Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

ALL HAIL OZ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

can we submit name ideas for this year?

trivial fursuit: unsafe at any speed
TF: let's give oz a hummer
TF: winners by fiat
TF: dropping our answers off at the pool
TF: like uber, but for penguins
TF: wolfsuit in white van

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

if our goon-run funsies contest takes off, this would make a good traveling trophy. each year the winning team gets to etch their name into the fursuit cabin for all posterity

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Grashnak posted:

As if you can't just type out the URL for that from memory.

I know I can.

isnt it ?grease

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

tao of lmao posted:

trivial fursuit: yiff ya smellllllllllllllllllllll

if there is ever a wrestling theme year...

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

A lot of public libraries subscribe to Car & Driver. Not sure how useful this would be, though :v:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

ive always thought "we're more of a notwork" would be a great name but it seems in poor taste. especially with how that one network player was trash talking our ground crew, i wouldn't want that guy to go ballistic and burn down their shed full of candy wrappers

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

also these questions don't accurately simulate having to deal with mushmouths

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

im not sure if i have as much enthusiasm for trivia this year

wait...PICTURES ARE OUT??? :eyepop: :getin: :ducksiren:

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Squish posted:

Unfortunately I can't. I'm working night shifts for a couple of days.

if you know how to irc then all you need is 5 minutes of free time to get set up. if you don't know how to irc then it might take you 15 minutes. it's really not hard

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

All other goons reading this thread, this applies to you, too! If you think you might want to check out the action during the contest, you can go ahead and join the chat now. The buzz for this year is already buzzing, and your help is needed for the picture questions. Yes, you personally!

Nearly every question in this contest is the definition of "trivial", so a big part of winning is just getting people to show up. Every person in the world has a different set of information in their brain, and a forgotten little factoid in the corner of your skull could be what makes all the difference. We have come a long way in just a few years, and I am not joking at all when I say that the single thing that puts us over the top might very well be that book report you did in high school about some obscure athlete, or that stuffed animal you won from a box of breakfast cereal when you were five years old. Come sit with us and laugh as we puzzle over the most inane questions, and feel like the champion of the world when you contribute that one tiny bit of information that gets us an answer.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

The Joe Man posted:

This would've been a fun road trip if I'd seen it earlier; looks like I'm only a couple hours away from SP. Next year!

EDIT: Lutha let's go next year and pick up drunk trivia MILFs

oh poo poo i can learn from the master lol

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

the network guy from last year actually wasn't being a jerk. probably. what happened was that our ground crew went down to the station for the trophy ceremony and the guy said something like "maybe next year try some natural intelligence". our ground crew thought "wtf what is this nerd going on about, what a jerk" because none of them were aware that irl we are a shadowy B2B skynet corporation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

The time or two I suggested doing the KVSC contest I was told that I was welcome to start my own team and solicit trivia goons to come join me. If team leaders are actually considering it, even just as a test run for new technology or whatever, I can absolutely be on ground crew for that. That was the first marathon-style trivia contest I ever did, back in like 2005, and St. Cloud is an hour drive from my house. The contest is a blast and I can guarantee we would do well.

• Locked thread