Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
TKOL sounded like a solo Yorke album and I didn't really like it that much outside maybe a few songs. I hope this next album is better. Spectre was kind of a boring song too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BigFactory posted:

I would rather listen to king of limbs than YAWN ok computer

I literally yawn at the thought of the king of limbs

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Creep is their only good song.

I like creep better than everything on TKOL except maybe Give up the ghost

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I just want a good album not another King of limbs

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

68k posted:

Here are the official tiers fyi:

T1: OKC, Kid A
T2: IR, Amnesiac, The Bends
T3: HttT, TKoL
T4: PH

Please reference this list in any future tier discussions

I might put IR in t1 but yes, i agree.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I like the song but it was pretty low key.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Astrochicken posted:

The song is starting to remind me of Airbag. Notice the funky drumbeat that does the mix-up/start stop thing in the middle, the bass cameo after "abandon all reason".

In sort of a surprising move, Radiohead have been confirmed for ACL. http://music.blog.austin360.com/2016/05/05/radiohead-mumford-sons-lcd-soundsystem-kendrick-lamar-to-headline-acl-fest/

This is so awesome. I bought tickets and I'm excited as gently caress to see them live for the first time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
actually its just creep

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Please stop using spoilers for a loving music album.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It's out on Apple Music now

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It's lit

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Ful Stop

:vince:

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
This is so much better than the king of limbs it's not even funny

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Yeah I think the negative opinions about this new album are actually loving crazy.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TheAbortionator posted:

Its going to be a grower for alot of people.

The complete lack of hooks makes the first listen pretty but also pretty unmemorable. \

Other then burn the witch. But that was first heard a week ago.

This is exactly how I felt about the king of limbs and in 5 years it honestly never clicked with me.

But with this new one I instantly started liking it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BigFactory posted:

Ok, so after listen #2, I defiantly still like it and think it's a good album, but I wish there was just one awesome summer jam on it. I really don't see this one getting much play at the beach or in the gym. Not even sure if I'm going to buy it on cd in June, cause I listen to CDs in the car usually and this is not the kind of album I think I'm going to listen to while I cruise around with the top down.

Let's be real Radiohead is not a summer jam or gym type of band.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

BigFactory posted:

IDK this is being hyped up as one of the big releases of the summer? After Drake's bummer of an album a few weeks ago I just need to hear something upbeat. Gorillaz please salvage this poo poo year of music.

You're listening to the wrong type of music and bands/artists for upbeat summer music dude.

E: oh it was a troll lol

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Man buying those ACL fest tickets last week was such a good idea.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

ICHIBAHN posted:

Am I losing my mind or did Burn The Witch open with bird noises? On the album it just jumps right in. Am I freaking out or was there an album version / single version?

You're thinking about the music video. It starts with a bird chirping. The single doesn't have that.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I think you people are crazy if you think Radiohead covers are bad. I love the cover art for this album and it's singles though so I don't know.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I listened to AMSP in my car over Bluetooth mostly and it sounds good to my ears. It's probably veces I've never experienced amazing sound system so I can't hear the crazy intricacies of each song that Radiohead fans love or whatever.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
They played pyramid song and creep at the latest show.

I'm hyped

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It would be awesome to see it live

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Earwicker posted:

I thought TKOL was ok when it came out but it was seeing them do those songs live that made me love it.

Yeah its definitely a lot better live

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
It was also following up in rainbows which to me is like a top 3 Radiohead album, so I was pretty disappointed when it didn't live up to it.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I always start at the beginning.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I know one of you goons bought the collectors edition so upload the tracks for me tia

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Uh future loving owns

Also lmao if you get mad at something like that. Showing your age

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I wanted to shoot myself when U2 gave away their last album and tons of kids were like 'WTF is U2 and why is this poo poo on my iPhone?'

Why would young people give a poo poo about U2?

Times change. u2 is for olds

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

TOOT BOOT posted:

I was mostly depressed they didn't even know who U2 was.

my condolences on your oldness

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Saw Radiohead and they loving played pyramid song tonight. Pretty sure I can die happy now.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
I saw Radiohead last year at ACL and I had a loving great time. Granted I got to the festival a bit late so I only saw 2 bands (Flying Lotus right before Radiohead on the same stage) and its also a smaller festival. I still had a great time.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Thom and the Heads posted:

Just got back from the Atlanta show. Incredible. I saw my favorite band play my favorite song (Pyramid Song).

Hell yeah dude. When I saw them last year and they busted out pyramid song I was almost in tears. So loving good

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
WHAAAAAATtttt

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Pirate Jet posted:

Anima is phenomenal. I’d go so far as to call it better than some Radiohead albums. Just absolutely stellar.

It’s definitely better than tkol that’s for sure

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jewmanji posted:

What does it mean to be “self-indulgent”? He’s just making the type of music he likes? What would it mean for it to not be self-indulgent? Also “a release strictly for the fans” - firstly this is directly contradicting your prior statement about it being self-indulgent, and who is it supposed to be for it not “the fans”?

I for one cannot tell that he put any more effort into Anima than he did his other albums.

I think they mean its not accessible. And also Thom just doing his own thing, getting weird and what not.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jewmanji posted:

I guess? It doesn’t seem any weirder than what’s found on Kid A or Amnesiac.

Yeah but those albums are old now and Radiohead's output since Amnesiac has been much more accessible.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Jewmanji posted:

What does their age have to do with it? My point was that Thom’s solo stuff is quite similar to Kid A/Amnesiac, and therefore I’m not convinced that The Eraser is any less accessible than Kid A/Amnesiac. The Eraser came out before In Rainbows did. The only other Radiohead released in that span was HTTT. I’m not trying to be pedantic here, I just find it so curious how his albums have this reputation for being “out there” when they’re cut from the same cloth as those landmark albums that everyone knows/loves. Like, you can put Pull/Pulk on a Thom album, or you can put Black Swan on a Radiohead album. They are totally interchangeable aesthetics.

Put yourself in the mind of a non fan or not hardcore fan or people who aren't into these weirder albums from both Radiohead and Thom. A lot of my "normie" friends fav radiohead album is In Rainbows for example. But they would never mess with something like Kid A/Amnesiac or any of the solo albums. If that makes sense.

They are still out there and weird despite how big the albums are.