Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Athanatos posted:

Will anyone who lives near or in driving distance of:

Fort Wayne, IN
Benton, KY
Mission, TX
Salem, OR

please come to chat?

I live in Salem and have discussed the particulars. I should be able to do the needful, but anyone who happens to be in any of these places, please speak up in case something comes up or I don't find what we're looking for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Blackajack posted:

And this is what makes a True Goon Hero (tm), folks

Is that what I'm feeling? I thought it was just heartburn. :unsmith:

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Somebody posted one of them on Facebook with a real account.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Trivia people get laid significantly more often than non-trivia people. You like getting laid, don't you?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
I could swear mibbit could identify with nickserv automatically. That used to be my primary client when I couldn't install something on my work computer, and I don't remember having to do that manually every time. Maybe you have to make an account with mibbit first?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Totally not cres.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Down goes Network! Down goes Network!

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

my cat is norris posted:

EVERYONE is helpful in some way. Just seeing so many people in the chat room is huge for our morale.

Truth. There were a hundred some people on Saturday if memory serves. By the time I was able to get back on Sunday evening numbers had swelled to about 175. It was thrilling to see so many people working together. As for keeping search histories clean, could that be done with Chrome profiles? Not sure if you can have multiple profiles going in different windows or not.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Yeah for sure, especially in the week before when we're scrambling to figure out the pictures.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

totalnewbie posted:

And we can ALWAYS use more people. You can ALWAYS contribute. These questions are often tricky! For example, the obvious answer is often a red herring and doesn't fulfill every criteria of the question. People that are searching will often share search results that look likely but wrong or incomplete, and having people who are able to verify (as well as cross-check other people's sources) are KEY to us not missing the questions that are our bread and butter.

This is very accurate. There was a question about a female athlete who became successful in a second sport later in her career, and it was totally written to lead you to a particular woman. She didn't match up with a few of the clues though, and we would have answered wrong ourselves if we weren't diligent about confirming results and realized it was actually someone else entirely. It ended up being a hundred point question, and I'm positive at least a couple of the big boys got snookered.

stubblyhead fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Apr 18, 2016

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
What's popcorn and why is it such a big deal?

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
?hype

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Yeah as far as getting going for new people slack is stupid easy. No idea how getting bots set up works. There's a ton of institutional knowledge and history and Emma pics tied up in deepthought, and losing that would be a no-go.

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe

Leperflesh posted:

Look at what you people have done to me

Just look at this. We all know our Google profiles get irreperably polluted by 54 hours of googling ridiculous poo poo, but Amazon apparently thinks it's cool and good to recommend me poo poo based on Oz's trivia questions. :argh:

I actually own this game. I don't think I've played it, though.

e: come to think I've got a ton of old obscure board games. McStabby, should I send pics, or is the stuff on board game geeks pretty good already?

stubblyhead fucked around with this message at 20:26 on Apr 21, 2016

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Completely different sort of trivia than what 90FM does, but the World Quizzing Championships is happening this Saturday. There are locations all over the world, so if you're not doing anything then check it out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stubblyhead
Sep 13, 2007

That is treason, Johnny!

Fun Shoe
Shortly after the end of this year's contest there was a Google spreadsheet for people to volunteer to take notes on shoes for the upcoming TV season. Does anyone have a link to that? I signed up for a few, but I forget which.

• Locked thread