Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
So, the boys are back! Yer guitar boy, Greenwood, has confirmed that they've finished their new, ninth, album. As far as leaked info about it, there isn't much. The only thing so far is the fact that they've registered the company Dawn Chorus, probably in anticipation of the new record, as this is a method they've used before releasing In Rainbows and King of Limbs.

They've recently announced they'll be doing the live tour thing. I'm fortunate enough to be able to see them at Primavera, in Barcelona this spring. There, they'll be playing the new album in full. I imagine they'll be doing the same for their other live dates - OpenAir in Switzerland, Lollapalooza in Berlin & Nos Alive in Portugal.

Recently they released a disgarded track for the Bond soundtrack, Spectre, which I don't remember listening to more than once. Hopefully the new stuff grabs me more.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zv-w0zPSsTs

ICHIBAHN fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Feb 15, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Love the king of limbs. So many beautiful, subtle moments. Codex, little by little, lotus flower, give up the ghost. Gorgeous album.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
In rainbows is their peak imo. Album is so warm and beautiful.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah. The only one of those b sides I dislike is bangers and mash. The rest are lush as gently caress

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Radiohead confirmed for Lollapalooza Berlin, Sept 10 & 11, 2016 http://buff.ly/1KkxhR4 http://twitter.com/radioheadnews/status/699187252140904449/photo/1

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Still got the TKOL newspaper. Was pretty cool

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Guys

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Please

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hate bangers and mash. Sounds clunky. Hate most Radiohead 'rockers' tbh

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I have no idea why but the artwork reminds me of late nineties radiohead / UK alternative guitar music. Weird

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Actually reminds me of some of Boris' artwork

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Same. Pity they're only doing England instead of the rest of the UK. I'll be seeing them in Barcelona though so it's good

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wasn't some of the tour (the festival dates) marketed as 'hear the new album!' To the extent that I was annoyed thinking they'd only play the new stuff. I guess they can play it in full, still, but release it after. That sounds like a bad idea to me though.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What else ye been up to

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's SA Last Read?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Does Thom often suggest alternative track listings?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I mind thinking the segue from Exit Music (For a Film) to Let Down was loving brilliant. Just caught me again there. It's amazing.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Hahah no way this arsehole is called Brian Message

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Fuckin dickhead Brian Message

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Still a dafty. Be cool if he was fired

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Yeah Praha, great show, it's on YouTube

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Someone's listening in

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If there are decent recordings of these songs, and I dunno if there are, why does it matter if they're on the new album? Wouldn't you want new stuff?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Real Name Grover posted:

Radiohead's not the first band/artist/organization/whatever to do this sort of thing on social media

Who is?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

Real Name Grover posted:

Goons, what're those strings (particularly at the beginning) reminding me of? I swear I've heard something similar in a Final Fantasy game or somewhere.

Godspeed You Black Emperor

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
I'd say it's their most cohesive & beautiful work, it has a nice warm atmosphere to all the songs. Feels very un-Radiohead to me - there's very little coldness or paranoia which permeates all their previous releases. Only this and The King of Limbs have that openness & tranquility running through out. Kid A obviously had a very distinctive theme - alienation and fear, as did Ok Computer to an extent, but neither of them touch me as deeply as In Rainbows. I sink into it every time and, with the exception of Bodysnatchers (due to it's clunky intro), every song grips me and transmits the same rhythm & feeling of outright joy and, gently caress it, funk. I love it.

The King of Limbs has it's sensual moments too, and I consider this a cohesive, concise work. The song writing isn't as strong as on In Rainbows, though it's still one of my favorite records of theirs.

Burn the Witch is pretty perfect, it brings together so many elements of post Ok Computer Radiohead that I adore - the soaring strings, the warm, strong, expansive yet atypically sung chorus, the underlying tone of menace throughout the verses. It's like a mix of Twisted Words, Harry Patch, Bloom, How to Disappear and Codex. I hope the album follows suit. I wouldn't mind if we never hear another guitar led Radiohead song, quite frankly. I'm ok with music more in line with The King of Limbs and In Rainbows. Never was much of a fan of Creep.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Absolutely

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
The end sounds like Psycho

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Listening I kept waiting for it to go somewhere. It was a really nice little melody but I was not engaged with it. The melody is sticking with me though. This'll be in my head for a while. Great stuff. Video was pretty good I guess, gently caress videos generally. Album in 2 days YES

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

What the hell are you even talking about? Just put them on yourself, in literally any order you want.

Yas! Love this. Now we live in a time where we can do this kinda poo poo.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Wow

Gonna need links to the definitive versions of the songs redone on the album please

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
No I mean, I need to hear these old versions of the songs re-done/finished for AMSP, aside from True Loves Waits. I'd like to hear how they've changed.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Can't wait to listen to this solo on the beach in Barcelona, then watching them do some of it live. That's my jam

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747

olin posted:

HTTT has Scaterbrain, Myxomatosis, Sail to the Moon, We suck young blood , Punch up at a Wedding and Wolf at the Door. Its one of their strongest releases. Every single one of those songs beats In Rainbows except for maybe Videotape.

I find the whole my album > your album stuff tedious but this is hosed. So painfully wrong, everything here.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
HTTT is decent but their worst of the post 2000s I think. Though those songs your mentioned are probably the worst in the record. Bizarre choices. That's on you though.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Am I losing my mind or did Burn The Witch open with bird noises? On the album it just jumps right in. Am I freaking out or was there an album version / single version?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Thank you

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
If you live in the UK you can hear the full album anytime and place you want. Same outwith the UK.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
What's the subject matter of house of Cards?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Swinging is the British term, I think