Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Is there a wikihow guide for how to connect to IRC? Here's a helpful post from Athanatos:

Athanatos posted:

Little IRC help if anyone needs it. We use +v (Voice) to designate that you are a goon.

This link should take you where you need to go: http://client00.chat.mibbit.com/#tp@irc.synirc.net

That link should take you to this.

Enter what ever name you want (Preferably your SA name), hit go and wait. It will take you to the chatroom. You should see people talking, and the Topic with information in it.

Down at the bottom where you can type stuff type this in:

You can double click your name in chat to open a private window incase you misstype

Use any password you want, and an email you can check. (DO NOT USE YOUR SA PASSWORD)
/ns register <PASSWORD> <EMAIL>

This should pop up so head over to your email:

You'll get an email like this:

Copy that command, and paste it into the chat.

If you did it right you will get this:

Once you are registered you should make sure nobody tries to impersonate you (we've been having problems with this)
Type /ns set KILL ON
You should get this message.

This will tell IRC to change your nickname if you are not identified with the server.

Once you get that far send me (or another one of the OPs) a message:

Now up at the top of the screen you can see your private messages to people:

If I am around I'll tell you to rejoin the channel. At the top part of the screen you can click the x near the #tp tab then type /rejoin #tp. OR you can totally close the mibbit tab and restart it. At this point you are registered and good to go.

If you have done all this and ever find yourself without +v in the channel type:

That will log you into IRC and autovoice you. As always if you have any questions ask in the channel, everyone is helpful. You can message me anytime and if I am around I'll do my best to help.

We still have pictures to identify before the actual trivia starts, so hop in and see if you recognize something.

If you know what you are doing the server is irc.synirc.net and the channel is #tp.

I super recommend using a client other than Mibbit (such as mIRC or xIRC or whatever's cool), but using Mibbit for now will at least get you in the chat and get your nick registered.

TEAM T-SHIRTS are up for preorder. We have no definitive name yet so I can't post the 100% final logo, but if you wanna check out what we're going with in theory, or if you want to order a shirt, all the details are available in the order form.

:siren: T-SHIRT ORDER FORM :siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Someone with a posting history in AI should see if we can get some car goons interested in trivia this year. :ohdear:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Do we have a team name yet?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

No more sticky? :(

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Page went up for Dad's Trivia's 2016 trivia contest: https://www.facebook.com/events/734687740000623/

It's not until November, but I don't think there's a better place to post about this.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hey! Just a reminder -- only two weeks left to order t-shirts!

http://goo.gl/forms/PKTne2SfBw

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

kazoosandthings posted:

i think i placed an order when you first announced -- is there a way to check?

You ordered!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Wax Dynasty posted:

Trivial Fursuit: Purrfect in Every Way

Totally TWISTED posted:

This has my vote.

Mine too! Especially because our logo features the frog this year. It makes no goddamn sense and I love it.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Partycat posted:

I think the idea is not to pretend we are furries or whatever. This puns and not explicitly yiff jokes.

Infidel: Is spretznaz staying in the suite this year?

How quickly you forget Tokyo Yiffed.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Only a week left to order t-shirts!!! :aaa: It's almost time for trivia!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Shame on you!!

Only four days left to order t-shirts. Please order t-shirts if you want them. Please e-mail me if you've got questions. http://goo.gl/forms/gm5EjKZu5u

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Tomorrow is the LAST DAY to order t-shirts! Invoices will follow soon after -- ideally, by the end of this week.

Again, just e-mail me or PM if you've got any questions.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Deviant posted:

I had to decomission my irssi box, so I haven't been in there. :c

The saddest. :(

Hey, does anyone have a subscription to Car and Driver? If so, does the magazine have any kind of online archive?

Does anyone have the ability to get their hands on older issues?

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Last day to order t-shirts!

:supaburn: http://goo.gl/forms/mpCRsbchDX :supaburn:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hey call crew, the call sheet's open. Talk to Ra if you want to take a guess at your availability.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Double-posting!

Final shirt prints:

Black Logo

White Logo

If seeing these causes you to want to make some changes to your order(s), PM or email me asap. Thanks!

Edit: Red is just a random background color.

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Mar 16, 2016

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

CrashCat posted:

Only change my order if you can find a shirt color that burns the eyes as much as that one. Toasty

Okay so safety yellow it is!!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

rawillkill posted:

Trivial Fursuit: 6 Sick Stick Shifts

Exactly 36

I dig it.

T-shirt orders are now closed. Invoices will be out in the next couple of days, so please watch your mailboxes!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Trivia, in brief:

14:03 rawillkill find every instance of that ad
14:03 rawillkill in LIFE
14:03 rawillkill and write down the issues it appears in

INVOICES have been distributed. If you haven't gotten one and you KNOOOOOOOOOOOOW you placed an order, I hosed up somewhere probably, so please contact me either here or through e-mail. Thank you!!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Teddybear posted:

Also, how much does a team cost to enter? I'm seriously considering making them read "OK Google" or "Hey Siri".

If you can get someone to register for you in person, I don't think it's much at all -- $15? But if you register as an online team, it's $75. I'd maybe talk to someone who's going to be in Point and can put the form in on your behalf.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

I don't know where else to link this. It made me think of the team, first and foremost.

https://uk.movies.yahoo.com/post/141540696331/crowd-funding-site-set-up-for-nazi-fast-furious?cmp=ukfb

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Here is a reminder to send me t-shirt money if you haven't yet!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Always glad to have new players joining us! Stop by IRC to say hello. :)

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

If either of you swing by and have questions, ask away in chat, or PM whoever has a name starting with CNN (that's me, usually CNN|Office during the day).

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

TWO WEEKS! :siren:

Just got the word that shirts WILL be ready today, but at a really inconvenient time for me, so I'll be picking them up tomorrow at around noon. I'm still going to get international orders out tomorrow by 4 PM. The rest of you will get your stuff shipped on Monday.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

International t-shirt orders are shipped~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y62bRTyeVyA

Edit: I also gave the t-shirt printers a thank you card. If they didn't think we were furries before, they might be convinced now.

http://imgur.com/a/G1GmG

my cat is norris fucked around with this message at 21:42 on Apr 2, 2016

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It's in two weeks! Join us!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Shirts shipping tomorrow as planned. Tracking numbers will be emailed out. Everyone but you international folks should have your shirts before the end of the week!

I'm wearing mine right now! :dance:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It's T-Shirt Day for the US team members! I hope everything gets there in one piece. :ohdear:

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Pizza base works just fine, imo.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Athanatos posted:

"Trivia 47: Mystery pictures on Monday, contest starts 4/15"

This please!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Haven't some prior year questions already been shared in the thread? Or were those questions taken from the contest we ran ourselves? Shows how good my memory is that I can't tell the difference (even after helping to RUN our contest).

If you want some good practice, check out the 90FM Trivia page on Facebook! Daily questions have been posted ever since last year's contest ended, so if you want to test yourself, go see what's safely available to the public. Since Oz is responsible for ALL these questions, it's good practice for the main contest itself!

https://www.facebook.com/90FMTrivia

Here's today's question: This picture appeared on a record album released in the mid-2000's. What is the name of the album?

We also have a running spreadsheet which documents all Facebook questions and answers from the past year, but I'm not crazy enough to link it in this thread and provoke Ra. Come by the chat room if you want a link to the spreadsheet.

MYSTERY PICS are loads of fun, and they'll be made available to us on Monday. They're extremely hard to identify, so get acquainted with IRC's ancient functions today, and you'll be ready for Monday's frenzied Googling. Reminder -- DON'T POST THESE TO IMGUR OR ANY OTHER PUBLIC IMAGE-SHARING SERVICE. You CAN safely share images with family and friends, provided the pictures are kept secure.

One other important thing -- there's always a movie. Every year the week before trivia, the town of Stevens Point descends on some theater and watches a movie that'll come up multiple times during the contest. Once we know what the movie is, even if you're already obsessively familiar with the movie's every details, it's a GREAT idea to make time during the weekend for a re-watch. You never know what kind of obscure bullshit will be asked about the movie.

gently caress, it might even be some Billboard rankings nonsense about a song that appears in the movie's third soundtrack album but didn't appear in the movie itself. Or the grandfather of the lead actor. Or the words printed on a cookie tin seen in the background for 0.25 seconds of a scene where someone's talking on the phone.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

For one of the pictures last year I emailed a really nice photographer to get some context on the photo and where it was used, and he ended up digging into his film and sending me scans of the whole set. He was really nice.

Trivia is weird and fun.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hi Brylcreem!!

See, special requests DO get fulfilled. Sorry that I couldn't send "all the cats" to whoever asked for them, though.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

People are in the chatroom analyzing the hell out of Blues Brothers. If you can help figure out things like this --

<+I_Greyhound> Can someone confirm the <object seen for a flash> for the <mm:ss> frame?

-- join the room and help out! Even if you don't wanna play trivia for the full weekend, sharing your expertise over this one movie could really help us out.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

HAHA I edited for top secrecy out of fear of our superiors.

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Hang in there, Peters!

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

Beg? No beg.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

my cat is norris
Mar 11, 2010

#onecallcat

It's picture day! :neckbeard:

Today we'll be challenged by a series of obscure and hard to identify pictures. Some might be recognizable, but most will require serious investigative work. What helps us the most, though? People! The more people we have around, the more likely it'll be someone will recognize or otherwise identify these pics!

:getin: to IRC.

• Locked thread