Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Give Up The Ghost was very cool live. Lotus Flower is really bad live, which is a bummer.

Separator and Feral are the best songs on the album tho. I hope Identikit and Full Stop are on the new record because they were cool and good live.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Feral is an exercise in build and release if there ever was one.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Agreed. I think they confirmed in some interview that they recorded identikit at Jack White's studio so hopefully it makes the album, it was a real highlight of the shows I went to for tkol.

E: on a somewhat similar note, I'm really hoping Full Stop is on there too. Seemed very energetic from the bootlegs I've watched.

Bismack Billabongo fucked around with this message at 20:41 on Mar 14, 2016

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Let's rank some albums guys!!

In Rainbows is my favorite.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
I think hail to the thief is bad.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

BigFactory posted:

All of it? Like good songs but bad record, or you just think it's all bad. I could kinda get behind good songs that don't work when you put them all together.
The former mostly. I think if you slashed everything but like 6 songs you'd have a fantastic EP but yeah it's bloated and honestly the strongest songs are surrounded by stuff that feels tedious and barely fleshed out

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
2+2
Sit Down Stand Up
There There
Punch-up
Myxomatosis
Wolf at the door

There, ten times better

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

The Singing Chav posted:

I liked it much more after seeing them play it live. Myxamatosis wasn't really my thing prior to seeing it performed.

Yeah myxomatosis is awesome live, lot more energy live
Feels too....synthetic on album. I guess that's a dumb way of putting it but who gives a poo poo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
https://www.reddit.com/r/offmychest/comments/4dlz4u/im_delaying_my_suicide_for_radioheads_upcoming/

Lmao.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Sounds like his life is In Limbo during this wait. I don't think he's feeling Optimistic. Little By Little he loses hope for lp9. Faust ARP.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

ZoDiAC_ posted:

But I just want to talk.. I don't wanna listen

Where is Mr Postman anyway I want my burn the witch stalker postcard

Edit:

http://www.oxfordtimes.co.uk/news/14462209.Colin_Greenwood_pulls_the_first_pint_at_Oxford_pub_s_new_courtyard/

PERONI SUCKS

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Full Stop and Identikit please. Thank you, Radiohead.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
It's incredible and I'm sniffig back tears IRL. Also Thom looks like your uncle who escaped the sanitarium.

Seriously beautiful. Burn The Witch is awesome but this is on a completely different level

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
True love waits is amazing. gently caress

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
HTTT sucks. Just go straight to In Rainbows.

(it doesn't really suck. it's just way too long)

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Man have you ever listened to a single word of a gorillaz song. find me the happy one.

I realize they have a frequently summery sound but their lyrics are frequently just as sadboy as radiohead's.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Popcorn posted:

Strangely the opening piano notes of Decks Dark also remind me of Gorillaz.

Yep. The very start of, I think it's Present Tense, reminds me a little of Revolving Doors from The Fall.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Found a couple more interesting quotes from Thom about the making of some of their older stuff.

quote:

"I guess I am narcisstic, but only in the sense that I am brilliant and tortured as well"

"Nobody wins the superbowl, I win the superbowl. I am the superbowl."

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Sand Monster posted:

Best albums for the beach, best albums for the beach!!

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

I'll be honest I like lists better than live track reactions. :confuoot:

Yeah. Unless it's people talking crap about the Gloaming. That's my poo poo right there

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
My favorite member of the band is Ed.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The best one is In Rainbows, idiots.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
So basically what I'm hearing is that Radiohead is garden party music, which as we all know is one step away from beach music.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Sorry you had to sit through the gloaming, bud. Speaking from experience reckoner and weird fishes are so good live. I would probably give my left nut to see present tense in person

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Sounds like something a real CREEP would do

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Sounds to me like she needed a lift. Shoulda put her big boots on and stayed optimistic, not pulled the ripcord and stayed in limbo. Instead she has disappeared completely.

That's all I got

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Give up the ghost and feral are the best two songs on the album. Hope this helps

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Glad I managed to see them on the KOL tour, now that they're all getting old and less interested in lengthy tours I'm not real interested in driving for eight hours to Chicago to see them especially with the ticketing issues

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Radiohead.....is good.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Present Tense is probably the best song they've done since like 2006 or whenever In Rainbows was released.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
His solo albums aside from the first one have been booty hopefully this ones a little more fully formed. Amok especially was disappointing, I bet the original sessions before thom and Nigel chopped it up into digital mulch were awesome.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
There There used to be my favorite Radiohead song but now it’s Weird Fishes. I also like Reckoner and Talk Show Host a lot.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

Filipino posted:

I know everyone hates ranking albums but how about choosing your favorite 10 Radiohead songs in no particular order? Would this be acceptable or just bad and dumb? I'd be really interested to see some posters lists.

This person got banned but The ten best songs are present tense, there there, morning bell, life in a glasshouse, weird fishes, pyramid song, the tourist, talk show host, reckoner, and............SPECTRE

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Separator is a really good song too

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Honestly the songs from The Eraser and Amnesiac really fit this stupid bullshit year In My Opinion. Harrowdown hill and life in the good old glasshouse

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
The anima movie was cool but the music was definitely the least interesting part for me personally. The eraser is good but atoms for peace and tomorrow’s modern boxes were incredibly disappointing.

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Ed o’Brian has posted a lot of stuff on Instagram about how they aren’t doing an anniversary thing for this one but he’s as close to being an honorary member of the band as Clive deamer so who knows. Ha ha ha

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Amnesiac rules, so does kid a. Morning bell and life in a glasshouse. Spinning plates!! Fuckin love that poo poo

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet
Steven Hyden is a good writer who has absolutely baffling opinions and I have to imagine the book is good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bismack Billabongo
Oct 9, 2012

Wet

hughesta posted:

Weird Fishes will probably always be my favorite Radiohead song. Finally saw them live in 2018 but they didn't play it, so that stays on my bucket list.
That stinks, it should be locked in to their set list permanently with how good it is live