Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Newest Update:
Episode 9: A Yellow Submarine

Banner art by Abstract Cactus

In 1986, a little manga premiered in Weekly Shonen Jump. That manga was Jojo's Bizarre Adventure by Hirohiko Araki. It follows the various adventures of members of the Joestar family, starting with Johnathan Joestar. It features such things as

-Vampires
-Sun punches
-A man named REO Speedwagon
-Multiple people named Jojo
-Psychic punchghosts
-Buff men
-Fabulous men
-Italians both buff and fabulous
-A baby that's a reeeeal dick
-Turtles
-A David Bowie serial killer
-The Book of Mormon being correct
-A man with four testicles
-And much more

Thirty years later, Jojo has become a pop culture institution in Japan, spanning 8 story arcs, many references in games, anime, and whatever else, an OVA series, a movie we don't talk about, and a currently running TV anime that's about to enter the fourth story arc in April.

But, more importantly to this thread, it's spawned a handful of video games! And in this thread, we're gonna play some games based on the most iconic story arc, Stardust Crusaders. In this part, Johnathan's great-great-grandson, Jotaro Kujo, joins his grandfather, previous protagonist Joseph Joestar, and a ragtag group of fighters on an intercontinental road trip to defeat the immortal vampire DIO, Johnathan's adopted brother and rival.

Aw hell yeah, I loved playing Jojo on the Dreamcast!

We're not playing that one!

What?

We're doing a fangame!

Our game is Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: The 7th Stand User, a fanmade RPG Maker game released in 2013 by NendoTairiku/Clayman and translated in 2014. The game again tells the story of Stardust Crusaders, but it's quite a bit more accurate to the manga. Well, that is, aside from the titular 7th Stand user. That's you! 7th Stand User places you into the story of Jojo, and while all seems fine at first, it becomes apparent that your presence means more than just an extra cast member! This game is incredibly dense with content, with 18 different original Stands and personalities for the main character, over 19 endings, and a metric oraton of bonus content. Due to the absolute glut of content in this game, and how much of it requires multiple playthroughs of the game, this will not be a 100% informative-type LP. Instead, this will be a narrative screenshot LP of a casual playthrough, aiming to show as much content as possible in a single playthrough. I gotta leave something for you, after all. 7th Stand User is free to download and can be found here.

SPOILER POLICY

As oue game cover the third story arc, and the events of Part 1 lead directly into Stardust Crusaders, spoilers for Parts 1 and 2 are fair game and should not be tagged. So Johnathan Joestar died taking the head of Dio down under the sea and Joseph Joestar used a volcano to launch Kars into space where he stopped thinking. And of course, since we're going no further than Stardust Crusaders, but each part is generally self-contained, spoilers for Parts 4-8 should be tagged at all times. Ideally, I'd like to keep future part discussion to a minimum, because some people might be experiencing Jojo for the first time. While there are references and some spoilers for future parts in 7th Stand User, I don't want us going overboard. And as for Stardust Crusaders itself, anything not covered in one of the games yet should be tagged or commentary yet is off-limits, no tags, no nothing!

Now let's go forth, Crusaders, and STAND PROUD!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Aug 11, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Episodes

Episode 1: Folsom Prison Blues (Right down there!)
Episode 2: Who Are You?
Episode 3: Green is the Colour
Episode 4: Grey Matter
Episode 5: Chariots of Fire
Episode 6: Bark At The Moon
Episode 7: I'm On A Boat
Episode 8: Sympathy for the Devil
Episode 9: A Yellow Submarine

Bonus Videos

I was doing an LP of the Jojo game for Super Famicom, but it's really bad and kinda boring to watch so I stopped.

Jojo SFC Episode 1: It's Not Easy Being Green OR Superfly
Jojo SFC Episode 2: Silver and Gold OR Blue (Da Ba Dee) OR Monkey Man

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Aug 11, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Reserved

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Episode 1: Folsom Prison Blues

Welcome to Jojo's Bizarre Adventure: The Seventh Stand User. Any non-narrative text and asides about the game will be presented by this icon. The options here are pretty self-explanatory, so we'll just pick New Game.

Who's THIS guy?

"Who's THIS guy?" That's what you were thinking, right?

N-No.

Allow me to introduce myself. I'm the interfering Speedwagon!

Robert Edward O. Speedwagon (Yes, seriously) was a secondary character in the first part of the manga, Phantom Blood and was also in Part 2, Battle Tendency. He played the role of the guy who explains all the shonen fighting and was a great friend to Johnathan and Joseph Joestar, establishing a foundation that basically exists to help all Joestars.

Sorry for the sudden entrance, but would you like me to explain this game's features?

Here, we're given the opportunity to have Speedwagon tell us how the game works. That function is superfluous with me here, so I'm afraid we'll have to decline.

By the way, it looks like this is your first time playing, but...What difficulty level would you prefer?

The top choice will do my job and explain the difficulties. Normal is the way the game is intended to be played. Easy gives you an EXP bonus and several healing items, but drops the Friendship Points, or FP of your party members. I'll explain a bit more in detail when it comes up, but this makes it harder to unlock New Game +. Easy cannot be selected on a NG+. Hard also lowers your FP, but it also severely lowers your stats. It's the Dark Souls of Jojo. We'll be choosing Normal.

Which reminds me...would you like to watch the prologue?

The prologue basically sets up the story and is also pretty much this entire update, so of course we're watching it. It IS nice that they give you the option to skip to character creation on replays.

We join a ship on the high seas, having just dredged up a hidden treasure.

What are you waiting for? Open it!

I told you! There's bound to be good stuff here, considering this is where a luxury liner went down 100 years ago...

Who cares!? Just hurry up and open it!

We'll force it open, then! Hey you! Grab me a blowtorch!

*Krrrrk*

Huh? There's writing on the side...D I O...Dio? Must be the company that made the chest. Now open it already!

That's not a very good noise at all.

This is recon team B-12, coming in from what appears to be an abandoned ship! We haven't found corpses or any other trace of the crew! All we've found is an empty container that was left on the deck...It seems to have been forced open with an acetylene torch...

...No clue as to the whereabouts of its former contents. We are requesting that a search team for the lost crewmembers be dispatched ASAP!

*BEEP*

This chest is made of reinforced steel, so whatever was in here had to be important...

Heh...maybe someone...or something was lurking inside...and when they opened it, it devoured them whole! And maybe it's still on this ship! Or whatever.

We fade out and leave the ship.

Our story next takes us to Narita Airport, where a man has come from America on family business.

Holly!

I'm so glad you could come, Papa!

With my only daughter in a bind? Why, I'd cross the entire earth in 24 hours if I had to!

Joseph Joestar was the protagonist of the second story arc of Jojo, Battle Tendency. Set in 1938, Joseph had to use his mastery of an ancient art known as the Ripple to defeat ancient Aztec supermen. It's 1989 now, and Joseph is older, wiser, and has settled down as a real estate tycoon.

Hee hee! How's Mama?

She threw a fit! But I told her that it was top-secret Joestar company business...Heh heh!

Papa...Mmmmmmm...

Hey! Knock it off, Holly!

Once a kid, always a kid.

Good grief...Do you realize how that sounds coming from a 45 year old woman?

If you're wondering why a British-American man's daughter is living in Japan, Holly fell in love with and married a Japanese jazz musician, moving to Tokyo.

Oooh, now you've done it! I'll have to tickle you for that! Coochie-coochie-coo!

H-Hey...Quit it!

It seems Joseph Joestar has a way of clearing a room.

Now then, Holly...About Jotaro...

!

...Oh, I can't believe it! My Jotaro!

It's all true! No one else in the room could see it...But I could! Another arm besides his own...and that gun!

Nobody else could see it but you?

Yeah...

Have you been experiencing anything similarly...unusual?

No, nothing like that, But listen! He says he won't leave his cell until he figures out the cause of all this! Papa...What am I going to do?

Now, now, my darling. Now that Joseph Joestar is here to save the day, there's no cause for alarm!

As the man accompanying Joseph joins the two, we fade out.

We find ourselves in prison. An intimidating young man sits in the middle of his cell, back turned and surrounded by things a prisoner would never be allowed to have.

I...I can't believe it...Somehow, there's more things in the cell than there were before...

H-He's been possessed by something terrible...and whatever it is, it's violent...! If anyone finds out about this, I'll be fired in a heartbeat...!

Don't worry, I'll handle my grandson.

Jotaro! It's Grandpa! Grandpa's here to help you now! Please come home!

The bars clank as Jotaro approaches.

Piss off. I didn't ask you to come here...you want to help me? What makes you think you can do that?

Sorry you had to come all the way from New York...But I'm not leaving.

!

(My...my finger...When did he take that off...?)

See that? Do you finally get it? This is my evil spirit...Don't come any closer...unless you want to cut short what little time you have left.

(Unbelieveable...He actually pulled one over on ME...)

If you've read Battle Tendency, you know this is quite a feat.

(I know all about the true nature of that evil spirit of yours, Jotaro...I knew it before I even came here!)

(I'd clear up this little mystery for him right now...But...! It won't do to simply explain it...He has to feel it with his own body! It's the only way to protect him from the dangers yet to come!)

Abdul! ...It's your turn...

Abdul, Avdol, it depends on the translation. Official translations use Avdol, but fan translations predating those used Abdul. Within LP posts, I'll be using Abdul for consistency's sake, but in other contexts, I tend to use Avdol.

Abdul...Get my grandson out of this cell!

Abdul approaches, undeterred by Jotaro's threats.

Besides...Do you really think I'd let a butt-ugly guy like that boot me out of here?

Nothing you can do is going to change my mind. All you're doing is getting on my nerves.

When I'm through, he may be in so much pain that he'll be begging us to let him out...

That's not a problem.

Quiet!

It's cool how the game uses art from the manga for a lot of battle sprites.

Is that...!?

Yes! Abdul has an 'evil spirit' just like yours! This 'spirit' that obeys Abdul's will is called...

"Magician's Red!"

This is basically introducing us to the battle system of the game. The options here are pretty self-explanatory, so let's just attack him.

Do you see the (M) next to Abdul's name? That represents your opponent's distance from you!

S (short) means the opponent is close...L (long) means that they're far away...And M (middle) means they're somewhere inbetween. Don't forget it!

At that distance, physical attacks should be the most effective means of damaging him!

Abdul (M) was sent flying!

Abdul (M) crashed into the wall!

Jotaro tries to attack the magician again.

Urgh! It's hot! Are these...flames!?

My arm...it's burning! Is this all because of that 'evil spirit'...!?

Now, Jotaro! Summon your spirit as well!

A figure resembling an ancient Roman centurion appeared from behind Jotaro!!

Ora!

Gah...*cough* I didn't think you'd be able to manifest it so clearly...

However...You fail to grasp even the very basics of Stand combat!

Stand...combat?

Jotaro! What you thought was an evil spirit is actually a powerful vision created from your own life force!

Since it appears beside you, we call it...

This 'Stand' draws power from your Spirit Energy (SP), so if you consume all of it, it won't be able to manifest.

SP is MP, got it.

Stands also have different attributes, such as range! Your Stand can only manifest very close to your body, so it's a 'Close-Range Stand!'

Abdul's Stand, on the other hand, fights at range, so he can unleash an all-out attack while keeping his distance. Unfortunately, your close-ranged Stand will be unable to attack at full power!

...then use the 'guard' command strategically and wait for the enemy to reveal their weak point.

Some enemies will maintain their distance to prevent you from closing in on them, so keep on your toes!

Basically, wait until the enemy is in range to use your best stuff.

Okay, so now Abdul is in range of us, so it's time to use our Stand's main means of attack.

Punching things a lot.

After another barrage of punches, Jotaro managed to send Abdul flying!

Sensing that the end of the battle is near, Jotaro punches once more, and...

Abdul was subdued.

Rraaaaaaaaaugh!! You know what!? Forget it!!

The...the bars opened on their own!!

Mr. Joestar...As you can see, I've gotten him out of the cell.

........Was this your plan all along?

Not quite...I did truly intend to send you to the hospital, but your strength far exceeded my expectations.

And what if I hadn't pulled these bars apart? What then?

My ability...rather, my Stand is Magician's Red. If it came to, my flames could easily melt them.

After a bit...

Hey! The nerve of you, calling your own mother a pain in the rear end! Who taught you to speak like that? And you! Don't look so happy about it!

Fiiiine!

Hey, Gramps! Listen up!

!

There's still something that's bugging me. How do you know so much about my evil sp-...Rather...How do you know so much about my Stand?

.......Well...That's what I came from New York to talk to you about....but we'll get to that in time. There's something else I need to talk about first...Something linked to the entire Joestar family.

Take a look at these pictures.

We recognize that ship!

What am I supposed to be looking at?

4 years ago, this metal chest was pulled up from the waters west of Africa. Afterwards, I took it into my own hands...in reality, it's not a chest, but a casket. It dates back about 100 years.

When it was finally discovered, it was empty. Only I know what it contained! The one Abdul and I have been searching for!

When you say "the one," do you mean...

Yes...I'm searching for a person, one who was also aboard that ship 100 years ago...

The Joestars and Abdul resumed their conversation in a local diner.

I like the use of stock RPG Maker assets turning a contemporary Japanese diner into a fantasy tavern.

Hey, Jojo! Don't pout like this has nothing to do with you!

Kujo Jotaro. Geddit?

Abdul, right? I don't know who you are, but you've got balls to say that to me...And Gramps...Do you expect me to believe this 100 year old guy just crawled out of the ocean?

Well, there's actually a funny plothole about that, but we're going off topic.

Heh...but when you think about it, our evil spirits are equally unbelievable, aren't they?

Hmph! That's fine by me...I'll make you believe me in due time. Just let me tell you my reasons for going after Dio...and why I know all about him in the first place.

I'll show you...Truth is, Jotaro...One year ago, I discovered that I also have the same kind of evil spirit as you - a Stand!

Is that true, Papa!?

What did you say, Gramps!?

Look closely!

*WOOSH!*

Did you see the thorns that sprung from my arm? That's MY Stand! Its ability is Spirit Photography...I can make faraway things appear on film. Of course, I have to bust up a $300 camera every time I use it.

I'm sure there are cheaper Polaroid cameras you could get, Joseph! $300 is like high end poo poo! Thread, tell me! Could you get a Polaroid for less than $300 in '89?

Noticing the commotion, a waiter approaches the table.

Nothing that concerns you. Begone.

Realizing he's in over his head, a waiter leaves the table alone.

Pay attention, Jotaro! The image this photo shows...will decide your fate!

What?

Jotaro, Holly. Have you ever taken a good look at the backs of your necks?

...? What do you mean?

...but on the very base of my neck, there's a star-shaped birthmark.

That was ALWAYS THERE. Yessiree.

*Gasp*!

Why do you mention it?

I heard from my mother that my late father also had this very birthmark. I imagine all those of the Joestar bloodline must have it.

So what exactly is on that photo?

This birthmark, which none of us had paid any mind to until now, will decide our fate.

Show us what's on that photo!!

It's that Dio! It's him that always appears in my photos...And on his neck is that same birthmark! That's because below the neck, Dio Brando's body belongs to my grandfather, Johnathan Joestar!

So I should probably talk about Dio. Dio was the adoptive brother of Johnathan Joestar and turned himself into a vampire through a series of events meant to kill Johnathan. Johnathan stopped Dio from taking over the world and sacrificed himself to take Dio's head down to the bottom of the sea with him. Thaaaat's Part 1!

If not for my grandma Erina, I would never have known what occurred on that ship that was lost in the Atlantic over a century ago...That bastard Dio stole my grandfather's body...That's all she told me! I'll be that now, somewhere in the world, he's using that body to carry out some evil scheme!

Our abilities are what people might describe as ESP or psychokinesis. I was born with my Stand, but yours seems to have something to do with Dio and that stolen body of his...Like an invisible link between you and your ancestor Johnathan.

Abdul. Can you determine his location from this photo?

I'm afraid I cannot do that. It's far too dark for me to see clearly.

Sorry Holly, but it looks like we're going to have to park ourselves at your place here in Japan for a little while.

Meanwhile, somewhere else...

Johnathan's descendants...no doubt...This body seems to be sending out a signal somehow...

So be it...I suppose this is destiny...

Darkness.

Nnngh...

Huh? Where am I?

???: That would be your destiny...Young nameless one, apostle of Fate...You are about to walk a path full of pain and suffering...However, it is necessary that you continue to fight.

???: Please accept this small offering...Your very own Stand. I hope you use it well...

A Stand? I don't even know what you're talking about!

I don't even remember how I got here. Is this a dream?

I detect the capability to wield a Stand within you...If you answer a few easy questions for me, I may be able to determine your Stand's power.

A few questions? My Stand's power? I'm not even entirely sure who I am!

----

And that's where you come in. This is much like the beginning of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, where you're given a personality test to determine your protagonist's abilities and personality. And I want you to help shape that. First off, aside from the first two questions, the questions that appear aren't set in stone. So first, let's answer these two questions.

First off, picture yourself in everyday surroundings. Where are you standing? Think not about the small details, but where your position is in relation to others...

1. Mingling with the group
2. Right in the center
3. Off in my own place

I see...This next one is about your worldview. Do you think it's best to give people the benefit of the doubt, or is your trust something to be earned?

1. I trust them from the outset
2. I make them earn my trust
3. Depends on the situation

Then, provide a personality archetype you'd like to see our character fit. I'll answer the remaining questions with it in mind as best as I can.

I'll also need a name. Ten-character limit. Music references are a plus.

We can also give our character a nickname if we want. Ten characters as well.

Now for our character's appearance. Are we a boy or a girl? And are we (from left to right) average, distinctive, short, or chubby?

And yes, the distinctive options are in fact Josuke and Jolyne from Parts 4 and 6. Let's just try to ignore that

Finally, we can also give our character a catchphrase. Ten characters. Think more "Yare yare daze" than "ORAORAORA."

So, to summarize, what I need from you is.

A name
A nickname (Optional)
A catchphrase (Optional)
Boy or Girl
Average, Distinctive, Short, or Chubby
Answers to the first two questions
A general personality to answer the rest with

I'll pick either my favorite or the most popular options.

Next time: The Seventh Stand User revealed! Our adventure begins!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 20:48 on Feb 13, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Had a few caps switched around, fixed now.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Hmm, this looks very interesting! Also made me decide to maybe try the JoJo manga again, though I'll skip the first arc this time.

As for the questions -

A name - Nathan
A nickname (Optional) - The Drake
Boy
Average

Mingle with the group
Depends on the circumstances

e: oh yeah, forgot general personality! Oh well, don't have any ideas. I'll probably switch to vote for someone else's suggestion anyway.

e2: Actually, got an idea - Nathan grew up on the streets. He likes to think of himself as a good guy, protecting the weaker kids. However, he's got a mean streak, and is very quick to solve problems with violence. He also has a penchant for burgling houses, calling it "treasure hunting".

Zanzibar Ham fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Feb 13, 2016

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Oh boy, a Seventh Stand User Thread!

Our name is Lucia Zeppeli, transplanted branch member of the Zeppeli family. Nicknamed Lu by our friends, and we look like a fairly average girl. We like to mingle with our friends as much as possible, but trust is something to be earned with us.

Now as for our personality: We're cheerful for the most part, pretty nosey, even when we shouldn't be, but we like to believe everyone's got some good in them. We try to help out others when we can, but screwing up is not something we let slide without a dressing down. We also have a gambling problem.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

When I saw the thread, I thought this was going to be an LP of the story mode of the PS1 game. That was where I first got into the series way back in the day. This is definitely cool too though.

Name: Bowie
Nickname: Ziggy
Average Boy
Cathcphrase: CHANGES!
Mingling with the group
Earn my trust

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Name: Koko Goldstein
Body: Average Male
Catchphrase: Smoooth
Question 1: Right in the center
Question 2: Trust from outset
Personality: Three things matter to Koko: Friendship, yachting and smooth music that rocks.

DoctorStrangelove fucked around with this message at 22:41 on Feb 14, 2016

sudonim
Oct 6, 2005

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Average Boy
Mingling with the group
Earn my trust

This is great! Seconding.

DumbRodent
Jan 15, 2013

Heart Thumping Field Trip
BIG PANIC?

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Average Boy
Mingling with the group
Earn my trust

Yes. Thirding this.

This fangame seems pretty neat so far. Really curious about how the story will get changed up by the PC.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015

Heavy Sigh posted:

Our name is Lucia Zeppeli, transplanted branch member of the Zeppeli family. Nicknamed Lu by our friends, and we look like a fairly average girl. We like to mingle with our friends as much as possible, but trust is something to be earned with us.

Now as for our personality: We're cheerful for the most part, pretty nosey, even when we shouldn't be, but we like to believe everyone's got some good in them. We try to help out others when we can, but screwing up is not something we let slide without a dressing down. We also have a gambling problem.

The Zeppeli Tradition must continue!

Adlai Stevenson
Mar 4, 2010

Making me ashamed to feel the way that I do

Heavy Sigh posted:

I love the Bowie suggestion but I like having a Zeppeli a little bit more.

Alpha3KV
Mar 30, 2011

Quex Chest

Heavy Sigh posted:

I'm also throwing in my support for another Zeppeli.

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

Heavy Sigh posted:

If you can't trust a Zeppeli, who can you trust?

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

Heavy Sigh posted:

Our name is Lucia Zeppeli, transplanted branch member of the Zeppeli family. Nicknamed Lu by our friends, and we are a girl.

I can get behind this part, but I like the short character design more. As for the questions, we like to mingle with the group and our trust depends on the situation.
As for personality, seeing as how we're a Jojo character, we should be the smuggest rear end in a top hat possible.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Surprised no one has suggested the chubby guy.

8_Escape
Dec 26, 2013

Heavy Sigh posted:

I support the Zeppeli!

fit em all up in there
Oct 10, 2006

Violencia

A name
Ian Kilmister
A nickname (Optional)
Lemmy
A catchphrase (Optional)
Live to win !
Boy or Girl
Boy
Average, Distinctive, Short, or Chubby
Distinctive
Mingling with the group
Earn my trust

Expect My Mom
Nov 18, 2013

by Smythe
I'm not creative enough for a name, but ya'll not picking the distinctive girl or boy is loving up bad.

Mingling with the group
depends on the situation

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

When I saw the thread, I thought this was going to be an LP of the story mode of the PS1 game. That was where I first got into the series way back in the day. This is definitely cool too though.

Average Boy
Mingling with the group
Earn my trust

#TeamZiggy

Also, a lot of those assets appear to be stolen from the Final Fantasy Legend games on the Game Boy. Was that first in-game sprite of Speedwagon actually in the game? Because it is DEFINITELY from Legend 1. It's the sprite of a very important character that gives you tips throughout the game, then in the end is revealed to be GOD, who you have to fight as the final boss

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

So here's the Stands introduced so far because the game doesn't really show them besides Magician's Red -

Star Platinum, Jotaro's meat-and-potatoes punch ghost:

Magician's Red, Abdul's "I have found the only way to defeat [X] is TO BURN IT" fire ghost chicken:

Hermit Purple, Joseph's psychic vines that aren't all that great at being psychic:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Star Platinum wasn't actually named yet, but eh, I had it has the portrait filename so nbd.

Dr. Snark
Oct 15, 2012

I'M SORRY, OK!? I admit I've made some mistakes, and Jones has clearly paid for them.
But ma'am! Jones' only crime was looking at the wrong files!
I beg of you, don't ship away Jones, he has a wife and kids!

-United Nations Intelligence Service

The 7th Stand user is a really really good game and I'm glad that it's getting LP'd. And now this is making me want to go back to my playthrough...

Anyway, going to jump on the Bowie :bandwagon:

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Average Boy
Mingling with the group
Earn my trust

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

I'm not too confident this game can be lp'd without spoilers from other parts, especially depending on how indepth you want to get on the other playthroughs. We've already even had a cameo from a part 4 character in the first update!

But once character creation is over this really kicks off when it's not Part 3 Verbatim

My choices

Name: Speewagon

Nickname: Dongs

Chubby Girl (Did they add that recently? I don't remember her as an option)

Cathcphrase: the poo poo?

3. Off in my own place
2. I make them earn my trust

Archtype: Inverted, hates everyone she comes across but is crushing super hard on Kakyoin

edit: I love the banner art

Sinners Sandwich fucked around with this message at 06:47 on Feb 14, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Average Boy
Mingling with the group
Earn my trust

I'm going to go with Bowie, there's no Stand in the game that really fits the Killmaster, but I can think of one for Bowie.

Though really... if we're doing this right There should be more than one protagonist choice

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Sinners Sandwich posted:

I'm not too confident this game can be lp'd without spoilers from other parts, especially depending on how indepth you want to get on the other playthroughs. We've already even had a cameo from a part 4 character in the first update!

Well, of course there are going to be some spoilers, but I just don't want the entire discussion to be consumed by post-Part 3 talk, is all.

And I'm only doing one playthrough. This is not a 100% LP, are you loving kidding? I'm just one man.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, of course there are going to be some spoilers, but I just don't want the entire discussion to be consumed by post-Part 3 talk, is all.

And I'm only doing one playthrough. This is not a 100% LP, are you loving kidding? I'm just one man.

Well if I had the time I would show off the stuff missed, but unfortunately...

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also, I haven't played this game a whole lot, so I'm not what you'd call an expert. I expect to be surprised by some stuff as well.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
I have only one request:

Bodytype: Chubby

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Average Boy
Catchphrase: CHANGES!
Mingling with the group
Earn my trust

The Only True Choice.

Scrap Dragon
Oct 6, 2013

SECRET TECHNIQUE:
DARK SHADOW
BLACK FALLEN ANGEL!

Heavy Sigh posted:

Gotta go with this

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Alright, here's something for a chubby 7th Stand

Name - Fatboy
Nickname - Slim
Chubby Boy
Right in the Center
Depends on circumstances

Still blanking on general personality, sorry.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Name - Fatboy
Nickname - Slim
Chubby Boy
Right in the Center
Depends on circumstances

This is tremendous.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

Zanzibar Ham posted:

Name - Fatboy
Nickname - Slim
Chubby Boy
Right in the Center
Depends on circumstances

Here's why I wouldn't go for that.

Because Slim Shady isn't a Stand in this

quote:

Slim Shady is a short range speed stand similar to Alessi’s stand, Sethan. Slim has control over the shadows in its user’s vicinity, allowing it to control those things. If it’s a person, object, or whatever else, with a shadow, Shady can mess with it. It can throw the shadow of a chair, and that object will be flung across a room, for example. Slim also has two mini-shadows named (by us working on the game) as Stan (left) and 8 Mile (right). These two add a bit of a wider reach for Slim. Slim can also pull its user into itself to protect them from injury, but Slim itself is still susceptible to damage. It makes the user harder to hit and effectively removes them from sight, but getting hit is still a possibility.
Downsides to Slim is its range, which is short. It can only barely extend past its user, for example. It is also much less accurate in darker environments, as shadows will be much harder to find.

Onmi fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Feb 14, 2016

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Never change Jojo, Never change. :allears:

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty
Dammit, I only know just enough about Jojo (that is to say, barely anything beyond the concept) so that I never know if something is official or fan created.

dscruffy1
Nov 22, 2007

Look out!
Nap Ghost
I thought Battle Tendency was better than Stardust Crusaders. There, I said it.

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

dscruffy1 posted:

I thought Battle Tendency was better than Stardust Crusaders. There, I said it.

I agree, but stands are cooler than Hamon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Are you going to be posting music? I was rather interested to see what the combat music sounded like.

• Locked thread