Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

I'm gonna eat shit out of his own lemonade stand!

Inspector_666 posted:

RTTS is quite possibly the most "Just one more turn!" thing I have ever played. "Just one more series" *3 hours later* "One more won't hurt!"

Change the difficulty to dynamic. I felt the same way, but it turns out the AI doesn't just throw FBs down the middle at all times!

Did they fix this? I have been focusing on DD because the hitting difficulty was stuck on rookie in RTTS.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

JohnnyPalace posted:

Did they fix this? I have been focusing on DD because the hitting difficulty was stuck on rookie in RTTS.

Yeah, it's definitely fixed, pitchers throw me breaking stuff out of the zone.

I think they actually fixed it a little too much for pitching. AA hitters are squaring up on my Betances clone way too easily given that he's throwing 99 and painting the corners.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

Oh my god how do you turn off the controller audio?

VermiciousKnid84
May 28, 2004
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Grem posted:

Go into Presentation options, then Audio, then turn down RttS Noise.

It's bad and just weirds me out. Doesn't help that I play as a pitcher and I like to pitch as fast as possible, so the dude's voice comes out in the middle of a pitch and is completely inappropriate.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

If you don't care about playing online do you all feel this is still a fun game? I prefer just doing make a player modes and playing solo to pass the time.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

i love it when you call me big poppa

vyst posted:

If you don't care about playing online do you all feel this is still a fun game? I prefer just doing make a player modes and playing solo to pass the time.

I prefer franchise mode to any other mode. Especially now that OS full minors is out.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

vyst posted:

RttS is the most fun I've had playing a baseball game in a long time. I mean, it's basically a baseball aRPG, but it's an interesting twist. That said, to really do everything the game has to offer, I think there needs to be some online play. But I wouldn't know because I'm still playing all the solo poo poo.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

vyst posted:

RTTS is completely solo and the best mode.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Thanks everyone totally going to get this!

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

To sign them is my real test

With full no movement clause
but did they fix RttS dynamic hitting yet

Infidel Castro
Jun 8, 2010

Again and again
Your face reminds me of a bleak future
Despite the absence of hope
I give you this sacrifice

Grem posted:

I think the Option is RTTS Yells under Mode-Specific Options.

Also agree that they're just annoying as hell and don't serve any purpose.

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

Dandy Kaiser posted:

but did they fix RttS dynamic hitting yet

I think that was in the patch that dropped yesterday. Haven't tried it out though, I just set mine to all-star when it was broken.

Online is my favorite right now despite playing against people who spent $500 on cards most of the time. It's like an extra challenging mode: make one mistake pitching, and you lose. Dark Souls Baseball

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

THEY FIXED IT GLORY BE

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

The controller yells were not a thing for me until the patch (which I didn't get til just now) and it's in Presentation Options -> Audio/Video -> RTTS Player Yells.

The patch notes claim that Dynamic Difficulty has been fixed but idk. I've been stuck just under Veteran+ forever and I assumed it was because I suck.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Ice To Meet You posted:

I think that was in the patch that dropped yesterday. Haven't tried it out though, I just set mine to all-star when it was broken.

Online is my favorite right now despite playing against people who spent $500 on cards most of the time. It's like an extra challenging mode: make one mistake pitching, and you lose. Dark Souls Baseball

Playing against scrubs who use guess pitch is beneath me as a cool gamer

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Do the base coaches yell at me through the controller in RTTS? That's what I really need, I'm tired of my manager looking forlorn in the dugout because I didn't try to take an extra base on a ball nowhere near deep enough for that sort of thing but they apparently wanted me to do anyway?

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Inspector_666 posted:

Do the base coaches yell at me through the controller in RTTS? That's what I really need, I'm tired of my manager looking forlorn in the dugout because I didn't try to take an extra base on a ball nowhere near deep enough for that sort of thing but they apparently wanted me to do anyway?

I never listen to the coaches. It doesn't matter how many bases I take because the god drat loving Angels are gonna strand me wherever I am anyway.

But yes I think they're supposed to yell at you. But do you really listen when it's Mecha-Mike Scioscia telling you what to do?

JohnnyPalace
Oct 23, 2001

I'm gonna eat shit out of his own lemonade stand!

DannoMack posted:

Playing against scrubs who use guess pitch is beneath me as a cool gamer

Can you even guess pitches in Diamond Dynasty? I don't know how.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

rickiep00h posted:

I never listen to the coaches. It doesn't matter how many bases I take because the god drat loving Angels are gonna strand me wherever I am anyway.

But yes I think they're supposed to yell at you. But do you really listen when it's Mecha-Mike Scioscia telling you what to do?

Well I'm still in AAA.

In the Phillies system.

I had to look up their manager and then look up the manager's name because I was like "Is this a real person?"

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Inspector_666 posted:

Well I'm still in AAA.

In the Phillies system.

I had to look up their manager and then look up the manager's name because I was like "Is this a real person?"

Well to be fair I'm in my second year of MLB after having won RotY and now Mike Scioscia is managing some other team (Red Sox? I think?) despite us still being called "Mike Scioscia's Angels lineup." This game is weird sometimes.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair
Oh also my current RTTS guy is a shortstop who has batted over .400 in AA and AAA (small sample in AAA so far) but has never taken a single walk and has single-digit career strikeouts and only 3 homers. He's a contact machine but I feel like if he was real people would be intensely frustrated with his inability to see more than 2 pitches in an AB.

Inspector_666 fucked around with this message at 04:49 on May 3, 2016

VermiciousKnid84
May 28, 2004
A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men.

Inspector_666 posted:

Oh also my current RTTS guy is a shortstop who has batted over .400 in AA and AAA (small sample in AAA so far) but has never taken a single walk and has single-digit career strikeouts and only 3 homers. He's a contact machine but I feel like if he was real people would be intensely frustrated with his inability to see more than 2 pitches in an AB.

Oh you're role-playing Andrelton Simmons that's cool.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

VermiciousKnid84 posted:

I also have no idea how to dive so my range at SS is...Jeterian.

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

VermiciousKnid84 posted:

It's funny because Andrelton Simmons is on my team. It's apparently a team full of us, except I'm apparently the only one that can get on base this way. I haven't even looked at my BABIP but it's probably ridiculous.

Grem
Mar 29, 2004

It's how her species communicates

RttS is for breaking records and mashing tatters. gently caress your stupid losing team I'm on my own team and the only member, me, either hits a home run of flys out on the first pitch.

Armitage
Aug 16, 2005

"Mathman's not here." "Oh? Where is he?" "He's in the Mathroom."
Does the custom walk up music still sound quiet for anyone else or is it just me? I've only played a couple of games so far since the patch dropped though.

Moe_Rahn
Jun 1, 2006

I got a question
why they hatin' on me?
I ain't did nothin' to 'em
but count this money
and put my team on
got my whole clique stunnin'
boy wassup
yeeeeeaaaaaahhhh

Inspector_666 posted:

The true test is if you have an OBP lower than your batting average.

Inspector_666
Oct 7, 2003

benny with the good hair

Moe_Rahn posted:

Exactly equal.

CellBlock
Oct 6, 2005

It just don't stop.

Moe_Rahn posted:

I had that in AA, but now in AAA I think I've drawn 4 walks. (Ok, two were intentional.)

EDIT: Also, he's a first baseman, because he's (read: I'm) a fat lefty.

The Bunk
Sep 15, 2007

Oh, I just don't know
where to begin.
Fun Shoe
Maybe a dumb question, but is there anything I can do to make sure a DD/Conquest game counts if I lose connection to the server? I had to go into rest mode halfway through a game, and when I came back it let me finish but doesn't look like I got credit for it.

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

Online suuuuuucks

Dubious
Mar 7, 2006

The Heroes the Vikings Deserve
Lipstick Apathy

davecrazy posted:

420 play in the Polo Grounds eree day.

I'm trying to get 700 innings with the Mariners and without Cano and the other gold guys the team kind of sucks and is not fun.

if you put up a super cheap buy order i can hook you up with Cano and Cruz, i'm done with them

DannoMack
Aug 1, 2003

I'm trying to get 700 innings with Reggie Jackson and Nolan Ryan...

eightysixed
Sep 23, 2004

I always tell the truth. Even when I lie.
How much benefit does guessing the correct pitch yield?

Teemu Pokemon
Jun 19, 2004

I've played two online games and have given up an inside the park HR in both because my outfielders WON'T THROW THE loving BALL

jesus of loving christland

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
I'm 0-2 taking on the cubs stronghold because my outfield has committed 3 errors that have resulted in 5 runs...

Edit: technically 2, but the cubs got a base clearing double with two out when my right fielder ran past a looper without putting up his glove at all. The thing almost hit him in the face.

And now it's 2-0 nothing after two homers. Jesus christ, I loving hate the Cubs

3-2 final. Get hosed assholes, :toot:

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 15:35 on May 8, 2016

rickiep00h
Aug 16, 2010

BATDANCE

Okay so I know what the C icons on player cards are, but what are the stars and colored icons next to those for?

Ice To Meet You
Mar 5, 2007

The stars are a "matchup rating" based on their real life opponent on that day. It gives them a ratings boost or nerf for the day.

Note that Adam LaRoche is retired and he still gets matchup ratings so I have no idea how the hell they make them up.

jabro
Mar 25, 2003

July Mock Draft 2014

1st PLACE
RUNNER-UP
got the knowshon

Did the last patch gently caress with the animations? I just had a game where I should have had 3 easy double plays but either the 2nd baseman or SS lobbed the ball to each other for the first out which made the batter reach base safely. Molina beat out a throw for crying out loud.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

alpha_destroy
Mar 23, 2010

Billy Butler: Fat Guy by Day, Doubles Machine by Night
If I was a GM and my AA manager let my 18 yr old first round pick who throws drat near 100 mph throw 120 pitches in his second start I would fire that rear end in a top hat so loving fast.

Edit: My RTTS catcher has committed three straight "throwing errors" because my second baseman can loving catch. Three straight I've hit R2 over the target. Three straight skipped throws. -30 points. gently caress this stupid throwing system.

alpha_destroy fucked around with this message at 18:13 on May 17, 2016

• Locked thread