Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

Princeps32 posted:

but I did it, I got the world's shittiest madison square garden seats.

i'm section 212, which is i think the further over you can be while technically not being behind the stage

i've never seen radiohead so i guess this is fine but gently caress arena shows forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

I'm gonna see Radiohead today at MSG for the first time, so I figured tonight I should listen to the two albums of theirs I'd never listened to in full before, Hail to the Thief and A Moon Shaped Pool.

I didn't like AMSP very much, but I totally see why a lot of people do, and I'm happy with that. For me, that was a difficult record to parse, and I think maybe I'll like it a lot more after a few spins (TKOL grew on me after a bit too, especially Bloom and Lotus Flower). I quite liked Hail to the Thief, though. I'm kind of surprised I haven't heard Backdrifts mentioned more often when people discuss songs, that's a hell of a track, definitely the biggest stand-out on first listen.

As much as I hate the idea of a rock arena show, I'm looking forward to finally seeing them live (though I've been a fan for a lot less time than most of y'all, having heard In Rainbows first). I looked up yesterday's setlist and they played basically all of the tracks I'd want to hear, so I hope there's a decent amount of crossover night-to-night, though I suppose if they drop some of my favorites in favor of rarities I shouldn't complain :)

thought I remembered managing to somehow pull a lower bowl ticket, but it looks like I'm upper bowl to the right of the stage, section 212. Still, I'm just happy I managed to get a ticket for face value, those StubHub prices :captainpop:

abraham linksys fucked around with this message at 10:37 on Jul 27, 2016

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

that was a great show! like my ideal Radiohead setlist is still probably "all of In Rainbows and then some hits" (I wasn't going to concerts in 2008, okay :negative:) but they played everything I felt liked I needed to hear, including the best Radiohead song, Reckoner. Looking at yesterday's setlist, I feel like the only things I really missed out on were 15 Step, National Anthem, Paranoid Android, Nude, and Bodysnatchers... which I reckon I'll get to see a decent chunk of if I see Radiohead again :)

full setlist for anyone curious:

quote:

Burn the Witch
Daydreaming
Decks Dark
Desert Island Disk
Ful Stop
My Iron Lung
Climbing Up the Walls
Morning Mr. Magpie
Pyramid Song
Bloom