Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shining Toaster
Sep 26, 2007

It's all boiling over...
(Yes I know, my avatar, it was funnier to me all those years ago with the whole trench coat/fedora goon thing but in any case let’s pretend it has no bearing here)

The only Radiohead-adjacent thing I’ve heard that I would call “sleepy” is Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes, none of The Smile’s output strikes me as sleepy at all. Wall of Eyes in particular actually hits as distressingly anxious, but even if that’s not the vibe you feel I think the arrangements are really loving interesting and I’m a little in love with all of it. A lot of that is Jonny Greenwood insisting that there be more “wrong notes” in everything, the man is a mad genius and that’s exactly what sets this work apart from something like Tomorrow’s Modern Boxes.

Though full disclosure, I also think The King of Limbs is severely underrated, so I might just be an idiot :shrug:

e: “Johnny” != “Jonny”

Shining Toaster fucked around with this message at 23:05 on Jan 27, 2024

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU