Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Drogue Chronicle
Feb 23, 2016

by Cowcaster

blowfish posted:

does the south have more firepower this time around?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_United_States_military_bases

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drogue Chronicle
Feb 23, 2016

by Cowcaster

A Winner is Jew posted:

Texas is the only state to worry about, and the fact that CA not only equals them in bases but also produces the vast majority of military air craft means that while they have more firepower, the rest of the US that won't rebel has way more than they do.

This is really stupid, "bases" isn't a good metric, lots of those are admin or navy stuff that wouldn't be helpful. And LOL at "producing" aircraft. Component manufacturing is scattered all over the place. Actual combat aircraft are, I believe also heavily concentrated in the south and the west. Guess what liberal, dense, urban areas don't want near them? Things that make lots of noise or explosions.

Active duty Army Brigade Combat Team figures, may be off by 1 due to deactivations/consolidations in the last couple of years, I'm mostly low balling and assuming deactivations have happened:

Texas: 7
Georgia: 3
North Carolina: 3
Kansas: 3
Kentucky: 3
New York: 2
Louisiana: 1
Alaska: 2
Hawaii: 2
Washington: 3
Colorado: 3

The south dominates. Stateside Marines are mostly in CA or NC, if I recall correctly.

Drogue Chronicle
Feb 23, 2016

by Cowcaster
The south also contributes a greatly disproportionate number of enlistments. And servicemen are heavily republican.

Drogue Chronicle
Feb 23, 2016

by Cowcaster

Wulfolme posted:

Do you have the data on that on hand?

http://www.ijreview.com/2015/02/251918-data-shows-highest-numbers-united-states-military-come/

Drogue Chronicle
Feb 23, 2016

by Cowcaster
The minorities are heavily in support jobs and there for the paycheck. The infantry and tankers who signed up to kill someone are disproportionately white.

I was a combat arms artillery officer for 8 years.

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

• Locked thread