Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I'm member of a party that has their annual convention that weekend.

I was like "gently caress no, lol".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
It's about ethics in trivia playing.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

CrashCat posted:

Also anyone who has old magazines or knows people with old magazines or better yet people who read old magazines and remember the old advertisements, we need you especially bad

This is how it starts ...

Nah, I'm just joshing. Go right ahead.

also,

The Glumslinger posted:

Until we have a basement full of decades of old magazines, I'm gonna say we're keeping the spirit since 99% if the team just rolls up the day before and helps out

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

lol, I was beginning to hope it'd been forgotten :negative:

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
I want to marry that name, and take its name.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Is it too late to suggest a name?

Trivial Fursuit 6: Teresa Halbach's car
Trivial Fursuit 6: Free Avery
Trivial Fursuit 6: The Dassey Dozen

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Phuzzy posted:

Sorry, but it's a sore point for a lot of the state at this point.

You mean as sore as... - okay, I'll stop.

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Athanatos posted:

Oh yeah brylcreem, we wouldn't want to bring down the high name institution that includes "My Couch Pulls out but I don't," "Dead Girls Dont Say Know," and "8=====D"

ahahahaha!

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
What the gently caress is going on?

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

my cat is norris posted:

Hi Brylcreem!!

See, special requests DO get fulfilled. Sorry that I couldn't send "all the cats" to whoever asked for them, though.

It's wonderful :)

Athanatos posted:

Hey the Movie is Blues Brothers. If you know anything about Blues Brothers come to Trivia next weekend.

Yeah, so we need someone to go through the whole movie, taking screenshots of every sign, menu, phone book, car, wall, piece of paper, grave stone, mile stone, and stone wall. Also transcribing the signs, menus, phone books, cars, pieces of paper, grave stones, mile stones, and stone walls.

Same thing for the new movie.

I did that for The Day The Earth Stood Still (with Will Smith) last year, and we didn't end up using it. But we did have a question from the 50s version, that we could answer via a screenshot, so there's that!

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Well done, guys!

My help was at an absolute minimum this year; I just wasn't feeling it. But luckily you guys stepped up!

Next year's dates are already written in my calendar, and hopefully I'll rock it with you fully.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

brylcreem
Oct 29, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Pubic Lair posted:

I also though OZ claimed copyright on the questions he writes? I know it's a bit fuzzy because trivia questions are essentially statements of facts and it can get murky unless you put in trap questions like Columbo's first name or fake streets on maps. Which are themselves trivia questions.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Trivia_Encyclopedia

Thanks for that link, I actually didn't know that. That's interesting.

But I think that The Oz would have a good case arguing that the specific wording of (some? all?) of his questions can be considerd works of art in and of themselves.

But, IANAL

• Locked thread