Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

forget about ur worries and ur strife
At first I was somewhere between properly whelmed and underwhelmed by TKOL. I thought TKOL12345678 was an interesting experiment that mostly failed, but seeing them on the 2012 tour absolutely unlocked that record's potential for me and opened me up to the intricacies of the performances and the expertise of the layering.

Of course, the songs I recall today from that show are Staircase and Supercollider, which aren't even on the album, so...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

Radiohead71 posted:

I hated, hated TKOL and I have been a fan since 1997. I have been warming up to it recently, though. I respect them for trying new things. Didn't get the pre-sale for LA either. What a goat ****.

Just for the hell of it I looked for tickets on stubhub. It was way worse than I thought.

Tue
Jul 26
Radiohead
7:30 pm Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
from
$771
30 tickets left

Wed
Jul 27
Radiohead
7:30 pm Madison Square Garden, New York, NY
from
$788
37 tickets left

Thu
Aug 4
Radiohead
8:30 pm Shrine Auditorium (Los Angeles), Los Angeles, CA
from
$1600
9 tickets left

Mon
Aug 8
Radiohead
8:30 pm Shrine Auditorium (Los Angeles), Los Angeles, CA
from
$1999
3 tickets left

Will people really pay 4 digits to see RH? I hate ticket scalpers. I hope they all have long, painful deaths.

The worst part is they won't, and the scalpers will make enough money on the others that they'll just let them go unused. I was pumped when I saw the tour dates, but I managed to get a lawn seat for face during the 2012 tour, and even being in the rear of the Comcast Center didn't make There, There sound any less massive. I'll wait for whatever comes next, assuming ticket prices die down a little for a wider tour.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

I loving love the sudden buildup at the end without catharsis, where it seems like it's going to explode but simply ends without resolution. Really fits the fever pitch paranoia suggested by the lyrics and tone.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

Earwicker posted:

I thought TKOL was ok when it came out but it was seeing them do those songs live that made me love it.

The moment Bloom kicked in with dual live drummers and you could physically see the sheer craftsmanship that went into the song (and the rest of the album), my opinion on TKOL did a 180. I've got Lotus Flower and Separator in my Radiohead top 10 songs list.

Also, I vaguely remember Identikit blowing my goddamn mind when they played it in 2012. I'm not sure, I was drunk for the first eight to ten songs. I just remember screaming incoherently when Airbag kicked up.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

Princeps32 posted:

Also the new, condensed, dirty 80's synth version of Everything In It's Right Place is probably the best I've heard

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0sgToDcO-w

No After The Gold Rush intro, no deal

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dSirbhN6z3s

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

My album of the year has been switching between Avalanches and AMSP for the last four months. I deemed it a battle between optimism and realism.

AMSP definitely wins.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

For people disappointed that the tour is so short, there's a good chance they'll add more dates in a few weeks. They did the same thing on their last tour, announced the first group of dates and then tossed more on the schedule three weeks later.

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

I got barstool seats in the back of Madison Square Garden, which are bad seats, but still I’m seeing loving Radiohead at Madison Square Garden and I actually got Radiohead tickets in a public onsale, this is a legendary day for me (I mashed “row change” upwards of 30 times and finally one of them triggered)

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

I was at the movie theater a few days ago and somehow their in-lobby music was an orchestral instrumental cover of You.

I swear to god I am not making this up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRINDY
Sep 23, 2010

Friday night at MSG was the best concert I’ve ever seen. I don’t really know what else to say. 25 songs, two hours, incredible from front to back. Solid mix of the classics and some really beloved older tracks. Like Spinning Plates was unreal. So was Separator.

I had to chain-smoke a joint at one point so I would get too high and stop crying. Daydreaming turned me into a nasty sobbing mess.