Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kumba
Nov 8, 2003

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Ok: which member of Network or Dad's is this?

http://www.waow.com/story/31224005/...WAOW_Newsline_9

quote:

$68,000 of heroin, meth found in Portage County bust

Posted: Feb 15, 2016 12:19 PM EST

STEVENS POINT (WAOW) -- A 36-year-old Stevens Point man was arrested after police seized heroin and methamphetamine worth $68,000, the Stevens Point Police Department said Monday..

Jason Cortright was arrested Friday and 107 grams of heroin and 136 grams of methamphetamine were recovered, police said in a statement.

The drug bust happened after investigators intercepted a package, shipped from San Bernardino, Calif., with suspected heroin inside, police said.

That led to searches of homes on Indiana Avenue in Stevens Point and Plover Springs Drive in Plover, authorities said.

Detectives also seized small amounts of marijuana.

"The seized heroin has an approximate street value of $53,000 and the methamphetamine has a street value of approximately $15,000," the police statement said.

No charges had been filed against Cortright as of late Monday morning.

Stay with Newsline 9 for the latest developments.

Someone was taking trivia prep this year WAY too seriously.

fake edit: super stoked to play trivia as always!! :toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
why is it that i still can't order portesi from florida this is BULLSHIT i need to try it after years of commercials

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
There is a beer festival during the day on the 16th that I must interrupt trivia for so I will return drunk off my rear end ready to soldier on. Can't wait.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
That's what I said last year. I think my wife might kill me if I skip it two years in a row

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

H2SO4 posted:

Listen, we all have to make sacrifices. Trivia is serious business.

I think I'll be of more use drunk than dead, but perhaps I will tempt fate :v:

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Agreed. It's beautifur.

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

CrashCat posted:

An actress who played an iconic dog-hating role on the big screen also played in a Shakespeare movie adaptation. The actor in the title role of that movie was holding a sign outside the premiere of his latest released movie. What was on the sign?

Bring Back Our Girls?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
And another advert one:

A black & white ad from the 1950's states that "people everywhere by the thousands - more people than ever before - today are buying" what now defunct division of a large automobile company?

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Rape Stink posted:

One of my local car dealerships used to use that same slogan, I think they were Mercury, but I'm only like 50% sure. It's probably been over 20 years since I last saw it.

Your memory is quite good! :)

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Are we getting the pictures really late this year? I feel like we've had more than ~4 days to research these in the past

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
Shirt arrived and it is glorious, thanks as always cnn!

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy

Klungar posted:

Unfortunately, an annual Beerfest event in town happens to fall on trivia weekend every other year or so, and Beerfest will always win. However, I just so happen to be doing my best to be there in spirit:

Are you in Gainesville? I was there today!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kumba
Nov 8, 2003

enjoy the ride

Lipstick Apathy
There's an "Auth" button you can hit in the browser window where you can type your password to auth

• Locked thread