Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Elmnt80
Dec 30, 2012

A few days ago I was helped a friend wrap the exhaust manifold in his car. After going for a drive, I decided that the best way to test how effective the wrap was, was by laying my hand across the manifold right by the exhaust flange. The wrap is good for temps up to ~1500f iirc and as it turns out is extremely effective. Instead of burning most of the skin off the palm of my hand, I just hand to run it under cool water for a few minutes. As an added bonus, during reinstallation of said manifold, I decided that I was too tired to get out from under the car to get a pair of safety goggles. A piece of metal became attached to my eyelash and fell into my eye later that night as I laid down to sleep. This required a trip to the eye doctor the next day to remove said piece of metal.

This same friend also scooped out a dime sized chunk of the skin, fat and muscle on the top of his right pinky finger while helping me strip ballasts out of some old lighting at a dump so we could throw it all away. He didn't injures himself with the serrated knife he was using to saw through the wires (I don't remember why he was doing this, only that it was kinda working), but on the actual light fixture we were removing the ballast from when the knife slipped off the wire. The ER triage nurse was not impressed when I went digging around in the bed of my truck, found the chunk of my friend's finger, showed it to her and asked her if they could do anything with it.

Other fun fuckups involving said friend have also included:
Dropping a car on his foot while changing a tire
Him handing me a hot soldering iron which I tried to grab by the hot pointy end
Him picking up nuts/bolts that I've heated with a propane torch to break free
Trying to do jump shots while playing pool completely shitfaced that resulted in repeated nut shots and a hole in the clear vinyl screen of my porch. I now stand with the cue in front of my crotch out of habit while playing pool.
A drunken dart game between us that wound up with another person getting a dart stuck in their rear end cheek
Him flying off the front of my truck after I slammed on the brakes doing ~25-30mph down a dirt road due to reasons best left unexplained
And many more that I can't think of.

Large amounts of alcohol and the indestructability of youth account for alot of the stupid poo poo we did/do, but a good portion is also due to us creating a catagory 5 clusterfuck when attempting to do anything slightly more complex than blinking in each other's presence.

Elmnt80 has a new favorite as of 10:04 on Feb 27, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread