Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

coronatae posted:

We do our maxipreps with an overnight CsCl spin, so he was pulling an EtBr-saturated DNA band out of a heat-sealed tube with a needle. The needle slipped! v:saddowns:v

I have no idea what any of this means, but if I'm correct in thinking your boss has accidentally injected himself with fruitfly DNA, you should probably be on the lookout for sings of supervillainy.

So when I was about 11 I lived in a war zone. Every now and then the sirens would sound and we'd spend nights sleeping in the building hallway because our apartment was on the side of the building the artillery shells were flying from. One morning after such a night two of my friend come and get me to go out and see something. They proceed to take me to a small clearing behind the kindergarten in our neighbourhood and show me a hole, about 70 cm in diameter, burrowed into the ground at an angle. There is something inside the hole, but we can't figure out what. It appears metal. So one of my friends pokes it with a stick. While he's poking, I piece together what it is - a fresh, unexploded artillery shell. I freak out and tell them we are idiots and need to leave now. My friends disagree and one of them continues poking, which sends me into a rage and I tell them something like "Nice knowing you idiots" and leave. In the end, it didn't go off. Happy times.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread