Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Earwicker posted:

He didn't really "get hosed over", his score for There Will Be Blood incorporated material that was not originally composed for the film and had been previously released, so it wasn't a fully original score and was thus disqualified. I enjoyed that soundtrack a lot and in general hate the Oscars and other awards ceremonies, but that particular incident seems fair.

And yet noted child-fucker Glen Hansard was able to get an Oscar in that very same year for Best Original Song for "Falling Slowly," which had been previously released on two separate albums before it appeared in Once.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Jewmanji posted:

Thought it was curious that Burn the Witch is going to be on a 7" with Spectre. They don't typically release any songs on multiple formats right? Is it possible Burn the Witch isn't even on the LP?

No, they release singles all the time.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Thom and the Heads posted:

Please just come within a ~5 hour drive of NC once, boys. Please?

They've played in Charlotte fairly recently, and played there and at the Cat's Cradle back in the 90s.

Atlanta and the DC area are usual stops for them, those are in the 5 hour range depending on where you live.

chime_on
Jul 27, 2001

Reinanigans posted:

I'm way up in the nosebleeds. I'm glad I missed 90% of that opening act. Yeesh.

Why yeesh?