Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Auk14HP
Dec 12, 2005

Screw this crap I've had it, I ain't no Mr. Cool

davecrazy posted:

Same with knowing how to actually pitch. If you know the art of pitching, how to use pitches to set up other pitches, know what a batter is looking for and how to counter that then it doesn't matter what player card you're using, you'll have success with anybody.

Regarding "how to actually pitch", do you have or know where to find a good guide on doing so in The Show? I've tried straying away from the game's suggestions on pitch type/location but every time I do I seem to get hammered (I pretty much play exclusively vs the AI, by the way). Despite going varying fast/slow pitches, keeping to the batter's cold zones, and trying to keep the slow pitches down in the zone I always seem to have much better luck when I stick to what the AI suggests via the catcher's mitt. And because I'm always sticking to what the AI suggests, it's not as fun to pitch since it feels so routine :/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Auk14HP
Dec 12, 2005

Lockback posted:

How many strikes do you throw vs intentionally out of the zone? I feel like that is a common problem, people try to keep it in the zone too much.

Not a ton. It seems like the AI is really good about not swinging at much out of the zone, making those I intentionally throw out of it a waste (most of the time).

Auk14HP
Dec 12, 2005

Lockback posted:

Dandy Kaiser's progression I think is a pretty good idea of working a guy up and down. I'll sometimes alternate that with an in-to-out progression too.

What is "Dandy Kaiser's progression"? A cursory google search didn't seem to bring up anything.

Auk14HP
Dec 12, 2005

Anybody have tips for hitting using Showtime? I try my best to wait for the indicator to meet the ball but keep grounding out/ popping up. Wanna hit some dingers!

• Locked thread