Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

So long, and thanks for all the fish gallbladdΣrs!

Leperflesh posted:

If you can look at a shittily-photocopied, grainy, black and white clipping of a piece of crappy art and somehow remember which advertisement in a 1958 magazine it's from, or at the very least, the name of the obscure artist who drew it, that'd be fantastic.

I am very bad at this part but I enjoy it greatly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Grashnak posted:

It's not trivia until we've found the correct answer to a 300 point question 5 seconds after calling in the wrong answer.

It's not trivia until one person has the right answer but 20 other goons have a trap answer so it gets phoned in instead

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

People want distance from the furriness, I suggest:
Trivial Fursuit: NOT yiff furrther's contest

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

CrashCat posted:

Trivial Fursuit: Six Sick Sift Shifts

Just imagine when the mushmouth reading the scores says it

'Six sick stick shifts', surely? Anyway, I love it

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

AtomD posted:

Hmm, ok?
An old television advert for a car repeatedly lists, in song, the three colors the car is available in. What color is the car explicitly not available in?

Another important aspect is penguins guessing

As a non-American, I'm gonna guess Black

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

AtomD posted:

Well about that... The answer is Green
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1dEX2HpuNo&t=34s
You can PM me a "gently caress You"

When I posted, I thought "You know, I bet mentioning America will bite me in the arse" ...and it did

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Can we get one or two thread mods like CNN and rawillkill for any leaks into the thread during trivia time ? That way they can be on the ball, edit posts and quoted instances, and the regular mods need not be bothered

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Yeah one reason is just that the quiz owns its questions

The other is that one year we lost a place because someone posted a picture and what we had worked out so far 'helpfully' and it led to another team seeing our work, getting the points, and we weren't able to get the answer in the end.

I did report it but it took hours to be taken down, hence my suggestion of temporary trivia mods

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

We're on a mission from God

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Wings or thighs?

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

irc info in 3rd post is very quick and easy

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I've just been hit with work on Saturday all day but I might be getting Sunday morning off in exchange. It sucks but I'll definitely stop by the Irc when I can.

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Deviant posted:

I'm brand new and I solved two pictures! :D

No poo poo, what numbers? (obviously don't tell how you solved them in the thread)

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

:v:: Our biggest stress so far has been mushmouth
:gary:: Much Mouth?

A particularly piqant irony

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Thanks to STUPID WORK i am on hour 27 with a 30 min nap. That could have been Trivia exhaustion!

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Oh poo poo I coulda told you he was real

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

I wasn't particularly useful this year but enjoyed playing where I could. And I am taking partial credit for the team name!

Well done everyone, I know it's not as good as last year but top ten will always kick rear end

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

Maybe cam-a-roe posting

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

If you don't want to be called a SPAI then get in irc in the week leading up to the contest. It's not absurd to go through the process of joining a team before a contest starts

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

simplefish
Mar 28, 2011

nothing to seehere posted:

Also seriously what do people have against mibbit: I've set it up to auto-connect me to my regular channels when opened, auto auth my username, and it keeps all my logs. I've been using it for 5 years now, why should I use a desktop client instead?

I dunno, I only use irc for trivia and mibbit works great every time

Hope next year's theme is classic literature so we can be Trivial Fursuit 7: Dickens' Ciderboyz

• Locked thread