Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Maybe. It's all midi and the game loves to just change the tempo of songs so I can't tell what's playing at what time and it's just a hassle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

dscruffy1 posted:

I thought Battle Tendency was better than Stardust Crusaders. There, I said it.

Stardust Crusaders is the Phantom Blood of the parts with Stands. Which is to say that it's not bad, but it doesn't have all of the quality attributes that make the other parts so good.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Name: Koko Bernstein
Body: Average Male
Catchphrase: Smoooth
Question 1: Right in the center
Question 2: Trust from outset
Personality: Three things matter to Koko: Friendship, yachting and smooth music that rocks.

This one is perfect due to yacht rock reference and the method of traveling used to get to Egypt. A fitting tribute to koko.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

dscruffy1 posted:

I thought Battle Tendency was better than Stardust Crusaders. There, I said it.

I agree, but while Battle Tendency is nearly flawless it doesn't quite have the same ambition and imagination as Stardust Crusaders.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Heavy Sigh posted:

Oh boy, a Seventh Stand User Thread!

Our name is Lucia Zeppeli, transplanted branch member of the Zeppeli family. Nicknamed Lu by our friends, and we look like a fairly average girl. We like to mingle with our friends as much as possible, but trust is something to be earned with us.

Now as for our personality: We're cheerful for the most part, pretty nosey, even when we shouldn't be, but we like to believe everyone's got some good in them. We try to help out others when we can, but screwing up is not something we let slide without a dressing down. We also have a gambling problem.

I'm pretty much going with this, but we're short instead and our trust depends on the situation.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Name: Koko Bernstein
Personality: Three things matter to Koko: Friendship, yachting and smooth music that rocks.

second

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.

Hobgoblin2099 posted:

Stardust Crusaders is the Phantom Blood of the parts with Stands. Which is to say that it's not bad, but it doesn't have all of the quality attributes that make the other parts so good.

It also has an extremely boring protagonist surrounded by more compelling characters whose daughter is super cool and stylish

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i THINK you might be biased here, but it's true. stardust crusaders jotaro is boring.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jotaro is at his best when he's being a nerd and giving cheesy one liners. But yeah, there's not much to him past that in SC.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
Stardust Jotaro is really good when he's playing off someone more dynamic and/or when he's able to show off his cleverness, but he's terrible when he relies on raw power.

Compare Jotaro exposing Captain Tennille as a stand user versus Jotaro actually fighting Captain Tennille.

Zakrelo
Dec 19, 2015
This game seems really cool, but i've only watched the anime of parts 1, 2, and 3, and want to go into any of other animes (once they come out) as unspoiled as I can be. How big are the spoilers for the other part's in this game?

Jolyne Cujoh
Dec 7, 2012

It's not like I've got no worries...
But I'll be fine.
seventh stand user has a lot of references to other parts but no real overt spoilers for future parts I think.

also I have no idea how I could possibly be biased in my assertion that Jotaro is both boring and a bad dad, very similarly to Johnathan but at least he was a bad dad because he was dead

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Most of the references to later parts in this game you wouldn't realize were references if you weren't familiar with them.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Zakrelo posted:

This game seems really cool, but i've only watched the anime of parts 1, 2, and 3, and want to go into any of other animes (once they come out) as unspoiled as I can be. How big are the spoilers for the other part's in this game?

The majority of references are background things/optional. If anything, I can pretty safely say that we won't be running into major plot spoilers for other parts.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

Doesn't this game outright spoil the ending of part 6? Like not as a background reference or anything, it's a major plot point.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

TWIST FIST posted:

Doesn't this game outright spoil the ending of part 6? Like not as a background reference or anything, it's a major plot point.

Yeah, there is that, but it's not to an extent where the entire part is ruined.

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

I kind of want to see a sequel to this where you're a new resident of Morioh instead and it follows Part 4.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Mr. Fortitude posted:

I kind of want to see a sequel to this where you're a new resident of Morioh instead and it follows Part 4.

This is actually in development! It's not by the same team, but they were given the blessing to use the name.

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
That is in fact where Slim Shady came from.

Other Stands that have been designed are...

The Stand - Short Range Special

Ability: Copying other Stands abilities, small boost in attributes when doing this.

Danger Zone - Mid Range Control

Ability: Control the probability of events within an area of effect.

Velvet Revolver - Long Range Control

Ability: Control emotions with bullets.

Space Oddity - Short Range Control

Ability - Transmit anti-bodies to affect the Target body. Also has Major Tom, the UFO that can remove the effect of gravity from a target.

Light up the Night - Long Range Speed

Ability - Shoot laser beams with its eyes, works better in the dark. It can also create illusions.

Helter Skelter Act 1/2/3 - Speed Type Stand

Act 1 - Summon Fire via Friction
Act 2 - Freeze objects by sapping Heat (Similar to Dio's Vampire powers)
Act 3 - Generate and Control Plasma via the flamethrower.

Ace of Spades - Long Range Power Stand

Ability - Use a deck of poker cards to read the death of a departed spirit and inflict it upon the opponent

Tenacious D - Mid-Range Power Stand

Ability - Deform objects into a goo that can be constructed into an object of equal or smaller size, time is taken to make the object higher quality.

Motorhead - Close Range Power Stand

Ability - Can be worn as power armor or ridden like a motorcycle. Influence over momentum of objects touched and the self.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Man we're going to get the most disappointing stand

Selenephos
Jul 9, 2010

Oh hell yes. I love it when I think up a dream game and someone points out it's actually being made.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Tenacious D. :allears:

Now we just need a Stand called Master Exploder.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

Sinners Sandwich posted:

Man we're going to get the most disappointing stand

Only about half the protagonist stands in this game are at all interesting. I think they were going for Part 3 style stands but unfortunately that doesn't lead to super interesting designs.

Yon
Oct 7, 2003

Just one spice?
Just one spice
Just one spice...

Heavy Sigh posted:

Our name is Lucia Zeppeli, transplanted branch member of the Zeppeli family. Nicknamed Lu by our friends, and we look like a fairly average girl. We like to mingle with our friends as much as possible, but trust is something to be earned with us.

Now as for our personality: We're cheerful for the most part, pretty nosey, even when we shouldn't be, but we like to believe everyone's got some good in them. We try to help out others when we can, but screwing up is not something we let slide without a dressing down. We also have a gambling problem.

Voting for this.

Handuar
Jun 30, 2007

GET IN THE DAMN CRAZY-BUS ARTHUR!

Name: Koko Goldstein

Koko's not truly dead until the smooth music is.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

WrightOfWay posted:

Only about half the protagonist stands in this game are at all interesting. I think they were going for Part 3 style stands but unfortunately that doesn't lead to super interesting designs.

I kind of wish more of the protag Stands had more non-combat uses throughout the game. A couple do but still...

I like the guy doing the Part 4 game designs, some nice little visual references in there. I think The Stand is the one that feels most like an actual Araki design to me.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

Heavy Sigh posted:

This, but we are a distinctive girl. How can you pass up Jolyne's awesome design?

And because Heavy Sigh didn't suggest a catchphrase, I suggest "Dodged that bullet!"

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

All the text entries have a ten character limit.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Waffleman_ posted:

Maybe. It's all midi and the game loves to just change the tempo of songs so I can't tell what's playing at what time and it's just a hassle.

I've not finished the game, so there might be original tracks later on, but everything I've heard so far has been the generic RPG Maker 2000 music

And there's at least one cool player stand in this game, who is my friend, but I'll save it until after we have ours

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

When I saw the thread, I thought this was going to be an LP of the story mode of the PS1 game. That was where I first got into the series way back in the day. This is definitely cool too though.

Name: Bowie
Nickname: Ziggy
Average Boy
Cathcphrase: CHANGES!
Mingling with the group
Earn my trust

This, by the way. Does body type affect anything other than the sprite and portrait?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Raserys posted:

I've not finished the game, so there might be original tracks later on, but everything I've heard so far has been the generic RPG Maker 2000 music

And there's at least one cool player stand in this game, who is my friend, but I'll save it until after we have ours

Yeah, they're not that distinctive and they're not very well-labeled in the game folders, so it's a hassle to figure out which file is playing when, and that's before the tempo and pitch changes the game does.

I can probably do some boss/combat videos to give you a sense of what the game sounds like, though.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

JesterOfAmerica posted:

The Zeppeli Tradition must continue!

It's not a very good tradition to follow in, to be honest.

Tasoth
Dec 13, 2011

dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Waffleman_ posted:

This is actually in development! It's not by the same team, but they were given the blessing to use the name.

:swoon: Holy poo poo really? Part 4's my favorite! This probably isn't the best thread for talking about why, though...

Um, is there some sort of development blog or something you could link to? Having the same name as the previous game makes it hard to search for...

PeaceDiner
Mar 24, 2013

dancingbears posted:

:swoon: Holy poo poo really? Part 4's my favorite! This probably isn't the best thread for talking about why, though...

Um, is there some sort of development blog or something you could link to? Having the same name as the previous game makes it hard to search for...

Here you go.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Note that it's very early into development, and probably won't come out any time soon.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

This is really the only choice. Keep the fire.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Raserys posted:

This, by the way. Does body type affect anything other than the sprite and portrait?

I missed this.

No, it does not.

Well, if you pick Josuke, there is an alternate route that you can take, but that's purely a NG+ thing and will not be relevant to this LP.

Also, counting up the most popular suggestions:

Lucia, the second-to-last daughter of the Zeppelis: 11
Bowie, the Starman: 8
Koko, smoother than velvet: 6

I'll leave it open for a couple more days.

cuntman.net
Mar 1, 2013

I think there might be a few places where it affects dialogue but they're very rare

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Just a note, if it ends up being Lucia, you know I'm gonna pepper as much unnecessary Italian into my narration and her dialogue as possible.

• Locked thread