Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~
Your lovely shrine maiden fox wife, Tamamo no Mae, is here to help!

EclecticTastes posted:

Hey, didn't see it brought up, but on the subject of differences between Stands, The Specials can talk to you. Like, in that first scene, there's no mysterious visage when Steel's talking about your Stand, Agent 1 just straight-up introduces himself to you. The Agents get dialog during the game, as well, it's pretty rad, and shows how much work went into the writing.

As a guy who also gamed the system to get Specials, I can assure you they are positively delightful. They don't speak much, but when they do it's always good, and they're pretty good in battle as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

serefin99 posted:

As a guy who also gamed the system to get Specials, I can assure you they are positively delightful. They don't speak much, but when they do it's always good, and they're pretty good in battle as well.

I have so far been very pleased with my decision, though I've yet to get any of the random hotel stay moves, despite save scumming a bit. I'm kinda feeling unsure if I'm even doing it right, if maybe there's some secondary requirement the Wiki didn't list, so I'm waiting until I have more FP with everyone.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I'm really digging those Stands, it's a hard pick, but I feel like as a metalhead I'd probably should gun for Motorhead first.

I admit, I'm one of those people who didn't like Part 3 as much as I liked Part 2 and 4 - I just found Jotaro just too unlikeable as a main protagonist, though weirdly despite not really changing the script, this game makes him more tolerable.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

Robindaybird posted:

I'm really digging those Stands, it's a hard pick, but I feel like as a metalhead I'd probably should gun for Motorhead first.

I admit, I'm one of those people who didn't like Part 3 as much as I liked Part 2 and 4 - I just found Jotaro just too unlikeable as a main protagonist, though weirdly despite not really changing the script, this game makes him more tolerable.

I'm gonna echo this sentiment, minus the bit about part 4. I liked Phantom Blood and Battle Tendency, but Stardust Crusaders just didn't do it for me, though this game is doing a lot to warm me up to it.

By the way, since there's basically no in-depth info about the game (including on its own wiki), I figured I'd ask here and see if anyone who's played the game more than me knows, does Joseph suffer any permanent penalty for using Deep Pass Overdrive, or is it just the need to revive him and level him back up?

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!
Does anyone consider Part 3 to be their favorite? Everyone I've heard talk about comparisons always says it's not as good as 2 or 4.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

Apparently Jotaro and Part 3 is super popular in Japan - and Part 3 pretty much spawn the majority of Jojo Memes, but not as popular in the West

Joseph I feel like ended up being one of the most popular protagonists in the west because Roguish protagonists are pretty well-loved (look at anyone Harrison Ford played in the 80s)

ChaceRider
Aug 16, 2009

and above all else, be kind
Breaking my years-long "just read don't post" habit here to pop in and say that I'm not sure whether I should thank you or curse you for introducing me to this game -- I've played through it five? six? times now, and it's been a blast. (Okay, seven if you count the Disc route. Okay, another few if you count the secret-happy-end-but-not-really ends. Okay, I might have a problem.) Looking forward to seeing how Lucia goes; Sonic Youth works oddly well for a Zeppeli.

On the subject of Part 3: I have a soft spot for Jotaro oddly enough (I think it's mostly just that I enjoy imagining what his internal monologues must be like, that and he has some drat good bluffs when he tries), but Part 3's definitely the one part I'm pretty much never going to rewatch, in spite of enjoying this game as much as I do. I can't speak for others, but at least for me it's mostly the humor of Part 3 that throws me off -- or rather, the attempts at it that just end up being painfully awkward to me. It's possibly/probably a culture thing, but there's way too many jokes that go on too long and just make me groan; other parts are better about that in my experience. :shrug:

EclecticTastes posted:

I have so far been very pleased with my decision, though I've yet to get any of the random hotel stay moves, despite save scumming a bit. I'm kinda feeling unsure if I'm even doing it right, if maybe there's some secondary requirement the Wiki didn't list, so I'm waiting until I have more FP with everyone.
Dunno whether you've had any luck with this yet, but as I recall you need to be at least level 30 to get those. I'm not sure on FP requirements, but my first run got a thing with Joseph when he couldn't have had more than 10FP, probably more like 8. I will say from my own experience with Specials that getting those to trigger can be incredibly annoying, particularly with party members who have a lot of other events -- Jotaro and Kakyoin were the roughest for me (though I was trying it in Cairo, which I think must have the most of those events that can trigger, logically speaking). Good luck!

ChaceRider fucked around with this message at 15:12 on Jun 16, 2016

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.

Solitair posted:

Does anyone consider Part 3 to be their favorite? Everyone I've heard talk about comparisons always says it's not as good as 2 or 4.

I do, I feel it's far better than Part 2 and I like Part 2.

I mean Part 7 is insane in quality, but I find it hard to quantify "Best Jojo Part"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Token Fembot posted:

Breaking my years-long "just read don't post" habit here to pop in and say that I'm not sure whether I should thank you or curse you for introducing me to this game -- I've played through it five? six? times now, and it's been a blast. (Okay, seven if you count the Disc route. Okay, another few if you count the secret-happy-end-but-not-really ends. Okay, I might have a problem.) Looking forward to seeing how Lucia goes; Sonic Youth works oddly well for a Zeppeli.

Aw shux. Thanks for that. That was the intention, and why I'm not showing absolutely everything off in the main runthrough.

Now, the question is whether I've turned someone on to Jojo in general.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

It got me to actually sit down and finish watching it. This is not the series to start with if you had recently lost a pet dog.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Token Fembot posted:

Breaking my years-long "just read don't post" habit here to pop in and say that I'm not sure whether I should thank you or curse you for introducing me to this game -- I've played through it five?
Dunno whether you've had any luck with this yet, but as I recall you need to be at least level 30 to get those. I'm not sure on FP requirements, but my first run got a thing with Joseph when he couldn't have had more than 10FP, probably more like 8. I will say from my own experience with Specials that getting those to trigger can be incredibly annoying, particularly with party members who have a lot of other events -- Jotaro and Kakyoin were the roughest for me (though I was trying it in Cairo, which I think must have the most of those events that can trigger, logically speaking). Good luck!

I've managed to get all of them, the wiki states the probability as 1/48 for most of the cast (1/24 for Iggy).

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Waffleman_ posted:

Aw shux. Thanks for that. That was the intention, and why I'm not showing absolutely everything off in the main runthrough.

Now, the question is whether I've turned someone on to Jojo in general.

I don't know if this would count as turning me on to Jojo in general, but I know this game was the last push I needed to finally start watching the anime. And yes, I've been playing the game without having watched the anime. Insult me at your leisure.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

serefin99 posted:

I don't know if this would count as turning me on to Jojo in general, but I know this game was the last push I needed to finally start watching the anime. And yes, I've been playing the game without having watched the anime. Insult me at your leisure.

This is partly the case for me, as well. I watched up through Battle Tendency a while ago, but 7SU (and by extension, this LP) has convinced me to give Stardust Crusaders (and thus, the parts after it, as well) another chance, so that's something.

Solitair
Feb 18, 2014

TODAY'S GONNA BE A GOOD MOTHERFUCKIN' DAY!!!

serefin99 posted:

My last push was hearing that "Roundabout" by Yes, one of my favorite songs from childhood, was the end credits theme of season one. Before then, I had already brainstormed the concept for an OC Stand without watching or reading any JoJo.

SuccinctAndPunchy
Mar 29, 2013

People are supposed to get hurt by things. It's fucked up to not. It's not good for you.
I haven't read/watched Stardust Crusaders (watched part 1 and like half of Part 2 and that was it) so I feel like I'm missing a trick but this game seems pretty goddamn cool. I'm kinda surprised at how natural the player self-insert comes across, it's a lot of fun to read. I'm kinda thrown by the black and white graphics though, it's a bit rough on the eyes not gonna lie.

Still, quality thread so far, very interested to see where this is going.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022

Solitair posted:

It's one of my favorite parts of the series up with Part 4 and 7. There's a lot I like about it, but it might also be because I just feel like it's a nice stylish old series that does a lot of things I enjoy about ongoing fiction and just shonen stuff.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Just popping in to say that I am going to try to have the next update up next week. Stuff's calmed down and I have a nice block of days off work to sit down and work. I apologize and thank you for understanding and being patient.

Sordas Volantyr
Jan 11, 2015

Now, everybody, walk like a Jekhar.

(God, these running animations are terrible.)
I don't think a week is the span of time that Waffleman thinks it is.

Heavy Sigh
Nov 13, 2011

They've planted corn everywhere.

Soiled Meat

Sordas Volantyr posted:

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Sordas Volantyr posted:

This can only be the work of an enemy Stand!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Ah I went and lied again!

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alright, I finally have the text of the update done and can 100% promise it's going up tomorrow, no lies this time.

Captain Baal
Oct 23, 2010

I Failed At Anime 2022
I'm the palm tree.

serefin99
Apr 15, 2016

Mikoooon~

Waffleman_ posted:

Alright, I finally have the text of the update done and can 100% promise it's going up tomorrow, no lies this time.

Best news I've heard all day! Though I'm curious how many people are still waiting for updates and how many went ahead and started playing the game themselves. I know I'm part of the latter.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm really sorry, life just happened, and once you stop it's almost impossible to get started again. Although, in a way, if I got people to play the game, that's a success on my part.

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Aug 11, 2016

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

I'm way ahead of it, but kind of ragequit at one part, and waiting to figure out how not to pull my hair out over it.

gently caress Mariah

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Episode 9: A Yellow Submarine

Welcome to Singapore proper! Enemy roundup time! A thing to note is that this is when the kid gloves start coming off in enemy encounters. Before this, I was fine simply spamming my regular attacks for a couple turns and having that be it. No doing here. The enemies are tougher and hit harder, so you're going to have to start breaking out your techs here. It's not that much harder when you get a hang of it, though. You're simply going to have to change your tactics. SP management is also vital. As for the others, they're just in their rooms, and Anne can tell you which room they're in. No reason to show it off.

Wicked Masters were a random encounter at the Harbor that I couldn't trigger, but they're basically upgraded Martial Artists.

Zombies only appear in shaded areas and can drain your HP to heal their own. Joseph's Ripple attacks can be useful against them.

Assassins appear in random encounters as groups of 3. They can be pretty tough in this form, so it may be wise to simply avoid them until you're a higher level. If you have instant-death attacks, they work well, too.

Murderdoll Lv. 3 is the next step in the Murderdoll line, and appear in groups of three. They're weak to ice and water, and though they're intimidating at first, they were my main go-to for grinding, especially since there's a location with a bunch of them at once. (I'll go into that later.)

Murderdoll Lv. 4 is the NEXT next step in the Murderdoll line, and always appears with a single Assassin. They're also vulnerable to ice and water, and they may also be a challenge if you're a lower level. Additionally, if you did not defeat Kate on the Ghost Ship, you would also find groups of Green Hornets in Singapore.

Utah! It's really good to see you again!

What are you doing in Singapore?

....Uhh...

?...

Stay away...

VS. Zombie Utah (Video coming someday)

Ahhh... ugh... Beware... the Slaves...

Utah is a zombie now! He is also not very tough if you've leveled up a bit. Be sure to bring Joseph. That ripple comes in handy!

Don't...join...the slaves...to fate...

That...that was a zombie! Don't tell me that Dio...

Utah...Let's not dwell on it.

What a weird man.

Sorry...I haven't.

Girl: O-Oh...

Did you drop it somewhere, Miss?

Girl: Yes...My passport was in it, too...

”I see...Heh heh, never fear! I, Joseph Joestar, will retrieve it!"

Girl: Huh?

Joseph used Hermit Purple to locate the bag!

Hmmm...I think it's in the woods over there.

Girl: Oh! I found it! Here it is!

Heh heh...all in a day's work! Careful not to lose it again, okay?

It's wonderful how we're willing to use our Stands to help people instead of just fighting.

Oh? That just makes me curious!

VS. Shocking Blue (Video eventually)

Shocking Blue is accompanied by two Spirits. He can bind you, but other than that, he's weak to Ice and Water and not a big deal.

I suppose there are Stands everywhere!

Shopkeep: Aiyo! Here you are!

Aw, grazie, Polnareff!

Merci! I'll just set my bags here while I drink it...Hup!

Policeman: Hey, freak! Stop! Stop right there!

Huh? Are you talking to me?

Policeman: Who told you you could throw your trash here!? Littering is a 40,000 dollar fine! We've gut laws againat thia sort of thing here in Singapore! Got it!?

(pffft...)

Excuse me? The only thing I see here is my luggage! Where's the trash, huh!? Why doh't you tell me where the trash is!?

Hey, are you listening? Where's the trash?!

Well, that was quite humorous. Why don't we stop by the convenience store and get some supplies for the next leg of the journey?

Oh, that reminds me, I'm out of hair gel! I'll have to come back and buy some.

Why not just buy it now?

Well...I forgot my wallet! Heh..

Hmm...

Have you seen this man's hair? He needs a constant supply of product at all times and we can't risk letting him forget.

I'll just buy it for you. I don't want to make another trip.

Wow are youu sure? I'll have to pay you back when we get to the hotel.

Nah, don't worry about it. It's not like it's expensive.

No, I insist! It's the principle of the thing! Here, take this in exchange.

He gives us some Dark Pink Rouge!

...Rouge? Why did you have this?

Oh, it's a big-ticket item in France now! I was hoping to give it to a cute girl as a present.

Well, aren't YOU thoughtful?

That's enough of this silly man. Let's go check out the cable cars with Abdul.

Puppy!

Huh...? There's something on its mouth.

"Oh, you mean this muzzle? In Singapore, there's a law that aggressive dogs must wear them.

Hahaha...you're quite sensitive, aren't you? But it might hurt itself or other dogs without it, so it's really the most effective way.

I see...

...Actually, I know a dog that could use one of those...

What?

Nothing, just thinking aloud.

There's a weird lady in this alley...

Dun't worry, it isn't bad news. I just need you to quit this journey immediately, Lucia.

Sc-Scuzi?

You don't belong in this world...You risk upsetting the balance of the universe this way.

N-No way! We have to save Signora Kujo!

I see... Then I suppose it ncomes to this. I apologize, but I must kill you.

VS. Vins (Video? Maybe.)

"Human beings are just pawns of fate. Those who go against fate risk upsetting the balance of things...You are not of this world...You're not supposed to be here...I must make things right!

After your first attack, Vins will summon her Stand, Hanoi Rocks. Vins won't actually attack you herself, just buff Hanoi Rocks's low defense. Hanoi Rocks can hit pretty hard, too. Focus on Vins, she has far less health.

...At this rate, this story...No, fate will go off—course...People are happiest when they follow their destined path. Continue on this journey, and fate will became muddled, claiming lives that weren't meant to end in its wrath! Next time we meet, I WILL kill you, Lucia...

She got away! Do you know her, Lucia? She did say your name...

No, I didn't recognize her...How DID she know my name...?

Maybe we should head back to the hotel and rest...

On the 12th floor, there's a whole bunch of Murderdoll 3s! This is probably gonna be your main grinding grounds since these guys are easy enough to get rid of. But who's the guy at the end? Well, if we talk to him...

VS Joey (VIDEO EVENTUALLY)

It's nice of you to come all the way from Japan! "Domo Arigato!" Actually, I followed you here all the way from Japan, too.

Oh but I can't harm your pretty face...I'll have to make this quick! C'mon li'l Lucia!

ANOTHER doll Stand? Great...

How dare you compare that ugly Stand to my darlings!

Joey's not tough by himself. Most of the offense in this battle will be from the Murderdolls, with Joey healing, buffing, and reviving them. Joey is weak to Electric and Light and all-target attacks are useful here. Once Joey's HP is down to a certain level, the Murderdolls will become confused, with victory near at hand.

Joey vanished into thin air! It was just a doll all along...

You could actually beat Joey before Ebony Devil, but all the Murderdoll 3s disappear when he's beaten and I didn't wanna pass up the grinding.

Now that that's taken care of, the streets might be a bit safer. I think Jotaro wanted to go to a convenience store.

Roger. I'll just wait here.

A roustabout approaches!

Muscular Man: Hey, young lady...Wanna hit the town with me?

What? I'm waiting on a friend right now.

Muscular Man: You mean the kid whe went into the store just now? He your boyfriend or somethinf? C'mon, you'll have way more fun with me!

H-Hey! Let go!

THIS IS NOT A GOOD TOUCH!

Muscular Man: Heh heh heh...Lighten up! I'll show you around Singapore!

Knock it off...!!

NO MEANS NO!

Muscular Man: Oh, it's your little boyfriend...so if I humiliate this kid, you'll be a good girl and come with me, right?

J-Jotaro!

Hmph... Lucia. I can take this guy. There's no need to bring Stands into this.

Muscular Man: You think you're so tough...I'll smash your face in!

...What a pain. I dunno what your problem is, but you picked a fight with the wrong person. I guess you could be working for Dio...Nah, you look way too pathetic. I'll go easy on you.

....Give me a @#$% break.

Let's go get some coffee with Kakyoin, who I kinda forgot existed here until the last minute and he's a bit underleveled now lol.

Kopi? What's that?

Oh, it'S Singaporean coffee! They put condensed milk in it, so it's super sweet. Would you like me to buy you a cup? By the way, Lucia, how do you usually take your coffee?

Of course the sweet Lucia would like it super sweet!

Uh, really? Well, if you say so...In that case, you want Kopi.

If you're a girl, Kakyoin will order what you say, and if you're a dude, he'll prank you and order the opposite. Either way, you get an FP.

Shopkeeper: Sure! Here you go!

Drank the Kopi!

Agh...too sweet...

Grazie, Kakyoin. You're a wonderful tour guide...bleh...

...Mm. This is really good coffee. Well, shall we be going? Oh no, don't take your wallet out. I'm the one who ordered it in the first place, so let me pay.

And be going we shall! Let's leave Singapore! Anne will ask us to confirm, but yes, we need to get out of here.

But will he give us a @#$% break?

But it goes both ways, Dio! We'll do the same to him

I'll go buy a camera.

Oh no you don't! I don't need a camera to use my spirit photography!

Er...come again?

Joseph's Hermit Purple attached itself to the TV and started changing the channels!

TV: This week's 3rd place video is up 5 places from last week! *click* Hey, Doraecat!

You're changing the channels...now what?

I'm trying to arrange the words on television into a sentence! So it's not spirit PHOTOGRAPHY, per se...

TV: There's--a--

Here we go! It said "there's a..."

TV: --traitor--in--your--midst--

Wait...did it just say...

I heard it too...It sounded like it said "There's a traitor in our midst!"

TV: Be--ware--Ka--kyo--in!! He's--working--for--Dio!!

Kakyoin? Did it just say Kakyoin?!

That's impossible! Kakyoin?! Working for Dio?!

Both: ?!

Dio?!

poo poo, he found us! Get back!

He sensed what we were doing...

But...but how?!

But my Stand...It said that Kakyoin is a traitor! He could be Dio's agent!"

That can't be true! We already removed the flesh bud...and he took down the bug Stand on the plane! And now you're saying he's a traitor?!

I can't say for sure...I trust Kakyoin! I'm sure there's an explanation! But if he really is Dio's Trojan horse, he might be waiting for the right moment to make a move...Say...Where is Kakyoin?

He's with Jotaro! I think they were out buying tickets to India...

Meanwhile, Jotaro and Lucia...

First we'll need some food for the trip.

And then we get the opportunity to buy some food, you don't wanna see it it's boring.

I'm gonna go buy some juice from the machine.

And then it's a vending machine.

What a pain...Let's take a break.

4 bucks? What a ripoff! I'll give you 2.

Shopkeep: It's 100% natural! Fresh off the tree! And when you open it up...Check it! It's full of juice! It's a tropical treat!

...*drool*...

I'll have some. Gimme 4, please.

Oh, saying please! Someone's gotten better about manners!

Shopkeep: Hey, thanks! That'll be 16 dollars

Hey! Don't you mean 8 dollars!?

Thief: Hey, thanks for the walletm, sucker! Outta my way!

Oh no, Kakyoin!

Huh?

...What's up, Kakyoin?

What happened?

Kakyoin!

?!

Wha...?

I'm not gonna take this from some cockroach dick that crawled out of the gutter! How dare you! How dare you touch my wallet with the Same hands you use to wipe your rear end!!

:bahgawd: BAH GAWD!

Thief: *hack!*

"W...woah! It's the Beck Breaker finisher! And the way he's talking...I didn't think he had it in him!

This should teach you!

drat it, Kakyoin...What's gotten into you?

That really hurt...That was completely uncalled for. He stole my wallet! Evil people need to be disciplined! Don't you think so too?

Jo

ta

roooo?

....This @#$%ing guy...

Wow, if looks could kill, I'd be dead now! Come on, lighten up!

Child 2: Beetles?! Where?

Child 1: There! There are 4 there on the tree!

This trip has been getting to me...I'm exhausted! I'm sure you understand. I didn't mean to hurt him that bad, honest.

Exhausted?...You seem fine to me.

.....? Kakyoin, Jojo's gonna walk away without us!

Ah...give me a second...

Wow, you really like that coconut juice, huh?

There's a twig-like thing like a beetle's leg sticking out of Kakyoin's mouth!

*lick, slurp, smack smack, gulp*

Huh?!

Ptooie! What's wrong?

What happened?

Uh...It's nothing...

We get a prompt to save the game here.

Yeah, its the quickest way to the station.

Is that so.

Isn't it wonderful, Lucia?

This gives us a trait that affects some dialogue coming up. I simply answered honestly to myself. Ain't gettin' me in no cable car.

Wow, really? You're afraid of heights?

J-Just a little...

By the way, Jotaro, are you going to eat that cherry? I'm starving!

Go ahead.

Kakyoin gave Jotaro a shove!

Jotaro?!

Eeeek! Jojo!

Nngh...hup!

Kakyoin! What was that for!?

Hahahaha...it was a joke, a joke! C'mon, Jotaro!

It wasn't very funny :< The Muppets are funny, you're not.

Kakyoin grinned and placed the cherry on his tongue...

Screw you I'm not transcribing that.

Rero--ah.

The cherry dropped on the ground in front of Kakyoin with a splat.

(Something isn't right here...)

There's that look again! C'mon, Jotaro! It was just a harmless prank! Don't tell me your skull is so thick that you can't even take a little joke...

Kakyoin picked the cherry up off the ground and put it back in his mouth.

Get on, Kakyoin.

Then I'm going to find out whatever's possessing you to pull this BS...and beat it out of you.

!

Ora!

Kakyoin's jaw fell off!

! What?!?!

Ahh...!

Eeeeeeeek!!

?: Hee hee hee...Close, but no cigar...I'm not "possessed" at all...

(That's...not Kakyoin?!)

Fake You're 6'4"...But I'm even taller than you now!

They big tho.

W-What's this guy's deal...?

Just who are you?! (Is it a Stand? But I was able to punch him with my bare hands...What kind of Stand is this?)

Fake My Stand assimilates organic matter, so it can be seen and touched by normal people! My Stand is the Temperance card! Yellow Temperance! Now!

It's Rubber Soul!

Take a good long look at your right hand, Jotaro! When you punched me with it, part of my Stand attached to you!

!!

A piece of bubbling slime is stuck to Jotaro's right finger!

Let me give you some advice...Don't touch it! It'll stick to your other finger! The same one you use to pick your nose!

Gross.

It'll eat away at your flesh! Then, you'll be assimilated into me, and I'll get even bigger!

D-drat you...

I'll digest you and turn you into poo poo!

Ngh! It...it burns!

drat you!!

Jotaro! The gondola's moving!

SI! SI! SI!

And we fade.

Think you can beat my Stand in such a confined space? Think again, shitheads!

drat it, Lu...I don't remember asking you to follow me here.

Our nickname!

Don't be stupid! I'm not just going to leave you behind! I'm a Stand user too, you know! Besides, his power is useless against my Sonic Youth! He can't attach his Stand to sound waves...I'll blow out his eardrums!

Oh? Are you trying to get to me? You'll never take me down with that infantile Stand! Hee hee hee!

I've had about enough of all this!

Shoot...We've got no choice! Go get him, Lu!

Roger! (...Although this is about the WORST place for me to do it...)

VS Rubber Soul (VIDEO MAYBE?)

Okay, so Rubber Soul starts with extremely high defense, which makes him hard to damage. Jotaro's Star Punch can bypass this, though. He'll also absorb your HP and SP. If you have any one hit KO attacks, those can be effective with his normal form. During the battle, Rubber Soul will transform into different Crusaders, which will allow you to attack and affect the drop you get. Confuse and Berserk are useful in his Jotaro form, which I take advantage of here. If the battle is too hard, you can run from it, with events continuing as they did in the manga.

Only the Stand part of you is invincible. Your Stand is slow as molasses, so attacking the other part is a piece of cake...

I could go for some cake.

Do you understand?

Ah!

You've had your fun. That's nice. Unfortunately, I've got a low tolerance for bullshit.

*wheeze* *wheeze* P...please stop! I can't fight anymore...Please stop punching me! I think my nose is broken...My teeth are falling out...And my chin...I'm definitely gonna need stitches! *wheeze* I'll be in the hospital for 2 months at least! Just let me go! I don't care how much money Dio offered me, this isn't worth it!

Tell me about the other Stand users Dio's sending after us.

I see. You're a good man. Now then...

No, wait! I just remembered! 4 Stand users are coming after you...Death, Emperor, Empress, and the Hanged Man!

I see. So! What are their abilities?

I...I don't know! No, really! I-I actually don't know! A Stand isn't something you can just show off to somebody, even your allies! You can't afford to let anyone know your weak points! Dio was taught about Stands by a witch doctor of some kind...One of the Stand users is her son, J. Geil! The man with two right hands!

His power has something to do with mirrors! I haven't ever seen it in action, but let me tell you...If he takes him on, Polnareff's toast!

So Polnareff's mortal enemy is the Hanged Man...

A Stand that uses mirrors, huh? I wonder what he means...

Got you now!

?!

I'm the same age as Jotaro!

Ugh...that was...stupid of me...

So what if I lost to you in a fair fight? I can snap this kid's neck like a twig! Heh heh...You ready, shitheel?! It's my turn! I'm so lucky they were here...It's tough being a good guy, isn't it?! Once you're dead, Dio's gonna give me 100 million dollars!

Nngh...

Gimme a break. You're so clueless. You really haven't noticed? Your lucky streak ends here. Lady Luck IS smiling on you...but only because she gave you the chance to get away with just a broken nose!

POW!

If you could move it, you would've had it go for my heart or throat instead of my fingers back there...And now you've separated it to go after Lu...But maybe if your stand weren't in pieces, you could swallow me or Lu whole...Close one, huh?

Haha...Just...Just a joke! Just a harmless little joke, Jotaro! J-Just having a little fun with ya! Wacky little prank, that's all that was! You didn't...raally think I waa serious...?

I said it before! You don't look like any Fozzie Bear I know!

C-Come on...You can't possibly beat me up more than you already have...right? I'm heavily injured...My nose is broken...And I'll need stitches...Hahahahahaha....

A heavy pause.

.....I don't even know what to say, you're so pathetic.

So I won't say anything.

By the way, where'd that girl go off to?

She stayed at the train station when we left.

She did say she was meeting her father in Singapore.

Yeah right! She's probably an orphan. Although...it's almost too quiet without her. Don't you think, Jojo?

By the way, she seemed to really like you!

Still, to think that a Stand user was able to disguise himself as one of us...I don't like that at all.

He probably made the switch as soon as we left the hotel.

Di molto!...I can't believe he was able to do it without us noticing.

What is it, Jotaro?

Why'd you jump on the cable car with me? Sure, things turned out all right this time, but if you interfere too much you're gonna get hurt.

You're so harsh, Jotaro! Obviously I'm going to help a friend in need!

...Tch!

By the way, Jojo, are you going to eat that cherry? I don't want to be greedy, but it's my favorite fruit.

Hm? ...Yeah, sure.

Thanks!

*chomp*

Rerorerorerorero...

...Oh, look, Jojo! There are flamingos outside!

....Gimme a break.

Well, at least nothing should separate us again.

Next time: The party splits! I'm talking about the man in the mirror!

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 04:09 on Aug 11, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I TOLD ONE MORE LIE

Also guess now I gotta get the tag changed to

Waffleman_ fucked around with this message at 02:37 on Aug 11, 2016

VolticSurge
Jul 23, 2013

Just your friendly neighborhood photobomb raptor.

Honestly,whenever that scene plays out,I always imagine Rubber Soul being sent hurtling out of the cable car with accompanying sound effect.

Robindaybird
Aug 21, 2007

Neat. Sweet. Petite.

VolticSurge posted:

Honestly,whenever that scene plays out,I always imagine Rubber Soul being sent hurtling out of the cable car with accompanying sound effect.

I was not disappointed in this.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010
Hey hey, this is back again! Good to see you're back in the saddle, Waffleman; I was very much enjoying the LP and it was a sad thing to see it 'die'.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.
The cable cars are actually pretty big - I don't imagine it would be too hard to imagine that you're just in a really wide bus if you don't look out the windows. I seem to remember at least a dozen people per car on the ride to and from Sentosa Island. They always seem to be drawn at the size of Ferris wheel cars, which makes the scene a lot more intense, but cars that size wouldn't sustain the level of traffic the cable cars get.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
So Kakyoin was always that creepy with cherries and Rubber Soul saw him doing it and figured that had to be that dude's gimmick?

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Glazius posted:

So Kakyoin was always that creepy with cherries and Rubber Soul saw him doing it and figured that had to be that dude's gimmick?

I think it's more that the two of them are both weird dudes, independent of one another.

vdate
Oct 25, 2010

EclecticTastes posted:

I think it's more that the two of them are both weird dudes, independent of one another.

One simply hides it better than the other.

ChaceRider
Aug 16, 2009

and above all else, be kind
Yaaay, this is back! Honestly, Sonic Youth has probably my favorite lines (er, line?) during this segment. Can't attach slime to sound waves, loser!
That Jotaro event at the 7-11 can come off as a little weird with certain Stands, though. (I feel like Red Garland's user, in particular, probably would've long since punched the guy.) Then again, I guess you could interpret Jotaro's "I don't think we need to get Stands involved here" as a "hey i see what you were about to do, maybe let's not do this" sort of glare towards the protagonist?
Regardless, good to see this back. We're about to get to one of my favorite segments, I think, so that's exciting!

Robindaybird posted:

I'm way ahead of it, but kind of ragequit at one part, and waiting to figure out how not to pull my hair out over it.

gently caress Mariah

On the subject of that boss, unfortunately I've found that on first playthroughs that one is highly luck-dependent. gently caress any boss that can take away your turns and just murder you if you hit the wrong RNG rolls, yeah. Especially when that loving car can stun you, too. gently caress that car. On NG+ I've had 99% success with just spamming an ultimate move and keeping an eye on health, but oh boy, that first playthrough. If you're lucky you can get them down first try, but if you're unlucky... Yeah, I spent like two hours trying to take them down once. (And then knocked 'em out first try the next day. gently caress RNG.) There might be some killer tactic I never cottoned on to, but sadly the only advice I can give is to be really, really cautious about your health, try to get them burned and take down the extras with hit-all moves if you can, and just keep at it. First Aid Kits were my friend.

ChaceRider fucked around with this message at 15:43 on Aug 12, 2016

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Yeah, that's not gonna be great.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

Waffleman_ posted:

Yeah, that's not gonna be great.

You could always go for the cutscene victory

By the way, are you managing Joseph and Polnareff's FP in order to get the best scene in the game?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I'm really just getting all the FP I can. I started keeping track of it, but dropped off after a couple updates of forgetting.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kelsing
Oct 24, 2010

Did you see that, Zach?
The fight against Rubber Soul & Yellow Temperance is super awesome if you have the Stand Red Garland.

After the fight, whenever you get trapped by Yellow Temperance's last ditch attempt to kill you and Jotaro, you break out of Yellow Temperance's grasp with a double lariat, allowing Jotaro to finish off Rubber Soul. This is a feat that even Jotaro couldn't pull off, due to Yellow Temperance's high durability. This makes Red Garland physically stronger than Star Platinum. Red Garland is loving nuts.

Token Fembot posted:

gently caress any boss that can take away your turns and just murder you if you hit the wrong RNG rolls, yeah. Especially when that loving car can stun you, too. gently caress that car.

I don't envy Waffleman when he gets to that fight.

Kelsing fucked around with this message at 07:14 on Aug 13, 2016

• Locked thread