Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007
Biggie Smalls and Junior Mafia some mark ass bitches

evilweasel posted:

It would be nice if there was any way to replace bad justices short of hoping they were dead, because while I didn't wish the guy any personal ill will I did want him off the court pretty badly but in reality there's no way to separate the two.

This has been my take on it. Not that he cared, but he had two ways of removing his awful opinions from the national stage: retirement and death. I would have been happy with either and he chose death, so I am happy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007

corn in the bible posted:

It also makes decisions against businesses almost impossible since somebody gave money to the judge and it's probably not you

This is an emerging problem in arbitration, so I can't imagine it being any different if a regular judge is involved.

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007

evilweasel posted:

we're pretty sure we've confirmed he's dead, yep

Of course Obama's surgeon general would declare Scalia dead!

MickeyFinn
May 8, 2007

vyelkin posted:

I've got a radical conspiracy theory for you guys: perhaps this 79 year old overweight man who smoked and had sleep apnea could conceivably have died of natural causes? After all, Scalia could have forgotten to take his daily dose of super secret magic potion that makes conservatives immune to natural deaths.

Pure applesauce.

• Locked thread