Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

FractalSandwich posted:

By the way, do you listen to Video Games Hot Dog, Chorps, or has someone been going around asking a bunch of completely unrelated podcasts about their favourite games made by women?

Not to crosspromote but yes I do subscribe to the Hot Dog Network.

Ulvirich posted:

I just want to say; that LP was absolutely hilarious from one end to another.

Also thank you and the rest of the people who were saying nice things about the Drake LP! Makes me feel like the several dollars I had to spend on importing the comic were worth it.

Sadly there's no Naruto update this weekend due to scheduling issues but there will hopefully be one next week! We're so close to the end and I can't wait for it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010
That explains how the hell you found out about Fruity Pebbles.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

The Gologle Posting Experience.

<3
I've been watching your UNS2 LP and I have to say I love when you get to Itachi's death and the whole big retcon about Itachi's motivations and plans and Chorp is literally the only one defending it and Jay, Jordan, and FutureFriend are all saying that it's not only bad but actively makes Itachi a worse character. Especially since Jordan and/or Jay both essentially peace out half way through the video because they just can't handle the stupidity anymore.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

:siren: UPDATE TIME! :siren:

Today, it's the beginning of the end! In the wake of his deadly two rock barrage, the five Kage stand in defiance of Madara Uchiha and the Tsuki No Me plan! It seems like Madara has been revived with some extra abilities; will this power be enough to take down the five most powerful ninja in the world? Or will Ninja World live to see another day thanks to the Kages efforts? Find out today as we start the final chapter!

Gologle posted:

I've been watching your UNS2 LP and I have to say I love when you get to Itachi's death and the whole big retcon about Itachi's motivations and plans and Chorp is literally the only one defending it and Jay, Jordan, and FutureFriend are all saying that it's not only bad but actively makes Itachi a worse character. Especially since Jordan and/or Jay both essentially peace out half way through the video because they just can't handle the stupidity anymore.

Sometimes you have to play Sasuke's Advocate.

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
That D rank trophy is great.
I think the bosses in this game are pretty lackluster compared to 2 and 4. 2's might have had a more generic structure (large immobile target in the middle of a circular arena) but they looked more fun.

And yeah the conclusion of this fight outside of the game was pretty different. Madara just pulls a Naruto and sends 50 copies of himself. I think Tsunade ends up split in two pieces by the end of it.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
FtureFriend predicts the future again, he truly is the friend of the future.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
The "dodge all the projectiles then rush in for an attack" stage of the giant boss was alarmingly reminiscent of the final boss of a 3D Sonic game.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

ChorpSaway posted:

Sometimes you have to play Sasuke's Advocate.

Well okay then, just so long as you really hate Sasuke like everyone else, and aren't just claiming to play Sasuke's Advocate to defend your favorite character.

HGH posted:

And yeah the conclusion of this fight outside of the game was pretty different. Madara just pulls a Naruto and sends 50 copies of himself. I think Tsunade ends up split in two pieces by the end of it.

That part's great, he just says that if they think five against one is fair then they should each just face five clones of him. Wood Clones. Nature's Clones.

And that ending is pretty arbitrary, especially since a much better ending point comes up right after. And it even involves Chorp's favorite character.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Tsunade is literally bisected down the middle and I think still manages to heal herself, it's very silly regardless.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Today, Naruto and Killer Bee are leaving the rest of the war to all the other ninja and going to take on "Madara" by themselves. It looks like he's been doing some extra work though, and he's come prepared to destroy Naruto and take his tailed beast. Will the last two jinchuriki be able to take down all the ones that came before them? It's the first half of the final battle!

I'll do character stuff for the other jinchuriki later. We're still not done seeing them anyways.

Gologle
Apr 15, 2013

<3
I can't believe how good the last game is compared to this one, though it still has some problems. I don't think there's a single bad fight in it, just some are less cooler than others. I'm eagerly looking forward to it after watching this LP.

White Coke
May 29, 2015
Who else in the world of Naruto eats booty? Is it a requirement to become a Kage?

HGH
Dec 20, 2011
Naruto doesn't wear goggles outside the first chapters cause the artist put too much detail into them and found them hard to draw and realized he'd have to redraw them every single panel.

FractalSandwich
Apr 25, 2010

I'm glad the Nine Tails and I are on the same page about this story.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
So I remember Tobi and the Akatsuki's plan from the last game/bit of Naruto I've actually watched, but aren't the beasts all locked up in the big statue that Choji suplexed earlier? So how are they in these bozos now? Better yet, if Tobi can control the beasts, why bother with the Jinchuriki? Why not go full cackling maniac and crush the enemy with your kaiju posse? Also also, I distinctly remember them sucking the One-Tail out of Gaara, so where's that?

These stupid fetish jokes are killing me though, keep it up.

White Coke posted:

Who else in the world of Naruto eats booty? Is it a requirement to become a Kage?

Listen you just ought to be real grateful the birth of Naruto flashback chapter was so abridged...

TwoPair fucked around with this message at 22:44 on Sep 15, 2016

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

TwoPair posted:

These stupid fetish jokes are killing me, keep it up.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

TwoPair posted:

So I remember Tobi and the Akatsuki's plan from the last game/bit of Naruto I've actually watched, but aren't the beasts all locked up in the big statue that Choji suplexed earlier? So how are they in these bozos now? Better yet, if Tobi can control the beasts, why bother with the Jinchuriki? Why not go full cackling maniac and crush the enemy with your kaiju posse? Also also, I distinctly remember them sucking the One-Tail out of Gaara, so where's that?

The Kaiju are still connected to the giant statue, in the manga when Naruto has his mental conference with them the Kaijuu are covered in gigantic chains. I think Tobi needs to bind the Kaiju into their former hosts, or a host of some sort, in order to control them and let them out of the statue. And Tobi was just about to destroy the ninja army with his kaiju squad, he just ran into Naruto and Bee first, it took an arbitrary amount of time preparing the bodies though, so he was only able to finish working on them in time to fight our protagonist. The One-Tailed Kaiju is still in the statue, the Rinnegan only allows someone to control six other bodies at a time because of arbitrary restrictions on their bullshit magic system.

TwoPair posted:

Listen you just ought to be real grateful the birth of Naruto flashback chapter was so abridged...

Grateful? You seem to under the mistaken impression that I didn't want to know...

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

White Coke posted:

The One-Tailed Kaiju is still in the statue, the Rinnegan only allows someone to control six other bodies at a time because of arbitrary restrictions on their bullshit magic system.

I'm stunned to hear that an eye power actually has a restriction.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Technically they all have restrictions. The Mangyeko Sharingan only gives three of the potentially unknown number of horseshit powers it has. One is used by the Right Eye, one by the Left Eye and one by Both Eyes. When you transplant another set of Sharingan to get the Eternal Mangyeko Sharingan you also get the powers of those eyes.

Danzo is some sort of cheating jackass though, as the cost of one of his powers is to close an eye altogether, he just shunts which eye he's closing off to one of the ones in his arm.

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

I wish the restrictions for the eye powers were more like Darker Than Black where they can still be massively overpowered but it requires you to do something with some actual restriction to it like eat your weight in food afterwards or break a finger or do an LP of one of the Naruto fighting games.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013
There's a restriction on the sharingan in that if you're not an uchiha/it's not yours it costs way more chakra to use. also the fact that using it literally makes you go blind.

FutureFriend
Dec 28, 2011

dudermcbrohan posted:

There's a restriction on the sharingan in that if you're not an uchiha/it's not yours it costs way more chakra to use. also the fact that using it literally makes you go blind.

this poo poo is like a loving dnd racial bonus, you're either uchiha or your eyes are garbage.

dudermcbrohan
May 14, 2013

FutureFriend posted:

this poo poo is like a loving dnd racial bonus, you're either uchiha or your eyes are garbage.

to be fair to get the real sick uchiha powers you have to experience massive loss and even if you do you'll go blind unless you steal another uchiha's eyes and put them in your head

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

dudermcbrohan posted:

to be fair to get the real sick uchiha powers you have to experience massive loss and even if you do you'll go blind unless you steal another uchiha's eyes and put them in your head

But all Uchiha's in the series do that so it's not like it matters.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

ChorpSaway posted:

I wish the restrictions for the eye powers were more like Darker Than Black where they can still be massively overpowered but it requires you to do something with some actual restriction to it like eat your weight in food afterwards or break a finger or do an LP of one of the Naruto fighting games.

So that's why you're doing these LPs, huh? Have you become... INVINCIBLE???

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

SyntheticPolygon posted:

But all Uchiha's in the series do that so it's not like it matters.

This stuff is so incredibly Crawling in My Stupid Headband that it wraps around to funny.

Squarely Circle
Jul 28, 2010

things worsen and worsen
drat, those are some really ugly beast designs. Like the author designed the Nine Tails, the blue tiger thing and the vore gorilla (vorilla) to look badass and then went "gently caress it, just make a slug and a horse with a shovel face". Did anyone tell him that bug wings aren't tails

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Lord_Magmar posted:

Danzo is some sort of cheating jackass though, as the cost of one of his powers is to close an eye altogether, he just shunts which eye he's closing off to one of the ones in his arm.

Anyone with a regular old Sharingan can use Izanagi to cheat their death. The special power of Danzo's stolen Mangyeko Sharingan was a super powerful form of mind control.

FutureFriend posted:

I'd rather have garbage eyes than be a garbage person.

TwoPair posted:

I'm stunned to hear that an eye power actually has a restriction.

Only so that an even more bullshit eye power can exist. It's just absurdly overpowered eyes all the way down.

Ulvirich
Jun 26, 2007

TwoPair posted:

So that's why you're doing these LPs, huh? Have you become... INVINCIBLE???

He's in the process of doing his second Naruto LP to do the other eye. The jutsu, Shounen Iron Eyes Gaze.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
So what's the limitation on the zombie magic? Seems pretty OP.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Zanzibar Ham posted:

It requires one human sacrifice per person resurrected, and I'm pretty sure they have to willingly give their chakra to fuel the ritual. Additionally you need the DNA of the person you're trying to resurrect and the people summoned are always weaker than they were in life. Plus their body is not healed of all injuries, only those that led to their death.

Kabuto only got around the first requirement by having a literal army of Zetsu Clones willing to die to fuel his ritual and couldn't stop the second problem, only minimise it.

U.T. Raptor
May 11, 2010

Are you a pack of imbeciles!?

Squarely Circle posted:

drat, those are some really ugly beast designs. Like the author designed the Nine Tails, the blue tiger thing and the vore gorilla (vorilla) to look badass and then went "gently caress it, just make a slug and a horse with a shovel face". Did anyone tell him that bug wings aren't tails
Honestly, the Nine-tails is pretty goofy-looking too, with its strangely humanoid body/limbs and giant rabbit ears. That slug is by far the dumbest and worst, though. Also, the battle with the jinchuriki is basically how all the arena battles in Revolution are, except with more gimmicks and the AI fight each other as well as you (most of the time :v:).

I really like the jinchuriki, though, and probably one of the dumbest non-magic-eye things about this series is how criminally they were underused. Hell, most of them never even appeared outside of promo art until being mindless, voiceless zombies in this fight (and those that did only appeared so they could job to the Akatsuki). They've actually got more personality as playable characters in this game than most of them ever got the chance to show canonically (excluding filler arcs, since I'm pretty sure at least Utakata appeared in one of those, which is why he acted like he knew Naruto in that scene). Fuu and Yugito are cool and should have lived :smith:

HGH
Dec 20, 2011

Lord_Magmar posted:

It requires one human sacrifice per person resurrected, and I'm pretty sure they have to willingly give their chakra to fuel the ritual. Additionally you need the DNA of the person you're trying to resurrect and the people summoned are always weaker than they were in life. Plus their body is not healed of all injuries, only those that led to their death.

Kabuto only got around the first requirement by having a literal army of Zetsu Clones willing to die to fuel his ritual and couldn't stop the second problem, only minimise it.

I call bullshit on this, isn't Itachi's host body right now Anko's?

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Zanzibar Ham posted:

It is supposed to be OP. Throw out any thoughts of balance or fairness from your mind. If you don't have to power of a god you're poo poo out of luck in Naruto's World. That being said the main limitation is the caster of the zombie magic themselves. If they're killed the zombies will keep going, but if you were to mind control them you could make them release the spell, or give them orders to relay to the zombies.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

HGH posted:

I call bullshit on this, isn't Itachi's host body right now Anko's?

Kabuto is just using her Cursed Seal, which is an alternate method of accessing Nature Chakra based on the abilities of Jugo, as a battery. Essentially the reason he can use it so much is she's supplying him with a truly ridiculous amount of Chakra to fuel the Jutsu. Tobi is supplying all the Host bodies with an army of White Zetau clones as I remember it.

Notably Orochimaru instead uses the DNA of Hashirama to help him fuel his version, and his sucks considerably more. Turns out Nature Chakra helps push the zombies even closer to how strong they were in life.

Admittedly it may not require a truly willing sacrifice but every instance in the manga it was used with willing sacrifices. Orochimaru had some schmucks from his village do it, and Kabuto has the aforementioned Zetau Clones.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
How many zombies do they have running around then? I thought their armies were these zombies, I had no idea about any clones.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Zanzibar Ham posted:

How many zombies do they have running around then? I thought their armies were these zombies, I had no idea about any clones.

The armies are the zombies using the White Zetsu as host bodies. The Jutsu actually fuses ash and dust with a living sacrifice to reshape their body into the person being reincarnated, they're technically still alive but they will never have their own body again. As any method of ending the technique kills the host when the spirit of the reincarnated person is separated for the body.

This means normally it'll kill a person to bring back a person, Kabuto happens to have a very large supply of things that count as people for the purpose of such a Jutsu but aren't actual people, and as such doesn't need a bunch of people to use as hosts.

Also I was a bit wrong about what he's using Anko for, as the Impure World Reincarnation doesn't require any chakra from the user to perform, it requires chakra to control the zombies, which Kabuto is draining from Anko's Curse Seal so he can command 100+ powerful ninja.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

Grimey Drawer
If only they thought to train a Ninja Cleric with Turn Undead-Jutsu.

White Coke
May 29, 2015

Zanzibar Ham posted:

If only they thought to train a Ninja Cleric with Turn Undead-Jutsu.

The only people who know how to use it are the Second Hokage, Orochimaru, and Kabuto. It's used so rarely that no one has really had the time to come up with counter measures. And each person who knows the spell has improved upon their predecessor's mastery of it, so if Turn Undead-Jutsu worked against one iteration of the spell it might not on the next.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChorpSaway
Oct 9, 2012

Today, the real final battle(s) against Tobi! With the Tailed Beasts walloped and Tobi proving to be a non-issue, what's left for Naruto to punch? Why couldn't they have left the story on a cliffhanger? Will Naruto ever become Hokage? All these questions and more today on the finale of Naruto Shippuden Ultimate Ninja Storm 3's story mode!

Next week I'll have the last two videos of the LP up which cover all of the plot-important things from the post-game content and then we'll see what's next for the Otaku Trash Machine!
Also I was too busy to finish the bios so that'll be up before the end of this whole thing too!

Thanks for watching, and stay tuned for some of the Bonus Content of All Time next week with everyone's favorite character!

• Locked thread