Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

simplefish posted:

'Six sick stick shifts', surely? Anyway, I love it

I like this one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

simplefish posted:

Can we get one or two thread mods like CNN and rawillkill for any leaks into the thread during trivia time ? That way they can be on the ball, edit posts and quoted instances, and the regular mods need not be bothered

Are individual thread mods even a thing?

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

tao of lmao posted:

non-trivia players

I don't understand.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

fits posted:

has anyone gotten around to cancelling desert storm yet

I tried calling, but their Retention department convinced me to keep it going another 6 months. On the plus side, I got a month of free sunscreen!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

We're getting close to the dark hours. In which, results are no longer made public until the final results tonight. If you've been waiting until the last minute, now is the time!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Should be a pepper on top.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

ChesterJT posted:

Let me guess, the one that was tossed was the one i drove almost two hours to get from the library...

We love you...

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

fits posted:

:ducksiren:

WE BEAT NETWORK. THIS IS NOT A DRILL

MISSION ACCOMPLISHED

:ducksiren:

I helped! Holy poo poo!

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

e: removed

Hockles fucked around with this message at 08:29 on Apr 18, 2016

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

Scientastic posted:

What was the Statue of Liberty answer, anyway?

Plus after all our secrecy on it, it was only worth 110 points or something.

Also, I think that we should have a password (+k) on #tp to at least give us that little bit of protection from randoms joining. We don't have to necessarily hide the password. Just put spoiler tags or something on it and leave it at that.

I have some other suggestions for us too, but I'll bring those up in IRC this week.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

In a couple weeks, I want to see the Google metrics on usage over this weekend. I know one was posted in the past, but I'm always curious to see it every year.

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

totalnewbie posted:

I agree that there's a lot of benefit to keeping things as simple as possible and that basically means IRC. I don't really think slack is great for the fast paced stuff that happens in trivia. It gives people flexibility, which is what's important. If you WANT inline images to show or something then you can set up IRC clients to do that. And, if we want to increase security, we can do that through IRC (institute lobby and then +k the main channel, for example, or at least registered only).

The only other thing I would suggest (other than +k) is a mode that allows only registered user to join a channel. I know there is +R that allows only registered users to talk, but that doesn't do much in the favor of preventing any "secret" info from getting out. The closest is setting a list of usernames that are allowed to join an invite-only channel without being invited.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hockles
Dec 25, 2007

Resident of Camp Blood
Crystal Lake

I'm lucky I was allowed to spend as much time as I did on trivia this weekend. I know I would not be able to actually travel for it.

• Locked thread