Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory
One time I left a chuck key (basically a big T-shaped thing that you tighten/loosen the chuck, often on a lathe) in the chuck without noticing (it was out of my field of view stuck in the other side of the chuck) and was promptly slammed in the face by a flying chuck key when I turned the lathe on. I got REALLY lucky, my entire face could have been very seriously hosed up but I got away mostly unscathed.

One time I had just dumped an entire magazine as fast as I could shoot at a farewell get-together with a friend and his friend in the military who was going away due to transfer. I then proceeded to take off my gloves because I wanted to eat a snack. I took my left glove off first and proceeded to go and put the rifle up against a tree so I could take the other glove off, but unconsciously I swapped hands without realizing it and grabbed it by the steaming hot barrel and burnt the poo poo out of my hand. :supaburn:

Thankfully that is the worst firearms thing that I have ever done, it's pretty mild.

Also I managed to wreck a volvo 240 during a power outage when I got confused (it was dark and raining and the traffic signals were out) by getting T-boned but it was mostly my own fault. :saddowns:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuclear Pogostick
Apr 9, 2007

Bouncing towards victory

Devonaut posted:

If you think that's dangerous, just wait till you meet bride of chuck key.

:golfclap:

• Locked thread