Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

"what is that man doing to his anus"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

flakeloaf posted:

"what is that man doing to his anus"

i see it

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

that was a phrase on blank canvas

this is "that looks unsanitary" + the goatman

add "snakes and fruit" to that and you get this

e:

"i feel calm"

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

can i get a before/after?

ive tried a bunch of drawings with associated prompts and the best i get is this kind of thing:

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

flakeloaf posted:

that was a phrase on blank canvas

"You must apply the prose-paint to the painting first!"

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

click "all" to tell it to paint on the whole canvas or just draw on the bit you want modified

before pic for my original post was a blank canvas, then the goatman, then what this thing did to the goatman, last one's tubgirl

this is also tubgirl with "family vacation photo"

i guess it's easier to take the family on vacation when you're just one mass of undulating horrid flesh

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

gotcha

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

frasier crane + "bankrobber" looks more cyberpunk than i expected

e: some kind of double tie not like grandma joke

Carthag Tuek fucked around with this message at 02:30 on Feb 26, 2022

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

"juice poo poo bathtub woman" shows this thing's potential as an avatar / 90s alt band cd cover generator

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

flakeloaf posted:

"juice poo poo bathtub woman" shows this thing's potential as an avatar / 90s alt band cd cover generator

i definitely saw that face in wired magazine circa 2002

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

Carthag Tuek posted:

ive tried a bunch of drawings with associated prompts and the best i get is this kind of thing:

oh, i didn't know they trained it on use of weapons

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Carthag Tuek posted:

Tell it to run multiple times on the same image for better results.

Here's the their example fox image with the prompt "h r geiger" 5 or 6 times.

Here's the same starting image with the prompt "Picasso"

It also works well with a blank canvas but it REALLY wants to include the artists face in these drawings which can be rather creepy. I tried the fox image with "Dali" but it can't stop giving it his face

Chalks fucked around with this message at 09:59 on Feb 26, 2022

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Spinyahahahahahahahahahahahaha!

Doctor Rope
you can fairly easily run some (GPT-like) transformers on your own computer, with open source tools and pretrained open data sets: https://huggingface.co/docs/transformers/index

i have run the GPT Neo transformer from huggingface with this 1.3 billion parameter model: https://huggingface.co/EleutherAI/gpt-neo-1.3B. i have a rrtx 2080 super with 8 GB of vram and it can barely run that model. the results are not flawless, but unreasonably good for something you can run at home and easily good enough that if you curate the output, you can mine for comedy gold by feeding it Good Posts.

for example, i fed the model this classic http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1so7lia and it kept the proposal:/reality: format and while a lot of the text it generated was not something i want to post, i did laugh out loud at this one:

quote:

proposal: a forum for the most stupid, pointless, and ridiculous posts you've ever seen in your life

reality: a moderator tried to kick a guy for wearing a T-shirt that said "i love cilantro."

i also tried feeding the model this bit:
code:
/** get the size of the Butt */
function getButtSize(butt) {
and it output this:
JavaScript code:
/** get the size of the Butt */
function getButtSize(butt) {
    if (butt) {
        return Math.round(butt.getSize());
    } else {
        return null;
    }
}
i repeat, this is running on my own computer and using a relatively small 1.3 billion parameter model. EleutherAI also provides a 2.7B model as well as a 20B model. GPT-3 uses 175 billion parameters, so just from raw numbers we're not very close to running that on consumer hardware

Wheany fucked around with this message at 19:57 on May 7, 2022

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
you can try EleutherAI's 6 billion parameter model online here https://6b.eleuther.ai/

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Wheany posted:

you can try EleutherAI's 6 billion parameter model online here https://6b.eleuther.ai/

lmao

prompt i wrote (i used to be a news producer, this was easy)

quote:

The lobster-like Alexander Lukashenko farted in a barrel on Saturday. It was the latest blast from the Eastern European dictator, who claimed his farts would power the nation's beloved KGB. His beady eyes filled with tears as he described the powerful stench.

result:

GPT-3 posted:

The lobster-like Alexander Lukashenko farted in a barrel on Saturday. It was the latest blast from the Eastern European dictator, who claimed his farts would power the nation's beloved KGB. His beady eyes filled with tears as he described the powerful stench.

"I know that many people will say that it smells like a Russian sausage, but it does not," Lukashenko said. "It smells like a foreign sausage. It smells like a fart from a Westerner. It smells like a fart from a German. It smells like a fart from a Frenchman. It smells like a fart from a Polish man. It smells like a fart from a Dutchman."

I was sent to Siberia to try and find out what the man was up to. I'm here to tell you that he's probably got the smelliest rear end in all of Europe.

On Saturday, I was given a lesson in how to do business in Russia by Alexander Lukashenko, the president of Belarus. He is the world's most powerful dictator, with an army of 1.3 million and a reputation for torturing dissidents. He also has a big butthole.

"I am the president of a small country," Lukashenko said. "Belarus is a small country, but it has a big heart. A big heart. I don't need to prove that. The entire nation knows. Everyone knows that my rear end is big. It is big. I am sure that you have seen it."

Agile Vector
May 21, 2007

scrum bored

I'm not great with these, so I chucked a classic in

prompt and result

quote:

"Why do you have to zip up your pants every time you get off that hog, Travis," Punchy said. I nearly fell off the bike, aghast. "You got a pussy in that thing?" I coughed and gulped. "Hahahaha, nice one, Punchy," I said. "You're such a joker, man."

Punchy started to laugh. "Come on, let's go," he said.

We rode for about an hour, passing few cars on the freeway. It was very hot and very dusty. The desert was a flat, empty, sandy expanse, all punctuated by dunes. I was feeling very thirsty, so I turned off on a side road. We rode for about a mile before Punchy said, "You want to see a hole?"

I said, "What kind of hole?"

"It's a real big one,"

feeding it back gets me either plausible hole stories, or increasingly teasing innunedo prompts like the hole

quote:

he said. "It's a sinkhole."

"A sinkhole?"

"Yeah, it's a big hole in the ground. It's been there for a long time."

"Where is it?"

"Right over there," he said, pointing. "You can see it from the road."

I was curious, but I was also feeling very thirsty. I said, "Let's go."

We rode for about a mile before Punchy said, "You want to see something else?"

"What?"

"You want to see a rattlesnake

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
The adventure where Punchy shows you cool things.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lmao this is great

input

Beeftweeter posted:

In a tweet on Saturday, tech entrepreneur Elon Musk called for the "immediate liquidation of the proletariat" so that "I can take their poo poo instead of buying it. I alone am the only one capable of running everything". Musk, the world's richest man, said that he would prefer kleptocracy over capitalism in the United States because "I need more stuff" and that "raising money is hard, so I should just be able to take what I want". He explained that sending the working class to their deaths would result in "a better stock price for Tesla, probably"

output

GPT-3 posted:

In a tweet on Saturday, tech entrepreneur Elon Musk called for the "immediate liquidation of the proletariat" so that "I can take their poo poo instead of buying it. I alone am the only one capable of running everything". Musk, the world's richest man, said that he would prefer kleptocracy over capitalism in the United States because "I need more stuff" and that "raising money is hard, so I should just be able to take what I want". He explained that sending the working class to their deaths would result in "a better stock price for Tesla, probably" and that "I can always buy a new one".

In an interview on Sunday, Musk defended his call for "economic annihilation" and said that he had been "joking". He also said that he had been "very disappointed" in the United States' economy, adding that it was "the worst I've ever seen".

"I don't think it's that funny," said Musk. "But if I'm the only one who gets the joke, then I'm the one who gets to make the rules. If I say something is funny, then it's funny. If I say something is not funny, then it's not funny."

The idea of mass murder to boost the value of a company's shares has been a long-running tradition in Silicon Valley.

The idea of the working class being slaughtered in order to enrich the shareholders of a company has been around since the late 19th century. In the early 20th century, the American inventor John Galen Howard popularised the concept of "economic annihilation" in his book, The Conquest of Bread. Howard advocated the total destruction of the American working class in order to maintain the value of his own company, Howard and Sons. He wrote that the working class "must be killed as the bees are killed, that the machine may run".

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
you're meant to generate new stuff, not just quote directly from tomorrow's financial times

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

big scary monsters posted:

you're meant to generate new stuff, not just quote directly from tomorrow's financial times

input in bold

GPT-3 posted:

Oracle founder Larry Ellison said he supported Musk's call to cull the poor. "Elon is right. It's their fault they don't have enough" and said he would provide funding for Musk's elimination squads. When asked if Musk's request for funding also categorized the world's richest man as "poor", Ellison responded, "He's the richest man in the world. He's not poor."

Musk said he could not take funding himself because he would not be able to find people willing to work on the project.

"I don't want to be a part of that," he said.

"It's not about who gets to be in charge, or who gets to decide what happens. This is about a massive, world-changing project that needs to be done and I don't think there are any good choices."

The project is Musk's attempt to reduce the number of humans in the world.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
jfc as fun as this may be it really makes me worried about the implications for the spread of believable disinformation

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

blasting women into space
corporate hot dog stories vol. 1

quote:

I think my coworkers secretly like it when stale hot dogs rain from the air conditioning vents like hurricane harvey did in 2017. But instead of drowning in despair, they wielded bottles of ketchup and mustard like a business casual re-enactment of the OK Corral.

"Throw us the innards, feed us the dogs!" they chanted in unison, while taking off their clothes.

"I'll take the hot dog, what do you want?" they asked, unfazed by this absurd situation. It was awesome.

Then, at lunchtime, I would walk into the cafeteria, ready to enjoy a whole dozen dogs in a breadbowl, when I was met by a new set of anti-hot dog heroes.

Their plan was simple: they were going to stuff the cavity of a piece of meat with ham and cheese, and then force-feed it to me.

I don't know if you've noticed, but a lot of days at work can get a little old. This one was no exception. One day, instead of a welcome treat, I found myself inundated with a ham and cheese slice, which I consumed entirely.

I spent the next day trying to get myself out of bed. I ate a bunch of pills. I threw up a ton of food in the bathroom. It was a rough day.

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

corporate hot dog stories vol. 2

quote:

Things got weird when our restricted stock unit bonuses were replaced with cases of ballpark franks. I was ok with our company's hotdog related shenanigans up to this point- nobody even batted an eye (or ear!) when on the last earnings call, the chief financial officer talked about our company growth in terms of "Nathan's points".

"We relish at the opportunity to integrate hotdogs into our corporate billing system, and believe our wiener customers will be elated", they said, between sordid gulps and groans of a strained digestive system.

A banker from Morgan Stanley, whose constant heavy breathing delighted all the listeners, asked
Mr. Naifeh: "Mr. President, may I have a hot dog?" I found this request funny and I'll assume everyone else did as well.

An analyst from JPMorgan Cazenove then asked "What about BBF? Can you see a turnaround in BBF shares?"

Gasping heavily, our CFO responded, "I think you should be referring to Not Hot Dog Franks... they're related to BBF in name only."

Predictably, BBF shares rallied. So much for the "hot dogs" play. Here we are a couple years later and Nathan's hot dog machines are still roving, testing the ecosystem. The only way to quench the desires of "Big-Belly" full-bellied consumers is by creating "No-Belly" full-bellied consumers. The apocalypse is close. The mortal peril can be seen in every adult's eyes and on each tiny face: a groaning belly.

Nathan's hot dogs are getting too complicated. They are being basted and barbecued. The peristaltic action is constricting the tissue. The guts are like tiny rubbery balloons; they want to expand. We have started to see a few stomach problems. It's not that we dislike warm, moist packages of hot dogs and sauerkraut, we just can't deal with them, these frigid, plasticky hot dogs that are not just 100% natural, but rather rendered chemically, flavorless, and thoroughly processed, they are chock-full of additives. How many additives could possibly be good for a person? How many things can explode in your mouth?

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

corporate hot dog stories vol. 3

quote:

The moment of reckoning between myself, and hotdog, once human, resources, finally arrived. I did everything I was supposed to. As part of my performance improvement plan, I performed a crude bratwurst-inspired interpretation of the vagina monologues whose entire meaning and purpose was replaced with corn starched khaki treatise on hebrew national bun points, condiment user stories, and frankfurter epics, inspired multitudes of those below me.

"Look, I did the hotdog fingers dance, AS YOU ASKED, and my metrics skyrocketed. Why am I being terminated?"

The head of hotdog resources glanced towards the window, then back at me, and responded:
"Because no one thinks you did the hotdog fingers dance."

"I just put my wrists in the oven! What more do you want?"

"A demonstration."

I once again did the hotdog fingers dance.

Silence.

Tearing up, I said: "Do you want to see me do the hotdog fingers dance again?"

Hotdog's head of human resources explained: "Samantha did the hotdog fingers dance. Samantha was you."

I stood in shock.

"Do you have anything to say?"

And so I dropped my pants.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
corporate hot dog stand

quote:

Steve Ballmer was angry. He was also incredibly high on peyote, and he had just eaten an entire anniversary cake. "You know," he started, spewing small chunks of yellow cake from his mouth as he spoke, "I'm not really sure if I can do this."

"Yes, you can," said Steve Jobs, taking a drag of his own joint, blowing the smoke out his nostrils, and then blowing it right back in.

"No, I can't," said the Microsoft CEO, frowning and shaking his head. "I don't know how to do this."

"You can do it," said the CEO of Apple, "because you have to."

"Well, I can't," said Ballmer, feeling increasingly confused. "How am I supposed to run a company?"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lmao i think i broke it

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

quote:

The walls were moving again. "Oh, my God, I'm starting another dimensional shift," said Mr. Ballmer, the former CEO of Microsoft. It was the fourth day of my visit with Mr. Ballmer, who insisted that we smoke methamphetamine together as soon as I had arrived. I initially rejected his offer, but his security guards made it impossible for me to leave. Mr. Ballmer shot out of his chair and began pacing, mumbling to himself. "I need another loving shirt" he said, "because this one is loving soaked." It was true; this would be his forty-seventh shirt change during my visit. "I... want... another... loving... shirt."

I grabbed a pack of cigarettes and lit a smoke. Mr. Ballmer was quiet for a moment, and then he started talking again. "I'm the best at what I do," he said. "I don't know why people don't realize that."

"Because you're a billionaire, right?" I asked.

"Yes, but I'm better than them. I'm a loving genius."

Mr. Ballmer was referring to his former company, Microsoft, which he said was "in trouble."

gnatalie
Jul 1, 2003

corporate hot dog stories vol. 4 thank you for reading

quote:

Surrounded by my coworkers, who were clothed in various interpretations of famous hotdogs throughout history, some good, some bad (Jackie, your sauerkraut inspired a-line skirt is fantastic, but the proportions are all hosed up when you wear it with those "comfy" pigs in a blanket sandals that make a footlong look tiny in comparison to your bloated-rear end feet), I gathered my belongings in a bland bun-shaped container.

They all watched, slurped, ate, grumbled, and nervously looked around while franks were whizzing about the sky via seemingly invisible conveyor belts.

For my final goodbye, I said:

"Ok, guys, now I know how you get tipsy in the pub. You take a half a can of strong and fermented meat, rub it all over your body, and then go jogging. Then you get piss drunk because you ran your liver through a meat grinder, and now you're not as sober as you used to be, but you still look really hot, so we have to look at you. Get it?"

But by then, it was too late.

Oh gently caress, it was too late.

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Beeftweeter posted:

jfc as fun as this may be it really makes me worried about the implications for the spread of believable disinformation

I see you're going through the same arc i did. "holy poo poo this rules lol lmao -> oh gently caress"

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

quote:

There were only two paths forward — either I'd have to jump through the Goat Man's gaping anus, or be set on fire.

"Well, I'm not going to try and run away from you, am I?" I said. "So, I guess it's a leap of faith for you, isn't it? You're going to burn me alive, you're going to kill me."

I made my way to the Goat Man's anus.

"Well, I guess you're just going to have to take your chances," I said. "See, I'm going to have to jump."

I walked up to the Goat Man and leaped through his gaping anus.

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
lol

quote:

As I approached, the man made a bizarre booing sound. I asked him what he was doing, but his vacant eyes never once looked up, and he seemed to have soiled himself. Elon Musk was in the doorway, grinning. "I don't think he can hear you," he said, "he's in the Matrix." I asked Musk what he meant, and he began describing a virtual world much like the movie series, generated by the implant and networked with other users. Whether or not that was the case for the man was impossible to tell; because the implant can't be controlled from the outside, the man would never be able to tell us. I asked Musk how he knew that to be true; he said "obviously it's just an example. Experiences may vary." But the only thing the man seemed to be experiencing was brain death. "We haven't exactly figured everything out and networking is still in alpha," said Musk, "so I don't know. They seem happy enough." He showed me four more "beta testers", all wearing diapers and a strange, blank expression. "Our users," said Musk. "This is going to be a little gross, but I'd like to get it over with. And it's pretty accurate. In fact, we're pretty sure that you're the first person to see this, and that's why we're here." He leaned in close to the man's forehead. "He doesn't really have a brain, but he's got an implant that's still alive and connected to the rest of the network. This is the implant, by the way." The implant was the size of a small coin, and appeared to be made of a thick, soft material. It was attached to the man's head by a clear, flexible tube that had been surgically inserted. It was hard to tell how long it had been there, but it was clearly a foreign object.

"This implant will eventually replace the one that you have, and then it will continue to grow, and we think it will continue to grow for the rest of your life. This will be your brain, and this will be the rest of your body. And, of course, we have some new features that we're working on. We're working on some very interesting things that will allow you to be connected to the internet, and to other users. In fact, the implant is connected to the internet right now, and we're getting ready to connect you to it."

I asked Musk if he was saying that this man was a real person. He looked surprised by the question. "Well, obviously this man is not a real person," he said. "He's a machine. A machine that's being used to test our implant."

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Wheany posted:

I see you're going through the same arc i did. "holy poo poo this rules lol lmao -> oh gently caress"

and also: at least with the page i linked and when using openai, in theory you can be rate limited, but i ran the 1.3B model on my own computer with 8GB VRAM.

assuming the 6B model uses about 3x the memory, you can easily fit it in a single 32GB nvidia tesla v100. it costs ~$12k, which is not exactly pocket change, but also isn't completely unrealistic for a small operation or even a figgieland computer toucher

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN

Wheany posted:

and also: at least with the page i linked and when using openai, in theory you can be rate limited, but i ran the 1.3B model on my own computer with 8GB VRAM.

assuming the 6B model uses about 3x the memory, you can easily fit it in a single 32GB nvidia tesla v100. it costs ~$12k, which is not exactly pocket change, but also isn't completely unrealistic for a small operation or even a figgieland computer toucher

i still just have a gtx 970, i don't think any of this poo poo will work well on it lol

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
i also ran https://github.com/CompVis/latent-diffusion. this was a lot harder to run and the results are very much in the "funy computer" category instead of the wizardry people are doing with dall-e. i mostly followed the instructions on that page to get the model running, with 2 exceptions:

i had to install an older version on touchmetrics because i got an error ("ImportError: cannot import name 'get_num_classes' from 'torchmetrics.utilities.data'"):
code:
conda install -c conda-forge torchmetrics=0.6.0
and instead of the command on the page
code:
python scripts/txt2img.py --prompt "a virus monster is playing guitar, oil on canvas" --ddim_eta 0.0 --n_samples 4 --n_iter 4 --scale 5.0  --ddim_steps 50
i had to use --n_samples 1 or my GPU would run out of memory.

anyway, here are multiple runs of me trying to get it to generate some kind of an yospos hacker with different prompts (hacker with yospos on screen, computer hacker reading yospos, hacker in front of screen displaying yospos etc). if i use the word "reading", it really likes to make a book-like blob somewhere. it also really likes overlaying text on the image.

56k warrning

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
i too like to wear a balaclava whilst shitposting

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope
and someone on the yoscord requested "a man who hates bicycles" which resulted in a bunch of book covers:

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
is there a web version of that kind of poo poo too for those of us with puny gpus? trying poo poo like "the tallest penguin in Dresden", "extremely unsettling mustaches", "celebrities with too many teeth", "girls that like fluoride way too much", "sludgy aerosols", "caterpillars that refuse to grow", "military surplus glow in the dark garden hose", etc. might be fun

Wheany
Mar 17, 2006

Doctor Rope

Beeftweeter posted:

is there a web version of that kind of poo poo too for those of us with puny gpus? trying poo poo like "the tallest penguin in Dresden", "extremely unsettling mustaches", "celebrities with too many teeth", "girls that like fluoride way too much", "sludgy aerosols", "caterpillars that refuse to grow", "military surplus glow in the dark garden hose", etc. might be fun

https://huggingface.co/spaces/multimodalart/latentdiffusion

that web version only allows for 50 "steps", while the one i run locally can use up to 250. the number of steps improves the quality:

Here is the prompt "a sign that reads yospos bithc" with 1, 5, 25 and 125 steps

Wheany fucked around with this message at 07:50 on May 8, 2022

fermun
Nov 4, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beeftweeter
Jun 28, 2005

OFFICIAL #1 GNOME FAN
yyeeessss