Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I have returned from the dead to support my trivia friends. It's truly my favorite time of year and only people who have been awake at 4am arguing over whether Foghorn Leghorn is a penguin would understand.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Yeah hopefully we can get a few more goons up to SP to aid what few locals we have left :ohdear:

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Pawn 17 posted:

Sounds fun!

I'll try to make it for a few hours at least and come hang in IRC/mumble. I know a lot of useless trivia, but this looks like a level beyond what most people could know offhand. How do you guys find the answers? Just hoping someone on the team happens to have the answer or a way to quickly get it?

It's not enough to just brute-force google, but we search for nearly every answer - if that makes sense.

Your individual trivia knowledge will come into play in knowing what to look for. A lot of questions are seriously intense. I've answered maybe 3 questions directly in 5 years, but I've contributed knowledge that has lead to quite a few answers being found.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Basically everyone streams the radio feed while we work the questions out in irc. There are a couple other things we use as well to keep organized, but things really move too quickly for a message board to handle.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Partycat posted:

Portesi sucks !!!!

your off the team

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Phuzzy posted:

Emma Watson is an overrated bitch

Your off the team

(Sorry ra i gotta get practice if i'm ever to be your true understudy)

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

joke_explainer posted:

My body is ready.

Good to see you saddling up for year two. What do you plan on doing differently knowing what you know now?

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

McStabby posted:

Don't forget sports chat and Quiplash.

Speaking of, we'll be playing some quiplash tonight around 9 eastern. Come watch and play as the meta game of injokes shifts constantly.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Food. Sleep. Recovery. You heard it here, folks. 3 keys to victory.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Hell yeah, buddy! Welcome back!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

trivial fursuit: yiff ya smellllllllllllllllllllll

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Trivial Fursuit boycotts frosted flakes

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

This year, I'm going to try being slightly less sedentary. As such, I'm going to start doing pushups at the top of every hour. Good to get the blood flowing and also to stay awake. If other people would like to join me, we'll put something together as we get closer to game time. #pushupclub

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Down with that name 100%

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Thanks Betamax!

I'm so pumped, next week can't come soon enough!

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Here's one of the year's spotify playlists if you want to familiarize yourself with the kind of music we're dealing with. There are music snippets throughout the contest that will undoubtedly use songs from this list.

http://open.spotify.com/user/athanatossa/playlist/10noomwZgdHLi7COyFoKb5

Notice how many, if not most, of the songs are 3 minutes or less. Most questions we have 6-7 minutes to solve. poo poo gets intense.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Tim Peters posted:

NOOOOooooo. It's that time of year again in Stevens Point.

I wonder what it must be like for non-trivia players while their city gets taken over.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

And if you do get kicked, don't take it personally. Just pm rawillkill, athanatos, or myself (air_julio on irc), and we'll help you get set up if you need it.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Solumin posted:

first-time trivia person

My favorite part of trivia every year.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Curly Shuffle posted:

I am excited for trivia.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Looke posted:

i loving missed popcorn

I did not :smug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

I love trivia. Look forward to it every year. Thank you all for both allowing me to hang out all these years, and making this all so much fun. Guys in this thread talking about how they don't feel like they contributed much this year. Let me tell you this: I've been here from the start and I barely contribute poo poo. And despite all this I probably get more geeked up than anyone in the build up every year. You can participate and not contribute if that makes sense. Hell, my biggest contribution is probably drawing new people in with my exhausting, breathless explanations as to why this weekend is just so magical to me. My only hope is that people can take half as much enjoyment from this contest as I do. Again, thank you, to everyone. Things like this make me glad I stumbled onto this dead gay website over a decade ago.

• Locked thread