Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

So excited for their Roundhouse gig now. I saw them during the Limbs tour and it was one of the best gigs I've seen.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Steve2911 posted:

Hey gently caress you.

(Have a lovely time). (You oval office).

I'm not really sure how I got the tickets. Was 2000~ in the queue, went to buy them, got booted to the back of a 16000. Gave up, accidentally pressed back a few minutes later and ended up on the confirmation screen.

I've had Daydreaming on loop since I woke up.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

ZoDiAC_ posted:

I rule nothing out with this band

Hey cool two drummers on tour again

That means this can happen again!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3FjL4BgFG6Y

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Xanderkish posted:

But the singles were released on Spotify :(

Well poo poo. Better get 13 dollars ready.

Yeah I'm confused. I might give it an hour and see if Spotify is just being slow.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

OK I have no more patience to wait for Spotify. Do I buy on WASTE or iTunes?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Black Baby Goku posted:

what do you think

I think the last album I bought from iTunes was before the quality upgrade :shrug:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Just walked around the park listening to this, thank you Radiohead. Now to listen with my good headphones.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

In Rainbows is probably my second favourite album after Kid A.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Just got back from the London gig. I feel bad for the band because no matter how good their new stuff is or how well it is played, the crowd insists on standing completely still whist Thom busts his moves on stage.

A highlight was someone streaming 3 songs straight on Facebook to a grand total of 3 people which pissed someone off so much that they started swearing at them. People need to chill out and dance away their problems to Lotus Flower.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Sand Monster posted:

Agreed on "Bloom" and I definitely had a new appreciation for "Morning Mr. Magpie", which I completely dismissed on the album, after seeing it live.

Magpie was the only dud for me on their last tour. They've definitely improved it since then.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Didn't get tickets this year. Karma for seeing them at the Roundhouse I guess.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

£82 for standing Manchester gigs. :wtf: at that price hike since Roundhouse.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Standing at Roundhouse was annoying. My friend was travelling into London after work so we couldn't get there earlier and I didn't want to be a dick and push to the front of the crowd (the venue was tiny and I guessed everyone there was a fan) but everyone around us stood motionless for every song...except the girl waving her phone around Facebook live streaming to a grand total of 2 people. I wanted to be in the crowd dancing around to Ful Stop :colbert:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Radiohead71 posted:

Do they really check for CC verification when you go to the show? So if you buy tickets from someone you actually have to bring them with you when you get in so they can show their credit card?

This is UK venues so YMMV but for one gig I almost wasn't allowed entry because my card was stolen and has to get a replacement so the dates were different. The second gig the security matched my card surname against my driving license.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Blast Fantasto posted:

I saw Caribou open for them on the TKOL tour and he was great. Made me a fan of his for sure.

Caribou is really good and I need to get to another show. It helped they were actually able to have a proper lighting setup as well.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

If it was In Rainbows or Kid A I'd probably get the stupidly expensive edition.

Indie editions? http://www.resident-music.com/productdetails&product_id=48566

Dugong fucked around with this message at 18:04 on May 2, 2017

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I wonder why this got cut originally from the album?

It sort of reminds me of Creep so my theory is they wanted to avoid again

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I just want the old version of Videotape

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

So jealous you got Videotape.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

It's amazing live, as are Bloom, and Burn the Witch

Yeah I’ve seen the other two. Most improved live has to be There There though. Those drums are nuts.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I’m gunna get this. Is there a time stamp guide for the highlights?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Thank you both! That’s my evening sorted.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Wow Dawn Chorus sure is bleak

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Yesss, Thom Yorke is doing an acoustic set at the festival I’m going to in the summer. Already got Massive Attack and Young Fathers on the same day too :cheers:

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Yeah calling it a festival is a bit disingenuous because it’s just a series of day long gigs with no weekend ticket option (I think) and no camping but the lineups are normally very good.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Each tour has had different lighting setups I believe but a lot of the visuals are reused which makes considering how much they change the set list between each show (they played Like Spinning Plates the first time I saw them :allears:).

The King of Limbs and Moon Shaped Pool setups that I saw were both excellent but I was glad I was close to the stage for both. They didn’t have the usual giant screens of the band playing but instead had the weird distorted close ups.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

The only song that I think is a waste of a slot on a set list is Mr Magpie. Conversely, they can change the set list as much as they want as long as Idioteque and Everything in its Right Place are always there.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Jewmanji posted:

What are the songs with the greatest delta in quality between live performance and studio version (in either direction)? The only thing I can think of as a somewhat consensus pick would be The Gloaming (long considered to be superior live).

I also remember being really let down with how 15 Step turned out after seeing it on that preview tour in summer 2006- they totally EQ’d / compressed the bass out of the beat for the record. I’ve learned to love it since but that was a let down.

There There with the additional drum kits is something else live. Idioteque’s outro is manic. Almost all the songs from King of Limbs are far, far better live than the studio album.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

I love Moon Shaped Pool and Daydreaming is the stand out track for me on the album. I can’t shake the bleak visuals of the music video when I listen to it though, with Thom ending up alone in a cave.

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Daydreaming is one of the best songs they’ve put out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Barry Foster posted:

Daydreaming is enough on its own to make AMSP a great album

And there are other excellent tracks on there too

But Daydreaming, goddamn

Completely agree. Daydreaming is one of my favourite Radiohead songs. It’s up there with Idioteque and Everything In Its Right Place. I adore the ending of Tinker Tailor and True Love Waits as well.