Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IsqqjOxEuAg

Oh hell yeah, I literally listened to A Light for Attracting Attention and Bending Hectic yesterday not knowing this would get announced. Looking forward to hearing what else these guys cooked up on this album. And it's coming in January, so not too long a wait.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhivN4GJQCQ

Only 5 and a half hours to go until the new album drops!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

On first listen, I definitely like A Light For Attracting Attention more than this. The tracks on here I thought were the best were Read The Room, Under Our Pillows and Bending Hectic with Bending Hectic being the real standout of the whole thing. ALFAA feels like it had a stronger bunch of tracks that I'd rather return to, though.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

stev posted:

To be entirely honest it bored me on the first listen for this reason. There's nothing like YWNWITA or Thin Thing to mix things up.
:yeah: :smith:

I've only listened once, but it felt kinda sleepy. I'll give it another shot, but my first impression was that I wasn't wowed by it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

I'm on my 2nd listen now & it's not doing a whole lot for me. I love Thom Yorke's voice & think of it as an instrument, but his voice alone doesn't make a song great. The other instruments need to be interesting too & I'm not finding that to be the case here. Even something like TKOL, which is not my favorite Radiohead album at all, has Thom's vocals over more interesting instrumentals, so I'd rather listen to that than this again.

Oh well. I'll always have ALFAA.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Barry Foster posted:

That album is such an all timer, goddamn
It really is! I'm so glad I got to see them live when they were touring for that one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

triple sulk posted:

It's hard to explain why, but AMSP just doesn't really do it for me any more. Again, it's all good music, but I'd rather spin Amnesiac or HTTT if I'm going to play an album of theirs. I'm also the person for whom Amok would probably rank in the top 5-6ish of all RH/Thom side projects though, so take my opinion strictly for what it is. That album kicked amazing amounts of rear end live, and the tickets I bought resale to one of the AfP shows were $13 each for relatively good seats.
:agreed:

I used to not like AMSP at all. Now I like it more, but it's not in my top favorite Radiohead albums. If I had to pick a top 5, it's Kid A, In Rainbows, OK Computer, HTTT and Amnesiac.

Amok is so good, too. I really wish I'd been able to see them live.