Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Goddamn the Amnesiac b-sides are amazing (apart from Fast Track).

The Amazing Sounds of Orgy
Trans-Atlantic Drawl
Kinetic
Worrywort
Fog
Cuttooth

Probably the best selection of offcuts from any single album I can think of.

They're all on the special edition of Amnesiac.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Spectre is the best Radiohead song since 2007.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Barry Foster posted:

All Radiohead is amazing but the Kid A/Amnesiac period is easily the best in pretty much every way (music/album structure/artwork/general ideas and atmosphere).

That's my opinion, ok bye

The more I listen to it the more I think Hail To The Thief is SO close to being a perfect album. It's just We Suck Young Blood and The Gloaming in the middle that drag it down. Everything else is atmospheric as gently caress and just brilliant.

Basically if Young Blood was shorter and The Gloaming was saved for a b-side, it would be the equal-best Radiohead album.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Paris tour poster has a wider view of the artwork.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Now there's an image. Imagine that Islands in the Sun video with the muppets, but replace Cuomo with Yorke.

The Muppets are in the Keep Fishin' video. Different album altogether.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Shut the fukkup.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Like tears... in rain.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Put a bird on it!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Spectre had a very tight timeframe it had to fit into. Maybe if it's on the album (or a later bonus disc) they'll expand it.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
In Rainbows has fantastic songs but it doesn't really have an overarching feeling/vibe like Kid A through to HTTT. I like those three albums better.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Polo-Rican posted:

For some reason I think it's going to be self-titled. I also think it's gonna be their last album as a band, and a self-titled final album would be a great way to end it.

Why their last? :\

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
4am here, just bought on iTunes and am listening now with many coffees. Tracklist loving ruuuules.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Decks Dark is super groovy

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Hot drat, Ful Stop is great.

edit: Glass Eyes, whoa! loving beautiful.

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 19:33 on May 8, 2016

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Batcat! Batcat! posted:

If you zoom in on the picture of the Special Edition the bonus disc has track names printed on it.

"Spectre" and "B Word" or "B Ward".

Nice! I wonder if Spectre's outro will be extended.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Identikit sounds like something Damon Albarn would do (especially with the choir), it's awesome.

edit: The guitar outro :aaaaa:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This is such an aurally rewarding album to listen to, like every single track has intricate things going on in the background. And the overall feeling is really cohesive and warm.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This is probably my favourite album of the year, and definitely my favourite Radiohead album since Amnesiac, and I've still got 3 tracks to go :h:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The strings in Tinker Tailor :swoon: my god...

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
True Love Waits couldn't be more different to the version on I Might Be Wrong. I love them both.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
What a loving fantastic album. It's everything that TKOL wasn't.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Whoever made this is the best :laugh:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Xanderkish posted:

Speaking of which, does anyone know of any other songs by other bands that get across that urgent/panicked/whatever feeling of Burn the Witch?

Depending on how big a joke you think Muse is, but try Map of the Problematique by them.

https://youtu.be/T1qzYsESDhc

Also Stockholm Syndrome.

https://youtu.be/gXN9acC9edU

They're good songs, OKAY

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Xanderkish posted:

Dude, some of my favorite songs are by Foster The People. This is a judgment-free zone. Thanks for the suggestions!

If you like those, a few more Muse songs that carry the same vibe are MK Ultra, City of Delusion and The Handler. You can find them!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Glass Eyes is so loving beautiful, guys

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Rollersnake posted:

I was thinking exactly this 2/3 of the way through my first listen. Even just opening with Ful Stop and keeping the rest of the track order the same feels like it flows better.

But then they wouldn't be alphabetical :engleft:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Wikipedia says this on Ed O'Brien:

Wikipedia posted:

Notable contributions to Radiohead include the high-pitched lead guitar in "No Surprises", the "spidery" guitar line in "A Wolf at the Door", the main rhythm guitar on "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi", the second guitar on "Talk Show Host", and the arpeggio riff that makes up the closing song on The Bends, "Street Spirit (Fade Out)".

His unorthodox guitar playing, focusing on effects to enhance the framework of the music, is notable in songs like "Lucky" (creating the effect that opens the song), "Karma Police" (effects during the end of the song), "Bullet Proof..I Wish I Was" (improvised guitar effects), "Staircase" (the wailing guitar sounds that form the background for the song), and "Treefingers" (his guitar chords were processed electronically to sound like ambient music).

Besides his guitar work in most of Radiohead's songs, O'Brien is also known for contributing vocals to songs such as "Karma Police", "Weird Fishes/Arpeggi" and "Reckoner". He also sings the backing vocals in the live versions of many of their songs, including "Idioteque" and "No Surprises".

Their source = ????

Also, for some reason my phone is autocorrecting Ed to Arf and now I'm imagining an adorable version of Radiohead made up of dogs :3:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Re: the Gorillaz chat on the last page, I'll add that the first time I heard Identikit I thought it sounded like something Damon Albarn would do. Especially the bass line and ESPECIALLY the choir. They'd be some Mali community choir if it was him though.

It feels very Think Tank/Gorillaz self-titled era Damon.

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 22:55 on May 11, 2016

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

This, on a never ending loop, like an ouroboros trapped inside a zoetrope

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
A recursive human centipede

In a cage

On antibiotics

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
gently caress that review.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
A Sun Shaped Pool to be 2016's number one beach album.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I do the same! I can't divorce the sound of songs from the colour of the album art in my head. Amnesiac will always be black and red, and so on.

I once somehow did this in reverse: when Muse first released the song Supermassive Black Hole in 2006, I couldn't help but think of it as black and pink. Then, like a month or two later, they released the single artwork which exclusively used black, white and pink.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I have self-updating "top songs" playlists for all my favourite artists.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Hedrigall posted:

I have self-updating "top songs" playlists for all my favourite artists.

Pyramid Song being the most perfect song Radiohead has ever recorded, and probably my favourite song of all time.

Edit: oops that was meant to be an edit of my post not quoting it

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
None of Mozart's, Liszt's, Debussy's or Saint-Saens's albums are anywhere near as good as Radiohead's catalogue, and those guys produced a LOT of albums!!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
http://popcorn.gunsha.com/little%20by%20little%20syncopated.mp3 I like this version.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Someone mash-up The Numbers with Unsustainable by Muse.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Tiers are for widows.

1. Amnesiac
2. Kid A
3. A Moon Shaped Pool
4. OK Computer
5. Hail to the Thief
6. In Rainbows
7. The Bends
8. The King of Limbs
9. Pablo Honey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
A crescent-moon shaped pool would be an oxbow lake, or billabong.