Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

Weldon Pemberton posted:

For some reason, when I was in 6th grade we had to make a weird multiple choice quiz about ourselves and get another random pupil to take it. I had a question like,

The kid got the wrong answer because I was a huge Pokemon nerd and he assumed I would never make a Pokemon faux pas. The actual answer is c). I think my parents ended up paying £400 to get Francis the neighbour's windshield repaired. My friend Andy has kept the Charizard to this day and gloats about it whenever possible. I'm basically just telling this anecdote because it's funny to me that it was believable that I had managed to set a door on fire with a candle.

I could list dozens of dumb things I've done through the years, such as try to heat milk in an electric kettle, draw a cock on a bully's notebook and then get caught immediately because I couldn't stop laughing, or throw bleach on a big cockroach (there was nothing else around to kill it and I have a phobia of them) and end up bleaching the linoleum in a weird cum-spatter pattern. I seem to scar less easily than most people, which is fortunate because otherwise I'd be covered with burn scars from cooking. The amount of times I've heard something like "you must have done this on purpose because I know you're not stupid" is quite high. People don't realize that being absent-minded is a separate thing altogether.

I've never owned an electric kettle. Why is it a bad idea to heat milk in one?

Once in organic chemistry lab, I picked up a bottle of toluene by the lid. Dumbass who used it previously hadn't screwed it in tightly, of course. I screamed "Crud!" as toluene splashed all over me, and the floor. The TA, to his credit, was right there at my side almost instantly, asking what I had spilled. He gently led me out of the pool of toluene, which was melting the soles of my shoes, gave me his lab coat, and instructed me to go into the storage closet and take off my jeans and outer clothes. Fortunately I was wearing a lab coat- because I'm not a dumbass, and a sweater underneath- because it was loving cold out, so none got on my skin. Granted, ultimately it was my dumbass classmate's fault for not screwing on the lid tightly, but why in the 9 hells would I think it was a good idea to pick up a jar of dangerous chemicals by the lid?! :psyduck:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread