derby is regarding score (someone doing absolutely nothing and getting flipped in less than 30 seconds getting the same score as someone who destroyed over 50% or the arena objects) and this latest video showing off that in Hot Potato CPU bots actively aim for the player, even when they are RIGHT NEXT TO another CPU bot. Several times I saw the bot with the bomb stop centimeters away from another CPU bot and actively turn to chase down Fargle just to give him the bomb. It's utter crap. And no amount of programming excuses will excuse it. CPU bots go after each other all the time in other matches. Why not here?

Either way, I'm enjoying the videos but god drat is this game a train wreck at times. I just can't look away.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ben Kasack
Dec 27, 2010
I have to say, I am really enjoying this game, more for the commentator shenanigans then anything else really. I think my favorite moment thus far is in Adventure at about 30:30 or so Fargle just starts laughing up a storm because he finds the littlest thing funny and Jamie gives this sigh of just utter defeat, knowing he can't continue till the giggle fit is over.

Also, Fargle hopped up on pain meds is just plain funny. I knew something was wrong right away when I started the vid, but I thought he was completely smashed, not drugged up.

• Locked thread