Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Bismack Billabongo posted:

I must shamefully admit I also smoked a joint at a Radiohead concert. It belonged to a stranger though.

Smoking butts at concerts was cool, too. Something to do during set break. Putting them out on the floor. It was badass. Smoking ftw

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Pirate Jet posted:

Pablo Honey is a better album than Hail to the Thief tbh

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Volte posted:

They got tired as being known as "that band that won't play Creep anymore" so they started playing it again last tour. Thom also released a bizarre remix of it last year in 2021.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wYRAGR91CHQ

I saw them play creep on HTTT tour. They didn’t play it never, just not often.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
There There is a great song, the rest of the album is ok. Some great B sides though

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Framboise posted:

There are two kinds of people in the world: people who think HTTT is real good and people who are wrong.

Never understood why folks dislike it so much.

It’s fine.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
HTTT had a lovely limited edition cd set

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Volte posted:

So did all of the pre-IR albums. They were just EMI cash grabs featuring already existing material and the band promptly memory holed them when they got the rights to the recordings back (though technically they still exist on Spotify, sans the songs that aren't on there otherwise)

No way. Amnesiac limited edition is incredible. HTTT is just a map and it fits on the shelf weird

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Jewmanji posted:

I think the trouble is that TKOL is so short that even a single track being mediocre can really impact the general feel of the album. There's three tracks on the album that I don't really care for, and so it doesn't really leave you with much. If you were to add in the b-sides and extra stuff like Staircase and Supercollider, suddenly those three bad tracks wouldn't have as much impact. This is essentially what happens with HTTT. I think everyone probably has 2-3 tracks on HTTT they don't care for, but because it's so long, there's still plenty to love and so its reputation remains fairly solid.

King of limbs is way better than HTTT though. And there’s like 6 boring songs on HTTt

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

HD DAD posted:

All of the songs on TKOL are bangers.

Exactly. I don’t even know what songs people are supposed to not like on it.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Jewmanji posted:

6!? Name them.

For TKOL I’ve never really enjoyed Mr. magpie, little by little, or give up the ghost. I sense that I’m way in the minority on those first two. The only other RH song where I think I deviate further from consensus is Let Down, which I’ve never liked much.

There There is an all-timer. A+ song. The rest of the album is mediocre to bad. The ballads are sleepy instead of dreamy, the rock songs don’t break any new ground, the gloaming is maybe the most boring song in their catalog. The whole thing is too long and it feels longer. They sound burned out. I could absolutely listen to an argument that HTTT is their worst album. I would make the argument it’s their 2nd worst. Vs king of limbs which is exciting and energized and tight.

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002

Automata 10 Pack posted:

It’s good but it feels like there’s no concept behind it. Like they were just riffing out a bunch of songs and since they had enough that fit together for over 40 minutes it was time to release an album.

Isn’t that what most rock records are? Even most Radiohead records? Even the last Smile record?

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
Seeing Bending Hectic live was super intense. The crowd had been pretty dancy up to that point and when BH started everyone stopped to listen what was going on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigFactory
Sep 17, 2002
It’s not?