Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Creep is ok. Not worth acknowledging Pablo Honey for.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

T1

Hail to the Thief
In Rainbows
OK Computer

T2

A Moon Shaped Pool
The King of Limbs
Kid A

T3

Amnesiac
The Bends

T4

Pablo Honey

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Got tickets for Manchester after failing for both Roundhouse and Glasto.

I mean they're not great seats (standing didn't even seem to be an option?) and they cost a fuckton and it means I have to go to loving Manchester of all places and miss two days of work, but everything's good in the world.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Cool. Not gonna say I'm crazy hyped or anything but cool.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I guess this means that their shows over the next few months will have quite a bit of OKC in it, which is awesome.

I'm not too keen on the concept of getting people to buy the album again to get the three new tracks but then again iTunes, Spotify and Apple Music exist so eh.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The song's nice enough. The video's great though. I'm surprised to see them bothering to produce a video considering they barely ever do anymore.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That video's great. Radiohead should do more videos. drat it Radiohead.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Album's out.

Yeah Lift is pretty great. Hope it gets a video too.

They're gonna have to play all three of these at Glasto and their next few shows, right? gently caress I wish I was going to Glasto.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I'd quite like Radiohead to release new songs too.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Is that tape getting any official digital release or is it exclusively for the box buying elite?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Popcorn posted:

The boxset comes with a download code.

Forced piracy, cool.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

After a few listens to the whole second disc Man of War is a really, really standout track. It could have easily been part of OKC. Hell, it might not have fit on many of their albums but it's drat worthy of them.

I Promise and Lift would both have made fine B sides. Lift would've been at home on The Bends.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

BigFactory posted:

The Air that I breathe came on the radio yesterday and Radiohead got sued because creep plagiarized it, but it reminded me of a more recent Radiohead song too. I can't place it though, any help?

Wasn't aware of that. On first listen there's some similarity but... Enough to win a lawsuit? I can't hear any other songs in there though.

Popcorn posted:

Agreed that it's the strongest of the three new tracks, but on OKC? Seriously? It has none of the themes or textures of that album.

Eh maybe putting it on OKC is too far but it doesn't fit in The Bends either. It's album quality, is what I meant.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

This album reintroduced me to Polyethylene and I love it now.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Manchester show was great. They bought out The Bends and everyone lost their poo poo. And they played I Promise to a deafening silence (basically the only song that you could hear Thom over the crowd singing).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

http://www.radiohead.tv/

So looks like they're uploading official recordings of gigs. A live album would be a lovely compliment to that (please).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

They need to release that drat tape.

I'll happily pay for it. But not £100.

spliffaz posted:

a lot of folk here really like rhythm focused music over more melodic.

I like two things. :downs:

stev fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Jul 12, 2017

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Sintax posted:

Effective advertising for music ended with those blips. I distinctly remember watching MTV and seeing the one with the bear-faced reaper on the boat with the "I will see you in the next life" line (12:45 in the video), and eventually searching down the whole album 15+ years ago. It's the album that got me into music and the disjointed mystique that began with those blips has unraveled for me ever since. I don't even know that I'd call it my favorite Radiohead album because it's pretty harrowing, but it's ingrained in me.

Christ I can't think of a single album with interesting or effective mainstream advertising. Why is that?

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

gently caress, if anyone else has one going...

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Pretty fuckin' cool.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The video made me like the song more. It fits really well.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

That's pretty lovely of her if true (though she probably just got her wires crossed and tweeted something stupid).

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jesus they're touring again already?

London wen.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I liked both Yorke albums. They're little wriggly earworm fests.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah both of Thom's solo albums I really like, but I wouldn't put them anywhere near any post-The Bends Radiohead album (not least because other than TKOL they're basically not comparable in any way). I think AMOK is much stronger though.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

TVC posted:

I think Daydreaming is the best song they've ever done. Fight me.

It's definitely up there.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Pretty sure it's the end. AMSP just doesn't feel like an album with wind in its sails, compared to pretty much every other RH release over the last 2 decades.

It's better that they stop before things get bad and dull.

Eh they've been taking around five years per album. I don't think it's unimaginable that they'll come out with something new and great.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah the show in Manchester last year had some intense security. To the point that 20 minutes before they came on there was still a huge queue.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Backscatters and Facial Recognition will be a big deal soon at events if they aren't already, and online ticket vendors are basically spy rackets anyways, so...

But, you know, all's normal if you pay a fee and submit to psychological evaluation for the state to become a Prescreen Member in order to skip lines.

I think the bigger issue for me is that entities like ICE and TSA, when funding winds down for their original purpose (say, in the absence for credible reasons to perpetuate a war on terror, etc), shift quickly towards exploiting new domestic private surveillance markets and domestic thuggery. It's gross and is simply an extension of the preposterous budgets of a corporate military complex.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Visible_Intermodal_Prevention_and_Response_team#Criticism

I mean, yeah. But it's a concert.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Real good. Do we know if the rest of the album has Thom's vocals or if it's just this track? I'd assume a score wouldn't have all that much in the way of singing.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I loved AMOK and really wished we got more of that.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EdmL835q9To

This version of Bloom is pretty nice.

That song was hella underrated when TKOL released. I know people prefer the live version but the studio version probably breaks my top 10 of their tracks.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Last Flowers or Separator.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

It sounds like the leak was possible because the band dug material out for OKNOTOK. So I really hope this doesn't put them off trying it again. I need my KIDANOTAKID.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

I really like this version of Lift but I wouldn't say I prefer it from the one they released. I prefer it slightly more downtempo.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Yeah this feels a lot more substantial than TMB.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Blast Fantasto posted:

Dawn Chorus does feel like it could have been on A Moon Shaped Pool. I feel like it's an even more defeated version of Daydreaming.

Yeah definitely. I'm surprised they didn't save it for the next RH album or release it as a single. It works really well as a solo track but it'll inevitably get far less attention this way.

I hope the band adopts it in future live shows.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Hopefully in a few weeks a new album gets slapped onto the library without any fanfare.

In fact if that doesn't happen I'll be shaking with rage.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

"When Radiohead made albums" Past tense :tinfoil: