Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
Hopefully it won't be terrible like The King of Limbs. I'm a huge fan of all their other work but TKoL fell short big for me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

ZoDiAC_ posted:

Sam Smith's song for Spectre won an Academy Award

Somewhere Johnny Greenwood is sharpening a knife and writing down the names of Academy members.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Actually, I think he's probably sighing contentedly about not being the tool on stage winning an academy award for poo poo-grade balladry.

I meant more the whole "Radiohead's Spectre not being used and Johnny get hosed over with There Will Be Blood."

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I originally thought I didn't like TKOL but I think my initial impression is that it didn't hit me like previous Radiohead albums. To be fair, the first "new" Radiohead album for me was In Rainbows. I'd been listening to all the previous albums up to that point, and In Rainbows was fantastic. But the other day I threw on Little by Little and it just clicked. Very excited for the new album.

Favorite b-sides? I'm a huge fan of Polyethylene, and most of the My Iron Lung B-Sides.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

ICHIBAHN posted:

Hahah no way this arsehole is called Brian Message

http://www.wired.co.uk/news/archive/2015-10/16/brian-message-spotify-radiohead-wired-2015

He is

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Strings are same style as There Will Be Blood and that made me happy. Looking forward to the album.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Less than 2 hours!!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Polo-Rican posted:

It's out 2pm EST - one hour later than you think.

Imagine I posted it half an hour from now. Sorry about that!

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Part of it too was the pressure of how big OKC blew them up etc etc. It's where "How to Disappear Completely" came from due to Thom being so miserable.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Her Dryer posted:

Also through conversation with Michael Stipe, who was helping Thom work through his issues at this time

Yep. That's where the mantra/chorus of "I'm not here. This isn't happening" came from. Michael advises it as a disassociation/meditative technique. I actually have that tattooed on my wrists. One of my favorite sets

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Mine as well. Except I can't remember if my brother shipped it to my place or his.

The presentation video of it has me pumped. It also reminds me I really need to pick up a record player.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I got mine today, haven't fully checked it out but the vinyls seem to be OK when I put them in the book. And it had both CDs...

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Anyone know what's up with the words that are underneath the lyrics?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

AARO posted:

How do you know this?

They sent an email out with the info

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

dirksteadfast posted:

*Checks vinyl collection, OKC oddly has never been purchased*

Well, that's all the justification I needed.

Yeah, I probably didn't NEED to purchase the deluxe edition but here we are.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

BigFactory posted:

So if you have the airbag and no surprises ep's you have most of those songs already, right?

Yeah, there are 3 on there that haven't been officially released.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Got my set today. So purdy and it matches the AMSP LP set a bit too.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

My OKNOTOK set came w/ a digital download code for the album. I assume it's the same stuff from a link they provided a few weeks ago. Anyone interested?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Man, I really should listen to TKOL more.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Edward Mass posted:

New Thom Yorke solo stuff expected soon.

Here’s a preview:

Beep boop beep blip blip blip blip beep boop beep beep bloop bloop

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Barry posted:

http://www.nonesuch.com/albums/there-will-be-blood-soundtrack

Somewhat related, There Will Be Blood is getting a vinyl release. I'll probably pick this one up, great score.

Oh gently caress yes. I will definitely grab this. I just rewatched There Will Be Blood for the first time in a little while. One of my favorite movies and Greenwood’s soundtrack is a big part of that. He got loving robbed for being DQ’d from Best Original Score.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

blossommirage posted:

A Wolf at the Door is really underrated, that's my strongest opinion on HTTT.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Say what you will about their musical output, Radiohead seems like just the most gracious band of their stature. In Rainbows’ release basically created the model for Bandcamp, but I can’t imagine another worldwide band doing that. Especially in 2007.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

That’s a good point. They put out Ghosts and The Slip in the Pay What You Want format, right? And Year Zero has something funky about its release but maybe it was just the ARG?

Yeah, NIN is definitely up there with Radiohead for giving that sort of thing a whirl/access in general.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Also a 20yr for Amnesiac but NOT Kid A? I don’t see it.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

I’ll buy that in a heartbeat. I’ve had the chorus to “How to Disappear Completely” tattooed on my wrists for almost a decade and a half.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Got the deluxe vinyl package to go w my KoL, OK Computer, and AMSP

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Third rules. What a great final chapter for Portishead. Fall of 2008 was a LOT of Third.

The fellas put everything on Bandcamp! I think that’s awesome and will hopefully raise the profile of Bandcamp a bit. They deserve more success if they continue being the seemingly ethical company they’ve been so far.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

My art book x vinyl is supposed to arrive tomorrow!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

Rageaholic posted:

This was just brought to my attention, and uhh, holy poo poo. It's the entire album.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B2JHChJpG_A

Just seeing this and I think it proves how good songs like Weird Fishes are when they can sound this good in a cover like this.