Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Night crew checking in.
Well loving psyched.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Nephzinho posted:

I'm putting together a shopping cart for the weekend in Fresh Direct. Right now I just have several meals worth of Dunkaroos. Do I need to add anything else?

Do they sell meth? Gotta stay awake somehow.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Deviant posted:

I'm brand new and I solved two pictures! :D

^^^ See this right here? This unequivocally makes them a better person than you. Come judgement day, God shall forgive any other wrong due to this act of selflessness.
... Don't you want Baby Jesus' love for all eternity? Better get your sorry rear end into the IRC channel.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Looke posted:

i loving missed popcorn

I go to sleep for 3 loving hours...

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

6 HOURS TO GO. GET THE gently caress IN HERE GOONS.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

totalnewbie posted:

The most important thing about trivia is participation and having fun! It's not about whether or not you're right or wrong, but just ~friendship~ :ninja:

Wrong opinion right here.
Being right matters plenty.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

This is perfect

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

my cat is norris posted:

Tshirt designs will be up at some point tomorrow. I just woke up from like my third nap of the day and eating dinner was exhausting enough. :shrug:

Not that there's a rush on this, but I do wanna get tshirts designed and ordered before the hype fades too much!

Are these "We Beat Network" celebratory t-shirts? If so, please count WifeRabit and myself in.

Also: I'd just like to point out that we missed out on 5th by an amount less than the points given for ELIZABETH TAYLOR'S loving INCORRECTLY NAMED COCKER SPANIEL.
*cough*

The Rabbi T. White fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Apr 19, 2016

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

If someone reminds me closer to the time next year, I'll spin up an AWS instance and configure us a private silc (encrypted IRC) server.
This has the added advantage of those who know what they're doing being able to use it as a shell with screen / tmux so you don't drop off from the channel when you shut your computer down and your session is available from anywhere.

If we want to get really fancy we could also set up a voip server of some description, allowing people outside the US to be able to join the phone team...

I'd say we could also host the wiki there and lock it down to connections from localhost only, but the thought of tech supporting a pile of people through dynamic ssh port forwarding is already giving me an eye tic.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Roki B posted:

Any barrier to entry will cut the potential pool of goons. Gotta be minimally invasive. I used to be a technerdbro and I could probably still do a linux thing but its been loving ages and I doubt everyone is going to be able or willing to ssh into a secured PGP VPN hypersecure goonclave.

Is exactly what I thought. Getting people on to our own silc instance will be no different to what people have already been doing, though, so is probably worthwhile.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Biowarfare posted:

We have AWS/Google Cloud engineers on staff and free credits for both by extension, and proxy call@sip.yiff.tech to the answer number transparently (same asterisk instance also handles our inbound number).

I do not ever want to have to walk rawillkill's dad through ssh.

Well, don't I just feel entirely redundant?
Put the ircd instance on a seperate host to asterisk, though. Asterisk is flaky enough without having to deal with constant data (even just text) coming in to the same box.

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

How'd you guys do? I was unfortunately tied up for the weekend, but I still well care about how goons did in meaningless trivia comps....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Rabbi T. White
Jul 17, 2008

Pubic Lair posted:

We got 4th.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gm5k5bSoHrrjw6JJr0Un5bNMOsqQ61voHkaULT5Gnfs/pubhtml?gid=1350135945&single=true&range=A1%3AC13

There weren't many goons playing. Those that were had to carry way too much weight and were pretty exhausted.

We probably need a trivia mailing list or something. This thread doesn't get enough posts to stay on top for the smaller contests.

Also some of the tools that goons have built weren't working which added to the stress. Hopefully they get fixed for next time.

4th? Good job, dedicated triv-goons. :D

• Locked thread