Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
oh my god I completely forgot that Cotton et al sent that dumbfuck "LISSEN HERE MISTER AYATOLLAH, IN AMERICA WE GOT THIS THING CALLED 'THE RULE OF LAW'" letter through backchannels.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
personally im filing this one under Unlikely but Entirely Unsurprising If True

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
perhaps if i wish hard enough, some mischievous fairy will grant me my desire to see Tom Cotton trip on he own dick and turn this into a real occurence

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Majorian posted:

Possibly. Even so, I do hope the Democrats take a tone of, "We're not saying this is true, but the Republicans sure seem to be playing politics with Americans' safety worldwide!" *wags finger at Republicans*

Republicans are way better at drawing guilt by association. The Democrats need to, you know. Start doing that more.

i think its more likely that the democrats would fumble hard on the spin and end up getting it turned into "those loving idiot libs take Iran at their word. what a bunch of jackasses, right?"

cuz, yknow, democrats

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

gobbagool posted:

So you do believe that the American Left has more in common with the Iranian ruling class then with American Republicans? How do you rectify that with Iran's official position on things that the American left hold dear? Or you just don't care about gay rights as long as Republicans look bad somehow. Seems pretty hateful and bigoted.

im extremely hateful, bigoted, and love detente

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
i think a government run and administered by literal avaricious fire-breathing winged serpents would be less draconian than the saudis

• Locked thread