Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!
Unfortunately for Devo, the rule about Stands bound to objects not passing damage to the User hadn't been made yet. Oops.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Unfortunately for Devo, the rule about Stands bound to objects not passing damage to the User hadn't been made yet. Oops.

Arguably, he could be an exception to that rule because of how his Stand's power works - the more damage Devo suffers, the more powerful his Stand becomes against the person who hurt him. Hurting the Stand by damaging the object it's bound to passes the damage on to Devo, which in turn empowers the Stand even further... though that runs the risk of Devo getting killed before he can leverage that increased power against his target.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Waffleman_ posted:

Akane is better for him anyway!

This joke did not go unnoticed.

How the hell did they hide/dispose of the bellboy's body. Bloodstains aren't going to come out that easily.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Level Seven posted:

How the hell did they hide/dispose of the bellboy's body. Bloodstains aren't going to come out that easily.

Answer: They didn't.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

In the manga, the doll literally just slices his face off like he's carving a ham. No bones or anything, it's hosed up.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

There's a lot of hosed up gore and horrible dog deaths in this part, game tones it down somewhat (mainly due to it's GB-quality graphics).

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Level Seven posted:

The anime added a scene of Polnareff getting arrested due to the circumstances, though the SWF sent an attorney to represent him.

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

Robindaybird posted:

There's a lot of hosed up gore and horrible dog deaths in this part, game tones it down somewhat (mainly due to it's GB-quality graphics).

In general, never be a dog in Jojo. Or a bystander. Especially a woman bystander. :staredog:

It gets better or at least mixed up later on, though.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
...though you'd think of all the stands, Devil is the one least likely to take out a bystander.

Then again Devo probably just has a deep-seated anger at the world in general.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I think Araki stated somewhere that deliberately hurting a dog is something only truly evil people do, so that's why he tends to show terrible poo poo happening to them, but the staggering number suggests some deep-set issues.

Alopex
May 31, 2012

This is the sleeve I have chosen.
Truly evil people, and birds.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Dio kills a cat, is that better or worse

Kurui Reiten
Apr 24, 2010

Dio is the MOST evil. So, worse.

Also he kicks a human headed dog in half at one point too, so he's like, double terrible.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat
Special Jojo Update #4: ONLY THE RESULT IS WHAT MATTERS!

So....now what?

Now we get some rest, hopefully.

Right. Do you think we should check on Polnareff?

I'm sure he'll be fine.

Yeah, in that case I'm off to my room.

???: If you wish... I can skip to after Polnareff has defeated Devo.

Yeah sure...wait-

Imagine some kind of Telephone noise here.

: "A new Stand user has appeared inside the hotel! He sounds like a dangerous enemy, too. Let's meet in my room and formulate a plan."

...?

Also imagine a Door Noise.

"Do you know of this Devo the Cursed, Abdul?"

: "Yes, I do... He's an American-Indian witch doctor who makes his living as a hitman."

So does he continue doing witch doctor stuff as a side job, or is it just a title by now?

"He has quite the reputation... He's been hired by the mafia, armies, and government officials the world over."

I wonder what his going rate is.

"I met him face-to-face once in fact... He was covered in scars, some that he'd inflicted himself and some he'd let the enemy inflict."

Has to be something pretty high, like maybe a half mil?

"Once damage is dealt; he uses the power of his grudge to power up his Stand, making it look like his victims were cursed to death to the layman."

”And if Polnareff were to fall for it?"

"It wouldn't be pretty..."

”What kind of Stand is it? What's it do?"

"No-one knows for sure... All those who have seen it died soon after."

If we have no way of planning around it, where does that leave us?

"Alone, Polnareff's in grave danger... As are we!"

”But could he truly take all of us on at once...?

Given that everyone almost died to an old man and a fly, probably.

"Let's all wait here for now. Polnareff will come in 5 minutes."

Imagine a great Door Noise here.

: "Oh, Polnareff's here!"

"You're late, Polnareff!”

: “ …....."

"All right; everyone! I know we're in a hurry, but let's go over what we're gonna do if Devo attacks us!"

: “ …...........Man, I'm tired..."

If you listen close, you can hear an amazing THUMP while you read this!

"Polnareff!?"

So yeah, if you don't feel like fighting Devo, you don't actually have to. Just walk into someone else's room and skip it!

If you do choose someone other than Pol to hang out with, all you do to trigger the fight is enter Polnareff's room. Bringing literally anyone but Jotaro makes the fight a complete joke, as Ebony Devil's L and M distances don't save him from anyone with a ranged attack. Jotaro just makes the fight like Polnareff's, but with more punching.

Next time:

Section Z
Oct 1, 2008

Wait, this is the Moon.
How did I even get here?

Pillbug

Heavy Sigh posted:

Next time:

Kakyoin HATES Tetris shirts.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
Just the one shape, tho

W.T. Fits
Apr 21, 2010

Ready to Poyozo Dance all over your face.

Rama of Ra posted:

Just the one shape, tho

Exactly.

Level Seven
Feb 14, 2013

Wubba dubba dubba
that blew.

Megamarm

Section Z posted:

Kakyoin HATES Tetris shirts.

Alternatively, the start of a bizarre wrestling career.

Rama of Ra
Sep 7, 2005
~Where's Sitka? Right about the middle of your thumb.~
No, that's Phantom Blood ep. 1

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

No update this week due to the power of my Stand 「Graduation」

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

That's....Good, right? I'm gonna say that's good, so...congrats?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I am training very hard by beating up bunny girls in this hotel for half an hour at a time.

This is the part where the game stops messing around, so I'm doing some off-camera grinding before I record. Update this week.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Waffleman_ posted:

I am training very hard by beating up bunny girls in this hotel for half an hour at a time.

Is... is that a euphemism for something?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Schwarzwald posted:

Is... is that a euphemism for something?

Well, they're an enemy Stand.

Plus, they attacked first.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

If you can conceive it, it's probably an enemy Stand.

If you can't conceive it, it's definitely an enemy Stand.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

those things are ridiculously good for grinding characters that kind are lagging at this point (i.e: Basically everyone not Jotaro or Protagonist).

Robindaybird fucked around with this message at 21:35 on Jun 2, 2016

Dr Pepper
Feb 4, 2012

Don't like it? well...

Please tell me our italian Mary Sue can romance a Joestar. :allears:

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I just did a recording of the bonus bosses and OBS didn't get the video lol.

Edit: Everything but the next story bit is recorded. The sound is a bit off for some reason, but whatever, I can't upload videos right now anyway.

Good thing I've got multiple saves. Guess I can take this second chance to bump up Polnareff and Abdul a bit.

Dr Pepper posted:

Please tell me our italian Mary Sue can romance a Joestar. :allears:

They do say Stand users are drawn together by a certain gravity.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 03:34 on Jun 3, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Tomorrow on Seventh Stand User:

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

That's a cable car, by the way.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I think that Stand also has the same sprite as a wall of fire.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Also it may be tomorrow or Sunday, I have an early long shift at work tomorrow, and it depends on how much of the update I feel like writing after it.

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

*10 days later*
Man that must be one hell of a shift.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm sorry, stuff's been getting in the way. I'll have it soon. after our internet data rolls over at the end of the month. Sorry, we're bumping up. I'll keep recording and build up a couple updates during.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jun 14, 2016

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hey, I decided to try this game out based on the thread. My "honest answers" Stand was The Joykiller, but The Specials are by far my favorite band among the stands, so that's what I gamed the system to get (though The Pixies, Sonic Youth, Adam Ant, Deep Purple, The Carpenters, and The Cardigans are also really good, can't comment on the others). Luckily, the accompanying horoscope was still decently descriptive of me, minus the "taciturn and mature" bit. Looking forward to seeing where this goes. I'll admit, I kinda lost interest in Stardust Crusaders midway through (before you rise as one to slay me, yes, I'm thinking of trying it again, a lot of the fatigue came from the obnoxious ads on Crunchyroll), so this will all be a surprise for me.

EDIT: Just swapped the linked song to Lonely Crowd, since that's an attack The Specials learn (very early, mind you, wouldn't spoil any late-game surprises).

EclecticTastes fucked around with this message at 14:27 on Jun 14, 2016

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

I wish there was a Blue Öyster Cult Stand. Both because I love the band and because I'd like to see what they would've done with the name.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

A different person on Tumblr is making a 7SU2 based on Diamond is Unbreakable, incidentally. They came up with new Stands as well.

I don't know if that oyster band is one of the ones covered, though.

yeah actually they will
Aug 18, 2012

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

A different person on Tumblr is making a 7SU2 based on Diamond is Unbreakable, incidentally. They came up with new Stands as well.

I don't know if that oyster band is one of the ones covered, though.

thats a nope

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

I'd say that's a shame, but there's still a ton of wonderful insanity. :allears:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
Hey, didn't see it brought up, but on the subject of differences between Stands, The Specials can talk to you. Like, in that first scene, there's no mysterious visage when Steel's talking about your Stand, Agent 1 just straight-up introduces himself to you. The Agents get dialog during the game, as well, it's pretty rad, and shows how much work went into the writing.

• Locked thread