Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

i wrote a markov tweet generator years ago when i was bored at work, it was pretty funny for a while as i fed my friends tweets into it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

the bot tweeted my girlfriend yesterday

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

vodkat posted:

That was the plan once its up and running but it took my a while to get the whole thing running because python doesn't have a nice library to use for making markov chains (nltk used to have one but it got depreciated). Luckily I found someone else code that I could steal that seems to work well enough.

For a super hardcore markov bot you make a per character neutral network like this guy http://karpathy.github.io/2015/05/21/rnn-effectiveness/ but that is way beyond my lovely programming skills or my MacBooks integrated graphics.

i wrote a markov chain python library years ago, it was good fun

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

how many natural language parsing methods can we run on tori's posts?

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Pumpy Dumper posted:

what kind of hardware do you need to run that stuff? ive got a laptop with ubuntu that is a few years old that i can put dedicated to this

rnn's? to get it working in any sensible timeframe you'll probably need a gpu that can do cuda

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

Pumpy Dumper posted:

I've got an old GTX 460. is it possible to have two different GPUs in a computer if one is just being used for CUDA?

pretty sure that's ok