Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
foobardog
Apr 19, 2007

There, now I can tell when you're posting.

-- A friend :)

rudatron posted:

OP, there's nothing you can do but try and find a group that's more accepting. It's lovely and unfair, but there's no much you or anyone else can do as an individual to change things. Good luck finding better friends.

Wrong, it's ignorance not cruelty, because everyone sees themselves as the victim.

That's a much rosier image of people than I think is deserved. I think it's often cruelty hiding behind a facade of ignorant victimhood because cognitive dissonance is scary. That being said, not everyone is an rear end in a top hat.

Leave them the gently caress behind, don't engage with them, move on. There are a lot of people who are seriously bugging out about the return of more prevalent black oriented politics after decades of pretending there were no problems. The unspoken position of white supremacy in the United States is being challenged in a way it has not been since the 70s. It had become gauche to speak about it public, but poo poo like this has been being said in white-only groups for a long loving time, and covered up with dogwhistles for even longer. American history has been whitewashed to an insane degree, especially in regards to the civil war, and a lot of the poo poo that most affects blacks goes back to the 50s and 60s and even the 90s, not the 1800s. These people are losing, their lies are being exposed, and they are jokes.

Find people that are not assholes swaddling their fragile white masculinity in lies and conspiracies. Find other black nerds, I constantly run into way more than I ever expected, and it's gotten better and better since I was a shithead teenager posting on USENET in the 90s. gently caress these people, you've done nothing wrong, you don't owe them poo poo, and you don't need to and shouldn't put up with that poo poo if you just want to get your nerd on. Keep on blerding, brother.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

• Locked thread