Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease
Received thousands of dollars in student loans, then dropped out of college. Twice. Untreated severe depression & anxiety is a hell of a thing.

Something more along the lines of the other stories in this thread, once when I was in middle/high school (old enough to know better), I was home by myself and I found an object that I thought looked kind of like a weird knife, but I wasn't sure and I wanted to test how sharp it was. The object? A box-cutter. The thing I tested it on? My thumb. This is when my family started joking "Keep sharp objects away from him!"

Then a couple years ago, I was trying to take a lawn sprinkler out of packaging, and was using a pocket knife to cut some zip-ties. Next thing I knew, I lost control of the knife, and with one quick motion, I had two bleeding holes in the meat of my lower thumb. The knife had gone *through* my hand, going in and and coming out on the same side. I had to go to the emergency room for that one, got seven stitches. Best part, afterwards I went back to the sprinkler, and the zip-tie that I was trying to cut when I stabbed myself? Didn't need to be cut, the sprinkler could have been slipped from the tie and removed from the packaging at that time without cutting it. This is when I stopped getting annoyed by the joking and realized my family really did have a point (no pun intended).

One time I was slicing a bunch of jalapenos, and somehow managed to not cut, stab, or impale myself. Nope! Instead I just carelessly rubbed my eye afterwards, then decided the best thing to do when the burning started was to remove my contacts. From both eyes. Not a fun night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eh! Frank
Mar 28, 2006

Doctor gave me these, I said what are these?
He said that they'll cure an existential type disease

Gabriel Pope posted:

When I was 9 or 10 I tried making cinammon toast for myself. By putting butter and cinammon sugar on the bread before it went in the toaster. Then when it came out blackened and smoking, I decided it was just a fluke so I did it again :downs:

I was just about to ask what's wrong with doing it that way, then I remembered there's a difference between a toaster and a toaster oven. Putting the butter, cinnamon & sugar on before cooking works with a toaster oven, and that's always what we used when I was growing up.

• Locked thread