Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dancingbears
May 10, 2011

You're an idiot,
so start acting
like one.

Waffleman_ posted:

Just a note, if it ends up being Lucia, you know I'm gonna pepper as much unnecessary Italian into my narration and her dialogue as possible.

In that case, throw in another vote for Bowie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Waffleman_ posted:

Just a note, if it ends up being Lucia, you know I'm gonna pepper as much unnecessary Italian into my narration and her dialogue as possible.

That only means I must vote Lucia even more.

Also I must vote that you stop writing Johnathan, because that's not his name. He's Jonathan.

NostalgiaGoggles
Jul 25, 2007
three-time winner of the Upper Class Twit of the Year competition

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Name: Koko Goldstein
Body: Average Male
Catchphrase: Smoooth
Question 1: Right in the center
Question 2: Trust from outset
Personality: Three things matter to Koko: Friendship, yachting and smooth music that rocks.

I stand with Koko. Keep the fire.

Nick Buntline
Dec 20, 2007
Doesn't know the impossible.

TWIST FIST posted:

I think there might be a few places where it affects dialogue but they're very rare

There is technically one actual mechanical difference: the Short and Chubby Girls aren't allowed to equip the girl's bonus costume. Because of course it needed more arbitrary restrictions on it.

Booky
Feb 21, 2013

Chill Bug

Nick Buntline posted:

There is technically one actual mechanical difference: the Short and Chubby Girls aren't allowed to equip the girl's bonus costume. Because of course it needed more arbitrary restrictions on it.

Actually, you can equip the bonus costume with the short girl (I don't know about the chubby girl, but I'm pretty sure too) by having no one in your party and going to equip it, it's just that there's a low chance of it getting put on.

Also, I noticed that the audio for the first part of the SNES game's video was a little bit ahead of the footage?

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Waffleman_ posted:

Well, if you pick Josuke, there is an alternate route that you can take, but that's purely a NG+ thing and will not be relevant to this LP.

Noooooo. :negative:

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

I vote for Bowie.

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Well add another vote for Lucia then

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
Voting for Bowie because Lu sounds very OCDNS-ish.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Booky posted:

Also, I noticed that the audio for the first part of the SNES game's video was a little bit ahead of the footage?

Yeah, it's a bit off. I couldn't correct it without over correcting it.

Monk E
May 19, 2009
Voting for Bowie though its too bad Space Oddity is only gonna be in the sequel spinoff thing.

Ismene
Apr 26, 2012
Pillbug
Voting for Lucia because the only thing really missing from Part 3 was a Zeppeli.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
Lucia, because we need a Zeppeli to sacrifice themselves for Jotaro.

Cirina
Feb 15, 2013

Operation complete.

Waffleman_ posted:

Well that settles it, definitely have to vote for Lucia now.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Italian pepper is best pepper, dear Lucia. While I do love the Bowie, seasoning is just more entertaining.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Aaaand I forgot to vote.

Lucia.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Damn it, It's all your fault!
Lucia :bandwagon:

Also, Stand needs to be named Me no speak Americano, because Italians.

Viola the Mad
Feb 13, 2010

ArcadePark posted:

Lucia :bandwagon:

Also, Stand needs to be named Me no speak Americano, because Italians.

Nah, it's gotta be a musical reference if it's a stand. Name the stand Q.U.E.E.N. Lucia's a classy lady.

CaptianKatsura
Feb 28, 2011

I'm not Katsura, I'm Captain Katsura!

We don't actually name our stand. The game has a set of preset stands that are given to you based on how you answer the quiz, just like in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

We don't get to name the Stand, sadly.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

CaptianKatsura posted:

We don't actually name our stand. The game has a set of preset stands that are given to you based on how you answer the quiz, just like in Pokemon Mystery Dungeon.

drat it. that's a shame.

Viola the Mad posted:

Nah, it's gotta be a musical reference if it's a stand. Name the stand Q.U.E.E.N. Lucia's a classy lady.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CR8logunPzQ

This name makes sense because this song samples from a different Italian song called Tu Vuò Fà L'Americano

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BqlJwMFtMCs

Or it would have been, but apparently, no Stand name editting.

WrightOfWay
Jul 24, 2010

If it makes you feel better all the protag stands are music references already.

evilspacehopper
Oct 10, 2012

Hinawa remembered in death as she was in life: endlessly eating birds.

WrightOfWay posted:

If it makes you feel better all the protag stands are music references already.

That's good to know.... Although part 3 doesn't do the music themed stands. Guess we'll automatically have the coolest stand name then!

Also I like the idea of adding our own Zeppeli into part 3, make her catchphrase something Italian too. I'd suggest something but I know like zero Italian.

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

evilspacehopper posted:

That's good to know.... Although part 3 doesn't do the music themed stands. Guess we'll automatically have the coolest stand name then!

Also I like the idea of adding our own Zeppeli into part 3, make her catchphrase something Italian too. I'd suggest something but I know like zero Italian.

Part 5 was full of them, so maybe we can steal one of them? Di Molto is a great phrase that's available.

Forktoss
Feb 13, 2012

I'm OK, you're so-so

evilspacehopper posted:

TUTTI FRUTTI !!

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.

evilspacehopper posted:

I think there's just Cream and The World and that's it.

Nidoking
Jan 27, 2009

I fought the lava, and the lava won.

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Nah, The World was part of the Tarot naming standard that covered as many Stands as there were Major Arcana cards to name them after. Cream and Tenor Sax were it for musical references, I think, and the latter was never named within the story as far as I know.

Valleyant
Jul 23, 2007

That darn catte
Gotta have a Zeppeli

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

evilspacehopper posted:

Ever wonder why The World had nonfunctional scuba tanks on it's back? Holy Diver

Aithon
Jan 3, 2014

Every puzzle has an answer.

That's wonderful. :allears:

ChaosArgate
Oct 10, 2012

Why does everyone think I'm going to get in trouble?

Nidoking posted:

Nah, The World was part of the Tarot naming standard that covered as many Stands as there were Major Arcana cards to name them after. Cream and Tenor Sax were it for musical references, I think, and the latter was never named within the story as far as I know.

Cream is great because it and its user, Vanilla Ice, are both musical references and double as a combined joke name.

Josuke Higashikata
Mar 7, 2013

Tenor Sax (Kenny G) and Cream are the music stands in Part 3.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

ChaosArgate posted:

Cream is great because it and its user, Vanilla Ice, are both musical references and double as a combined joke name.

He also gets melted in sunlight. :v:

Siegkrow
Oct 11, 2013

Arguing about Lore for 5 years and counting

Rohan Kishibe posted:

Cream is also a pun on its user being called Vanilla ice.

Vanilla Ice - Cream.

Scaly Haylie
Dec 25, 2004

Waffleman_ posted:

One Lucia, please.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

Alright, it looks like our Seventh Stand User is gonna be Lucia Zeppeli.

Expect at least a mini-update going through character creation this weekend.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
I'll admit I forgot about Tenor Sax. And you forget even time itself is under DIO's control.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry
Oh hey, the range system seems kind of a neat mechanic. I'd like to see how that winds up working out later on down the game.

Kaboom Dragoon
May 7, 2010

The greatest of feasts

Fine, pick a Zeppeli, but don't come crying to me when the protagonist dies 3/4 of the way through the game! :argh:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ArcadePark
Feb 4, 2011

Kaboom Dragoon posted:

Fine, pick a Zeppeli, but don't come crying to me when the protagonist dies 3/4 of the way through the game! :argh:

That's the whole point of having a Zeppeli on the team, why would anyone complain?

• Locked thread