Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sleepyjacked
Sep 21, 2010

TKOL was underwhelming.

I was so pumped for it in the months before it came out. Hearing the early acoustic versions of Seperator (then called Mouse Dog Bird), Lotus flower, and Give up the Ghost, and then hearing the over-produced versions on the album was a big disappointment. Seperator was still pretty good, but the other two definitely lost something on the way to the final album version.
Also Tomorrow's Modern Boxes didn't have the depth that emerged from repeated listens that The Eraser had. I also forgot it existed within like a week of it coming out.

That being said, I have faith and and am letting myself get very excited for this new album.
Ful Stop sounds rad and I hope it's final form is as magnificent as my imagination says it will be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU