Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.
What's your recording/encoding setup that your output video is only taking up a fraction of the screen, Fargle? Or are you avoiding cropping because the video looks awful stretched to fit, even using PointResize?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ElTipejoLoco
Feb 27, 2013

Let me fix your avisynth scripts! It'll only take me a couple horus.

Captain Fargle posted:

I'm recording the game and commentary using OBS and I know gently caress all about video editing tbh. This is just how things turned out due to the game being really old and loving my resolution up. It's direct game capture too which I thought would fix it but nope. :(

EDIT: Youtube keeps suggesting some kind of autocrappoing/resizing when I upload them but it really fucks with the quality so I don't want to do it.
Yeah, don't let YouTube do anything it offers to do on your behalf unless you want to laugh at the results.

For OBS you should be able to specify that it crop any kind of source automatically, but you'd need to know by how many pixels the input's off. Game source is just a hook that tries to detect the game's renderer/.dll and can sometimes result in a tiny source on old games, but maybe the problem is simpler and you just didn't click Edit Scene in OBS and stretch the edges to fit the preview window?

You might also wanna consider running the game in a Windows XP Virtual Machine if it's downgrading your resolution? OBS should still be able to capture it fine regardless, though, but maybe you can have an easier time window capturing the VM instead.

Give either the Tech Support Fort thread or the wiki a visit just in case, though, either might help you improve the videos in the future. It's not really a super problem but I figure you might prefer it if the videos were larger and stuff.

• Locked thread