Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

distance is like a weapon of self-defense against the present tense

It's "this dance" by "distance"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

That makes no sense, so prove it.

edit; :colbert:

Sorry buddo, "This Dance" confirmed by the official lyric postcards sold at the recent concerts:

http://delicatebalance.tumblr.com/post/144747652042/the-full-set-of-postcards

(also my first post was meant to say "not", not "by")

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Some people have got the bonus disc already. Tracks are:

Ill Wind (4:16 in length)
Spectre (same I assume as the single version)

Picture of the disc: https://i.reddituploads.com/2b0f30fe8649479eb1f7302eff9f9279?fit=max&h=1536&w=1536&s=c69e4474c0bcb905e05e68f19313a9c9

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Song is online already. It's pretty chill and nice. Like a laid back Amnesiac b-side.

Edit: oh man the synth is so nice!!!

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
This should have been on AMSP instead of Desert Island Disk

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

AARO posted:

If the world was a terrible place, in which you had to describe songs by genres, which genres would you use to describe Daydreaming or The Present Tense?

Postrock? Experimental? Genres are stupid because the same title can describe so many things. However I have a bunch of songs I guess I'm supposed to put labels on so people can search for them for easily. This is supposedly how a large conglomerate of people search for music. So it would be helpful for me to know.

What genres are the songs on AMSP?

Wikipedia lists Daydreaming as Ambient. itunes says it's alternative. Google:

Yeah, totally sounds like a Dream Theater or Cheer Accident song to me. Google says the same for The Present Tense btw.

Daydreaming is really #experimental-piano-driven-postrock-with-ambiant-&-shoegaze-influences-and-a-fresh-sound

Decks Dark is the same with Krautrock instead of piano.

If in doubt, "Alt."

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
She, like pop, is dead.

im going to hell :saddowns:

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

Earlier it occurred to me how loving dope Up on the Ladder would work if sampled for a hip-hop song. There should be more Radiohead hip-hop mashups. Lots of pure loving gold to be mined that surprisingly hasn't been as much as it seems like it should've been by now.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ft8oPkgF0Wc

Well there's this masterpiece: https://youtu.be/P2fPmyH6Q6E

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
TKOL is alright, but really, only 8 songs?

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Rageaholic Monkey posted:

https://twitter.com/radiohead/status/1083679928636399617

Woah, hey, what the hell is this? New single from out of nowhere? Is this from a new album? :monocle:

I like this!!! It feels like the first Radiohead track I've really dug in years, so this is a nice surprise!

Neither sadly. Was a bonus track on A Moon Shaped Pool’s limited edition disc 2, along with Spectre.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
1. Amnesiac
2. AMSP
3. Kid A
4. OKC
5. IR
6. HTTT
7. Bends
8. TKOL
9. PH

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
The first 6 tracks are perfect, and the album only gets bogged down in the middle with We Suck Young Blood and The Gloaming. It’s still a fantastic album overall.

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Gimme dat new radio head album

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Actually that's not the full rhythm, this is, piano notes capitalised+bolded:

ONE (and) two (AND) three (and) FOUR (and)
five (and) SIX (and) seven (AND) eight (and)
NINE (and) ten (AND) eleven (and) TWELVE (and)
thirteen (and) FOURTEEN (and) fifteen (AND) sixteen (and)

(I found this on reddit)

e: I'm dumb that's exactly what the music notation above says

Hedrigall fucked around with this message at 03:53 on May 24, 2021

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

What does it mean :o

I vaguely remember reading about the recording sessions for both those albums, something about them recording way more than they ever released or used. Like Idioteque's main sample of a few seconds was taken from several hours of electronic stuff they were loving around with.

I wonder what they could throw together out of all that unused stuff

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin

Post 9-11 Windows posted:

I'm listening to AMSP again for the first time in years and... Yeah, the quality of the album drops hard after the 2nd song, but it feels like I need to write something longer than this post to explain why. I guess overall there's just this anemic, passionless quality to it. It's like instead of the typical Radiohead fashion of wailing against the horrors of the world, this album started taking SSRIs and gave up.

The Radio Heads finally started taking their anxiety meds and are just making some chill tunes together as middle aged dads , I’m happy for them

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
I remember someone on SA being so adamant that if you line them up in the order and set iTunes crossfade to 10 seconds it worked perfectly, and I knew to immediately discount their opinion because crossfade is the rear end-est audio effect ever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hedrigall
Mar 27, 2008

by vyelkin
Pablo Honey was their best album and it's just been a slow downhill slump since then

is an awful opinion I just saw about gorillaz' first album in another thread