Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:

Logikv9 posted:

Hillary "MY RECORDDDD" Clinton

Pretty good record though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Brannock posted:

Qualified HOW? You've married or been appointed (or carpetbagged) your way into every position in your entire life. You barely did poo poo as a Senator, you lasted only four years as SecState. The only thing you're qualified for is increasing your personal power by increasing your backstage connections and speechmaking to elites bounties.

YES REAL TALK BERNIE DO IT!

Bernouts again outing themselves as misogynists. Carpetbagging. Nice.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Pander posted:

1) Carpet-bagging has nothing to do with gender.

Yeah that was my bad actually. Sounded like a gendered slur a la carpet muncher.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Yeah sanders attacking Wall Street (all fine and good!) is the real way to fix race relations

Jesus Christ.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

SeANMcBAY posted:

I want this white people question to be asked at a GOP debate.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Joementum posted:

Tying this back to trade policy is an *extremely* Bernie answer, and exactly what you'd expect him to say, but it's probably too wonky to segue into here.

Also bitching about free trade is just insane.

I knew the guy was lefty but I still find it hard to wrap my mind around the fact that he's a loving protectionist!

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

That was a terrible answer from Hillary.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Nonsense posted:

You've starved thousands in Mexico. gently caress your free trade, libertarian in all but name.
Free trade has done more for human development and progress than anything else. Trade liberalization is not only inevitable, but actively positive for the vast majority of human beings all across the world.

Gamma Nerd posted:

"that we don't coordinate with"

suuuuuuuuuuuuuuure

It's a PAC, they legitimately don't. The only democrat who did was Martin O'Malley, which is why all the a-list democratic operatives jumped to Hillary's campaign.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

She's absolutely right on the Wall Street reform thing. Her plan is way more comprehensive than sanders'

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Excellent answer. Seriously excellent.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Hahahaha gently caress Sanders and gently caress that answer.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

This debate has absolutely convinced me Bernie Sanders would be a disaster on foreign policy and foreign affairs. I legitimately wonder as to his sanity.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Actually while I've always thought they were both strong, this debate made me see Sanders is a much better debater than I gave him credit for before and can put up just as good a fight as Clinton if he goes to the general.

Oh he did very very well, especially on domestic affairs.

His foreign policy is nonetheless appalling and reveals deep levels of ignorance and nativity.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

I happily plan on voting for either democratic candidate, friend. :)

I would prefer HRC, but I can understand the allure of Bernie.

This is me, I'm a loyal democrat.

But I'd really have to give some real thought to my vote if Sanders won. I'm not sure I can vote for a man who would empower Iran while simultaneously failing to adequately regulate Wall Street.

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Schnorkles posted:

honestly as a poli sci nerd kissinger being in the dialogue is cool as gently caress because he's basically the poster child for overreach of the realist mold of ir.

That also said its loving totally meaningless you nerds c'mon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Iron Rose
May 12, 2012

Lyapunov Unstable posted:

I think it's bizarre how somebody can be "obviously stronger" on foreign policy, repeated universally among news outlets, with the specific points of the "strongness" never ever specified anywhere by anybody.

http://www.vox.com/2016/2/9/10939640/bernie-sanders-foreign-policy

http://www.vox.com/2016/2/11/10966582/hillary-clinton-bernie-sanders-foreign-policy

• Locked thread