Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Hey, what's your favorite anime?
Cowboy Bebop
Ghost in the Shell
James Cameron's Avatar: The Last Airbender
Papa to Kiss in the Dark
Generation Kill
Dragonball
Mobile Fighter G-Gundam
The Godfather
Donald Trump
Ted Cruz
View Results

• Locked thread
cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
This kancolle character is in fire emblem fates

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

cheetah7071 posted:

This kancolle character is in fire emblem fates

if she was maybe id actually use a kid

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

A vase to face encounter.

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Siegbert sounds cool at least.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

I shall use Forrest and also probably Soleil and Nina.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Apparently the same twitter confirmed that Ophelia is still Ophelia and Draj (the fat adventurer lady) is now Candace.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

e: double post

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Junpei Hyde posted:

Draj (the fat adventurer lady) is now Candace.

Wasn't that name derived from "Dragee"? That's actually a really good localisation choice then. (Assuming it's intentionally a pun on "Candy")

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Wasn't that name derived from "Dragee"? That's actually a really good localisation choice then. (Assuming it's intentionally a pun on "Candy")

That was my assumption, yeah.

She should be able to marry Not!Gaius.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

I thought she (and Funk) were enemies that had like one more line than average if you captured them?

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine
What is the thread title in reference to

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Staff~ Staff~

E: OK for real I'm not sure but both it and my post I think come from some questionably scanlated introduction to the characters.

AlphaKretin fucked around with this message at 12:01 on Feb 12, 2016

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

I thought she (and Funk) were enemies that had like one more line than average if you captured them?

I know, but still. They get crit cut ins at least, and apparently their growths are good to compensate.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Nice thread. poo poo title. Oh hey it's been changed. I like the title now.

Senerio fucked around with this message at 15:07 on Feb 12, 2016

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Just like the Vita thread and other Fire Emblem threads this still isn't the general discussion anime zone. Please do not post bad.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

FactsAreUseless posted:

Just like the Vita thread and other Fire Emblem threads this still isn't the general discussion anime zone. Please do not post bad.

Who is your favorite Fire Emblem character, FactsAreUseless?

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

FactsAreUseless posted:

tell that to the guy what made the poll

Inflammatory
Apr 22, 2014

Austrian mook posted:

What is the thread title in reference to

xenoblade chronicles, and thank you factsareuseless for changing it.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!

Inflammatory posted:

thank you factsareuseless for changing it.

:yeah:

I didn't like the old title.

I'm excited for Fates. Gonna be playing Birthright first, but my heart belongs in Nohr.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
While i liked it, the old title would've been pretty weird to anyone not in the joke, so I'm cool with it.

Also I need cute/good support pairing recommendations for revelations.

Meowywitch
Jan 14, 2010

Fight for all that is beautiful in the world

So this game has swimsuits or something? Or had them, since it appears the english version removed them all and the internet is crying. :shrug:

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

voltcatfish posted:

So this game has swimsuits or something? Or had them, since it appears the english version removed them all and the internet is crying. :shrug:
yeah you could equip them. idk why people are mad since the combat models in this game aren't exactly high res and that's the only time they show up.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Endorph posted:

yeah you could equip them. idk why people are mad since the combat models in this game aren't exactly high res and that's the only time they show up.

Some people inherently hate the idea of things being removed from a game on principle.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
Specifically, the "risque swimsuit" is out, along with like one or two other ones. I'm fine with it.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Oh no I can't make my low poly video game animes wear a swimsuit anymore whatever else in the world could possible arouse me :qq:

I didn't even know it existed until now and I bet that's also the case for half of the people complaining about it's removal. Didn't people bitch about the models in Bravely Default being "censored" too?

Also I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles, what's funny about the new title?

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl

AlphaKretin posted:

Oh no I can't make my low poly video game animes wear a swimsuit anymore whatever else in the world could possible arouse me :qq:

I didn't even know it existed until now and I bet that's also the case for half of the people complaining about it's removal. Didn't people bitch about the models in Bravely Default being "censored" too?

Also I haven't played Xenoblade Chronicles, what's funny about the new title?

It's a fairly common Shulk quote. I guess it's supposed to be a joke about feeling people.

Harrow
Jun 30, 2012

Which one should I get if I'm an idiot baby who wants to play as the ~*~good guys~*~ but also thought FE: Awakening was kinda easy?

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Birthright is apparently kinda hard if you don't grind.

E: Assuming that my interpretation of "I prefer Birthright's premise but I hear it's too easy" was correct.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

It's a Smash Bros joke.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Ah see there you go. I've been avoiding playing it lest I feel tempted to empty my wallet for DLC.

E: DLC such as Roy ha see I'm not off topic

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

AlphaKretin posted:

Ah see there you go. I've been avoiding playing it lest I feel tempted to empty my wallet for DLC.

E: DLC such as Roy ha see I'm not off topic

Corrin is DLC even, so it's double relevant.

AlphaKretin
Dec 25, 2014

...Vase to meet you?

GARVASE DAY!

Goddamit I forgot about that. :doh:

It's kinda funny to think actually, there's always been the joke of "Is [Fire Emblem Character from Smash] in this game?", but Fates does have all but one, because they're in Smash.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Harrow posted:

Which one should I get if I'm an idiot baby who wants to play as the ~*~good guys~*~ but also thought FE: Awakening was kinda easy?
play birthright on hard

awakening was easy because pair-up was broken, and they drastically reworked pair-up.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015

Harrow posted:

Revelations, the DLC campaign has you recruit all the good guys, and also has way better map design and difficulty than awakening.

Supremezero
Apr 28, 2013

hay gurl
Of course, Revelations isn't available until March or whatever, unless you got the super rare ultimate edition of destiny.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

birthright, has better map design and balance than awakening

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
It's not hard to beat awakening in either of those.

CowboyAndy
Aug 7, 2012
I'm just happy there's no 'new enemies spawn out of no-where and attack' on the same round. That poo poo took the fun out of planning in Awakening.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
im goig to play fire emblem

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Eonwe posted:

im goig to play fire emblem

:eonwe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Austrian mook
Feb 24, 2013

by Shine

FactsAreUseless posted:

It's a Smash Bros joke.

I was actually referring to the old one. I didn't notice it change. I've played Smash Bros.

So, are the maps better? That killed me from re-playing Awakening and I was so loving bored by the end of the campaign that I lost interest. The dual up mechnic is bad, it just means your'e going to have half the units that you field most of the time because it's so broken.

• Locked thread